collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Should I Do?  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What Should I Do?
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2013, 05:34:22 AM »
I just saw the Mom this morning.  She pulled into her driveway.  I walked as quickly as I could without running to meet her.  I went up to her and said "Morning" and she said "Morning" like I was casually going up to her for no reason.  She then realized why I was there and said she doesn't have them anymore.  :cry:

She said she works with someone who has a little girl and when they want to give stuff they go to her.  So, the ponies were one of those things.  She assured me they are being cared for and loved.  That's fine but I wished they had remembered to ask me first.  She apparently realized after they had been given away who they belonged to and they forgot to ask me.

I'm pretty bummed but I supposed if I had asked much sooner I could have had them but I don't know when this was done.  If only I hadn't listened to my Mom sooner and decided to ask sooner.  Oh well.  Nothing I can do about it now.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2013, 06:40:58 AM »
I just saw the Mom this morning.  She pulled into her driveway.  I walked as quickly as I could without running to meet her.  I went up to her and said "Morning" and she said "Morning" like I was casually going up to her for no reason.  She then realized why I was there and said she doesn't have them anymore.  :cry:

She said she works with someone who has a little girl and when they want to give stuff they go to her.  So, the ponies were one of those things.  She assured me they are being cared for and loved.  That's fine but I wished they had remembered to ask me first.  She apparently realized after they had been given away who they belonged to and they forgot to ask me.

I'm pretty bummed but I supposed if I had asked much sooner I could have had them but I don't know when this was done.  If only I hadn't listened to my Mom sooner and decided to ask sooner.  Oh well.  Nothing I can do about it now.

Aw, I'm sorry sweets.  :(  I know how disappointing that can be.  But on the plus side, as least they're being well loved and played with. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2013, 06:51:37 AM »
That's a real shame :( Sorry to hear that you couldn't get them back.

At the end of the day though, you've learned an important life lesson. If you give things to people then those things become theirs to do what they want with and they likely wont consult all the original owners before getting rid of them!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2013, 07:05:17 AM »
That's a real shame :( Sorry to hear that you couldn't get them back.

At the end of the day though, you've learned an important life lesson. If you give things to people then those things become theirs to do what they want with and they likely wont consult all the original owners before getting rid of them!

True.  It seems to me like they forgot.  Just packed some things up and left.  I have a nice collection about 7 or so G3's I kept plus comic con, fair and art ponies plus tons of G1's.  Not as much as other people but I have a much bigger collection than I did when I was a kid.  When I start working again I'm going to try to get some of my favorite G3's back here.  I would have been more upset if they were thrown away or something.

Post Merge: June 05, 2013, 07:06:14 AM

Aw, I'm sorry sweets.  :(  I know how disappointing that can be.  But on the plus side, as least they're being well loved and played with. 

Yes, that made me feel a little better.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2013, 07:08:04 AM »
There are some people here selling more common G3s for good prices so I'm sure you will have your collection back in no time :) Good luck!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2013, 07:17:30 AM »
There are some people here selling more common G3s for good prices so I'm sure you will have your collection back in no time :) Good luck!

Thanks. :)  I will look forward to pony shopping here again.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2013, 07:32:16 AM »
And also check craigslist too.  I frequently see large lots of G3's.  At least it wasn't G1's that were given away.  ^_^

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2013, 07:32:22 AM »
I haven't commented before, but I was one of the minority who thought is was best to not ask. It's a shame you couldn't get them back, but at the end of the day, G3s are fairly common and cheap to pick up, so I wouldn't worry, it shouldn't take too long to reclaim them. I have nearly 70 G3s on my trade thread that I am also selling at very reasonable prices if you are interested, PM me the ponies you want, and I'll get you individual prices. I just need the space back from my bedroom floor, having 70 G3s in crates on the floor isn't fun!

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2013, 07:47:55 AM »
Aww that's a shame, though with them being in a good home it's better than them just going in the trash  :biggrin:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2013, 08:29:28 AM »
I haven't commented before, but I was one of the minority who thought is was best to not ask. It's a shame you couldn't get them back, but at the end of the day, G3s are fairly common and cheap to pick up, so I wouldn't worry, it shouldn't take too long to reclaim them. I have nearly 70 G3s on my trade thread that I am also selling at very reasonable prices if you are interested, PM me the ponies you want, and I'll get you individual prices. I just need the space back from my bedroom floor, having 70 G3s in crates on the floor isn't fun!

Thanks for the offer.  Nothing personal but I'll probably end up buying from US sellers, because of the price of shipping.  I do appreciate the offer though.

Post Merge: June 05, 2013, 08:30:52 AM

And also check craigslist too.  I frequently see large lots of G3's.  At least it wasn't G1's that were given away.  ^_^

Yeah true.  I wouldn't do that, no matter how much I figured I wouldn't like MLP anymore.  I wish I could go back in time and just put my ponies away until I was ready for them again.  Kudos to who invents a time machine. :D

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2013, 09:37:05 AM »
I'm so sorry, I understand how disappointed you are :( But at least you now know you have courage and you won't be thinking about "what would have happened if I asked" :) Always look on the bright side  ;)

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2013, 09:37:55 AM »
Aw hon I'm so sorry to hear about that :c what a bummer! If it helps, I have a few G3s for sale that I could sell you for cheap if you want, and I'm a US seller. They're in great condition, from my childhood collection, so if you're interested shoot me a pm! I'd love to help you get your collection back D:
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2013, 01:07:12 PM »
Sorry they're gone hun. At least now you know though, and at least they're being loved and played with.  There's always the hunt now which can be fun, I often see G3s on craigslist, at the thrift store and garage sales. All the best in rebuilding your collection!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2013, 01:39:16 PM »
Aw hon I'm so sorry to hear about that :c what a bummer! If it helps, I have a few G3s for sale that I could sell you for cheap if you want, and I'm a US seller. They're in great condition, from my childhood collection, so if you're interested shoot me a pm! I'd love to help you get your collection back D:

Thanks that's kind.  i need to get a job first though. :)  I've been unemployed since mid-October.  Everyone wants experience, even in retail.  It stinks.  I think I might be getting a job at McDonald's.  Not what I was hoping for but I have 5 years experience at Wendy's so at least it's money for now.  Eventually it can be pony money.  :)

Post Merge: June 05, 2013, 01:40:09 PM

I'm so sorry, I understand how disappointed you are :( But at least you now know you have courage and you won't be thinking about "what would have happened if I asked" :) Always look on the bright side  ;)

Yeah, I'm glad I asked at least instead of wondering.

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2013, 08:28:52 PM »

Thanks that's kind.  i need to get a job first though. :)  I've been unemployed since mid-October.  Everyone wants experience, even in retail.  It stinks.  I think I might be getting a job at McDonald's.  Not what I was hoping for but I have 5 years experience at Wendy's so at least it's money for now.  Eventually it can be pony money.  :)

I hear ya, finding jobs right now is tough :( I'm hoping to get one over the summer, but good luck in getting that one at McD's!
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal