collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you like the SDCC?

Yes, Love It!
29 (10.9%)
Yes, but its Not worth the money!
47 (17.7%)
No, Its not worth the money!
155 (58.5%)
Need to see it in person.
16 (6%)
Not sure yet.
18 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 217

Author Topic: SDCC pony revealed!  (Read 13613 times)

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: SDCC pony revealed!
« Reply #240 on: June 06, 2013, 06:27:33 AM »
Fifty g** d*** dollars for that!? Lmfao...wow.

At least this one should be easier to get, as that is totally not what anyone was asking for. So underwhelming...

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 06, 2013, 06:30:48 AM »

At least this one should be easier to get, as that is totally not what anyone was asking for. So underwhelming...

Yes and considering they can get it cheaper at hot topic when it's released.

popyduggan

« Reply #242 on: June 06, 2013, 06:48:59 AM »

Yes and considering they can get it cheaper at hot topic when it's released.
Ah, so what we have here is a "Golden Turd".

Definition courtesy of the urban dictionary; "Something that has excessive hyperbole and popularity, pawned off as being great and excellent, when, underneath all the hoopla and hype, is actually quite pathetic, obnoxious, overpraised, and downright overrated.".

Really, it's just a Design a Pony with $34 of bling and a Poundland led base. Okay, I'm done ranting (for today).

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 06, 2013, 06:55:42 AM »
OK I'm trying to find something positive so I don't just stick it in a box when I get home....

~ At least it's not another Mane 6 (although I would've taken a brushable Mane 6 over a vinyl, or an art pony Mane 6 with lots of design creativity)

~ The glasses are molded on, not painted on.

~ The box lights up, so kudos on a creative packaging design.

~ It's not pink.

OK, I'm feeling a *wee* bit better. Still having a hard time with it being a non-brushable.   I wonder how this is being received by the bronies.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 06, 2013, 07:12:21 AM »
Hmmm.....now I am in a collecting dilemma. I don't really like her, and I am disgusted that they bedazzled a giant happy meal toy and have the nerve to charge $50 for her. However, I want to have all of the exclusives, so I would have to have her in my collection to be able to say that. I HATE molded hair. I think that's what I dislike most about her. I also really dislike that its not a new character. I also don't like to think about the fact that a bigger chunk of the price of the pony would be for the packaging. I don't need my pony's box to light up like a rave. I am SO glad I have gotten my hands on (well when she arrives in the mail) Black Tie Pinkie.....I guess I'll consider her my personal exclusive for this year. lol

All this being said.....I'll probably end up getting her. That need to have all of the exclusives will be too much in the end.

Which brings up something else that gets to me. As others have said, the only way to let Hasbro know that we are not happy is to simply not buy her. I agree with this....to a point. It does show hasbro that we don't like her, but I also fear the backlash on that. If no one were to buy her, the dopes at Hasbro might say, "Oh.....well, MLP exclusives no longer sell.....guess we don't have to make one for next year."

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 06, 2013, 07:14:39 AM »
Sorry, but I really cannot stand her.

Plastic hair? Light up? Scores tacky to me :( *dodges fakies *

Here's a positive though; good size, and less people who want her, more for others= lower prices for those who do want her hopefully!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:12:23 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #246 on: June 06, 2013, 07:19:02 AM »
Think of all the G1s you could buy with $50!!!
Maybe even a MB for that price!

I agree, vote no with your wallet.

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #247 on: June 06, 2013, 07:22:53 AM »
Think of all the G1s you could buy with $50!!!
Maybe even a MB for that price!

I agree, vote no with your wallet.
I totally agree - and since I don't collect G4s I'm gonna take the $50 to the Fair to buy a pony I really want or need.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #248 on: June 06, 2013, 07:31:43 AM »
Well! Having read through all five pages, now I can share my own opinion.

I woke up, checked my RSS feeds over a cup of tea, and went ~absolutely berserk~ when I saw that the SDCC 2013 pony had been revealed. So. Much. Awesome! :shocked: Look at all that awesome! Glitter! Crystals! Lights! Pretty! $50! Pony pony pony pony pony (continued for half an hour)

Now all my enthusiasm has calmed somewhat, I have to say I still love the look of her and I was devastated to find out that preorders are now about $160 at least on eBay. I thought to myself, this is probably the cheapest I'll ever see her, and I was incredibly sad. If anybody has preordered one of these with their MLP Fair ticket packages and would like to pass her on to someone who would give her the love and adoration she deserves- please let me know. I would love one of these so much.

(Also, I think some people are getting confused. Vinyl is her name. She's not actually made of it, like a Funko figure.) :P
:fox:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 06, 2013, 07:40:15 AM »
OK I'm trying to find something positive so I don't just stick it in a box when I get home....

~ At least it's not another Mane 6 (although I would've taken a brushable Mane 6 over a vinyl, or an art pony Mane 6 with lots of design creativity)

~ The glasses are molded on, not painted on.

~ The box lights up, so kudos on a creative packaging design.

~ It's not pink.

OK, I'm feeling a *wee* bit better. Still having a hard time with it being a non-brushable.   I wonder how this is being received by the bronies.

I seriously love you...just for finding positives :hug:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #250 on: June 06, 2013, 07:54:34 AM »
I know most of you are probably disgusted and disappointed with her as the 2013 exclusive, but I LOVE her and if anyone can grab one for me at the fair... PLEASE PM ME!

Post Merge: June 06, 2013, 07:55:44 AM

Well! Having read through all five pages, now I can share my own opinion.

I woke up, checked my RSS feeds over a cup of tea, and went ~absolutely berserk~ when I saw that the SDCC 2013 pony had been revealed. So. Much. Awesome! :shocked: Look at all that awesome! Glitter! Crystals! Lights! Pretty! $50! Pony pony pony pony pony (continued for half an hour)

Now all my enthusiasm has calmed somewhat, I have to say I still love the look of her and I was devastated to find out that preorders are now about $160 at least on eBay. I thought to myself, this is probably the cheapest I'll ever see her, and I was incredibly sad. If anybody has preordered one of these with their MLP Fair ticket packages and would like to pass her on to someone who would give her the love and adoration she deserves- please let me know. I would love one of these so much.

(Also, I think some people are getting confused. Vinyl is her name. She's not actually made of it, like a Funko figure.) :P

I feel the same way! I went on ebay to see the preorders and I too thought omg... these are going to be expensive as flip!

[language edit ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:09:12 AM by hathorcat »

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 06, 2013, 07:59:16 AM »
I think this is kinda funny for some reason.  I think she's cute, but I'm not going to go nuts trying to buy her off eBay. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #252 on: June 06, 2013, 08:13:37 AM »
I'm not even sure how to feel about this…. I came right over here after I saw the news to see what Arena members were saying.

I miss the art ponies for sure. They were unique, creative, and just for us. The Vinyl figure is cool and everything, but, molded hair? And this is meant to represent the 30th anniversary of the brand? We would have been happy with a set of glitter ponies, I think- with different characters from different gens. I guess I feel like this was a lazy move by Hasbro, made to please the bronies more than anyone else.

I actually loved the Grey Lady exclusive last year. I thought it was a cute idea, she's well made (if a tad overpriced), and had nice packaging. But I certainly didn't think it was going to start a trend of brony-centric exclusives. I'm really saddened that collectors have been kicked to the curb while the brony craze happens.

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #253 on: June 06, 2013, 08:16:31 AM »
Not interested.  It's a lot of money for a character I feel is overdone.  I guess I don't see all the hype over her (even though I adore gray bubble pegasus).  And sheesh, $50?  For a bedazzled pony with non brushable hair?  I'll pass.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2013, 08:20:36 AM »
They are going to cater to those that buy. This is why I'm sure they canned the art ponies. They weren't selling. They needed to switch tactics and find something that would sell. Bubbles sold out and she sold out quick. They are trying again this year to have something that will sell out again.

I'm just not so sure on this one. I think the bling might turn more folks off then on as it appears to be on the arena.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal