collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinion Time!  (Read 3460 times)

Hexi

• Trade Count: (0)
Unpopular Opinion Time!
« on: May 29, 2013, 02:07:47 PM »
So this is just a light hearted game about the things that may be a little difficult to say around other people due to the fact that they LOVE something and you just don't care for it.

Please try not to directly offend anyone with your unpopular opinions and replies this isn't supposed to be an insulting thread at all. Similarly, if someone dislikes something you love, don't take offense.

Game rules:
-Someone says something they dislike and why (ex: I don't like pinkie pie because she's loud and talks too much)

-The next person gives them a reason why they should give it a second chance. (ex: Pinkie pie's comedy moments completely make up for her chatterbox nature)

-Try to apply your reply to the person above however where that is not applicable, feel free to reply to someone else or leave it out altogether.

Here's mine: Arrested Development is not funny. It may be because i don't "get" it but the characters frustrate me endlessly - they are all un-relatable and frustratingly dimwitted.

So, tell us your Unpopular Opinions!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:14:26 PM by Hexi »

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Opinion Time!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
My husband watches Arrested Development and although I have only seen a couple of them, I do find them funny. That's just my humor though.

I don't care about Twilight. I can't get into the books, the movies have horrible acting! Just...bleh!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 02:29:50 PM »
Twilight isn't about good acting, it's about Taylor Lautner's abs and jean shorts. Now go back and look again.

I can't stand Bob Marley--his music's too slow, and I am just not into it. I would merely dislike his music, but the fact that everyone else seems to love it drives me insane!

kaninchen

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »
bob marley was very much of a particular moment and a particular place. it isn't his fault his music and culture were co-opted by black light poster loving white kids happy to ignore the culture of poverty ;) (...that's the best I've got. I'm not much of a fan either.)

...i really don't like Firefly. and i've tried. twice. the whole season. the characters are one dimensional and the plots stale and worn sci-fi. but everyone else loves it so, perhaps there's somethif wrong with me.

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 03:08:37 PM »
Firefly has a very charming appeal of a spaghetti western but in space.  I think it's worth watching if you have an appreciation for such things.  It's rather reminiscent on scifi books from the 60's and 70's.

I really dislike Disney Channel's live action tv shows.  All the adults are bumbling idiots and the kids are super clever and far better dressed than a kid their age is actually going to be.  Too fantasy for me to enjoy.  Even when I was that age!
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 04:07:58 PM »
*wanders in, reads, leaves some drinks and wanders out again*
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 04:11:32 PM »
*grabs a pink sparkle juice from Diamond's drinks*

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »
Disney Channel live action shows allows kids to view a fantasy world where the kids are in control and smarter than adults.  Most kids have no authority, so it is fun to see other kids taking on more important roles.  Thank god it's pure fantasy:).

I don't like reality singing shows like American Idol or The Voice.  To me, they are over-produced and all the singers sound the same.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 05:45:32 PM »
Reality shows like that are an opportunity for someone who otherwise probably wouldn't have be discovered to make it into the spotlight.  They are advancing for the careers of all involved.  So even though they are a media circus it can be a guilty pressure to root for the people who strike your fancy.

Some of the image building media promote obesity by saying it's ok to be unhealthy overweight on the grounds of loving yourself as you are, rather than focusing on being a solid healthy weight for your height/build/metabolism.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Sandra

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 06:06:38 PM »
It is still possible to be overweight and have a healthy body, like heart health, blood pressure, etc. Besides, accepting yourself is an important part of being healthy as well. One can argue that having a positive attitude about yourself can then lead you to care more about your body, and can result in you making a healthier lifestyle change to better yourself for your own sake, not because somebody else thinks you should.

I think kids these days are being too "babied." Parents shelter their kids from too much, to the point where it's becoming a little excessive. I watched violent movies, played gorey video games (Mortal Kombat, anyone?), and heard offensive language, and I turned out just fine. Kids can't be shielded from every bad little thing out there, and its unrealistic to try to raise them as such. They will be exposed to it eventually anyway.

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 06:13:42 PM »
I try really hard not to baby my "baby" too much, but at the same time I wish that she could go forever without having to know that terrible things happen and terrible people exist. If she could live her whole life knowing only love and kindness. (that being said, at this point I only really try and shield her from stupidity and vanity.)

I don't like "pop culture." I think it's shallow and uninteresting and if something is too popular I try to ignore it completely. Occasionally I miss out on some good stuff that way.

Reiya

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »
Sometimes it is just fun to go along with a silly trend just so you can look back in a few years and laugh at yourself. Pop culture isn't necessarily about what a person really likes, it's about a group of people coming together to have fun.

I really don't care for math. (boo calculus!) I find it tedious and difficult to understand.

SparklersOasis

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »
*crickets*

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 08:41:52 PM »
Math can be kinda cathartic--it's nice to study something that just makes sense, and then apply it (though maybe not in the real world sometimes).

I hate clowns... I don't think they're scary, but whenever I see them, I feel embarrassed for them. Like someone telling a joke everyone thinks is stupid.

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 11:44:37 PM »
Everyone has their own personal taste in humour. Some people find clowns funny and are cheered up by them. Some children love them for their jokes/stunts and, sometimes, balloon giveaways (lol). So they are appreciated by some. Wearing silly costumes and makeup takes a lot of courage, so you could appreciate that they are really brave! And, I bet there are some clowns who choose such a career because they really want to make a kid smile.

I don't get the appeal of sports on TV. All you see are small figures chasing a ball or puck etc. on the screen and it's hard to keep up with the fast paced action/movements. Plus I don't think athletes should get paid millions for doing what they do compared to, say, a teacher or doctor who helps lives. (I do however respect athletes for their talent and do think sports can be a career)

(Edited because my original post was similar to another response :blush:)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:26:23 AM by Cadence »
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal