collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinion Time!  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: Unpopular Opinion Time!
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2013, 07:47:20 PM »
I think Dan Savage should not be as respected as he is. He claims to represent the LGBT movement, but has made many transphobic remarks in his column, and has repeatedly say that bisexuals are not worth getting into a relationship with because we are apparently incapable of having a meaningful relationship with anyone.

I like Dan at times. I know he's made transphobic remarks, but they were years ago.. I don't think he's made any since? I'm not sure. I just listen to his show for the callers.

I think Big Bang Theory and half of CBS are the worst programming ever.

^ Have to agree 100%. PASS. Someone do this one. :P
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »

I think Big Bang Theory and half of CBS are the worst programming ever.  Big Bang Theory not funny and degrades women. But my family watches it LOL.

There are millions of people who find the Big Bang Theory hilarious. It wouldn't be on the air for 6 seasons straight if it wasn't loved by many people. Also, I think a lot of people can relate to the nerdy characters. A lot of collectors and comic book fans are seen as "nerds" by the general public. This show caters directly to those people by including things they enjoy (I.e. Star Wars, Star Trek, superheroes, etc).

Unpopular opinion: I dislike the Kasdashians and don't believe that their lives warrant the amount of tv shows they've had. They are a bad example for the youth of America.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2013, 02:05:03 AM »
I too find the Big Bang Theory absolutely hilarious! ^.^

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2013, 08:43:33 AM »
I too find the Big Bang Theory absolutely hilarious! ^.^

Me too  ^.^  I have all the seasons. And don't really see how it degrades women...

kirei_na_sakura

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »
Can't help ya on the Kardashians- I agree whole heartedly!

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2013, 03:15:45 PM »
I agree on the Kardashians topic and I don't even watch it, but here:

Maybe there are people out there who live terrible lives and want to get away from their own life by watching someone else make stupid decisions too... Like a soap opera maybe? Or there are people who live terribly boring but fine lives who need the spice and this is free/cheaper than the movies. Perhaps someone who has a rough day a work (even more than one a week) just needs something mindlessly ridiculous to mellow/relax to and then get up and go about their lives refreshed.

I didn't read every page, so if this has been discussed, feel free to skip/move on:

Why do people feel that they are inclined to have things their way all the time? Sometimes life is not all about you, how you feel, what happened to you, or how you want things to be. Why did your parents raise you to feel so self-centered? What do you think gives you the right to be the center of the universe?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:57:35 AM by Rad »
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2013, 12:14:44 AM »
Things are not always as they appear. Maybe it's the exact opposite. Perhaps this person comes from a big family where they always had to make compromises and they just want to see what it's like to not have to settle anymore. Or perhaps they have a lot of responsibilities at home, such as caring for a sick relative, and they just need a place to be able to vent their everyday frustrations. Maybe the person was neglected or abused and their behavior is merely an attempt at feeling important, wanted, or needed. There are all kinds of psychological reasons that people act the way they do, they may not all be clear to us, but there is always a reason.

I don't understand why some people choose to be ignorant. I don't mind when people disagree with me, we all have our own opinions. Having a good healthy debate is fine, I actually love playing devil's advocate. But that only works when both people have educated opinions. I just don't understand why some people actually choose to be uninformed. They just tune out or turn a blind eye, they don't want to know the facts, they don't want to know what's going on. Why?

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2013, 06:44:51 AM »
Sometimes ignorance is bliss. I choose not to watch the news or read the newspaper. I find I have so much less stress as a result. I know a massive amount about things that are important to me and tune the rest out totally. It's wonderful! I also choose not to debate. :D

My vastly unpopular opinion is that I don't get popular television. Seems like a 30 minute waste of time to me. I could be learning something, teaching something, doing something that makes an impact. I greatly dislike sitting and watching without purpose. It makes me feel antsy. I'd rather waste my time here, facebook or the other forums I frequent!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2013, 08:04:21 AM »
I totally feel the same, so I can't argue against that one, sorry!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal