collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinion Time!  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Opinion Time!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 05:15:33 PM »
I think a lot of people watch sports on TV as something of a family activity.  It's like the  fun of going to the game without the expense.  Additionally, some sports players do a lot of good in the community.  I know that my towns baseball team and hockey team do a lot of charity events, which without their celebrity and money, perhaps they wouldn't be able to do  (I do agree, however, that many of the players are payed too much, especially when compared to people like teachers, and especially the players who don't use their position to give back to the community).

I hate beer.  All beer.  I'm a geologist, beer is supposed to be my lifeblood.  But I hate it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 07:43:35 PM »
I'm not big on beer either (the only one I will drink is Shock Top), but it does have significance in some cultures and when done right it can be kind of okay. The process of the brewery can turn out other tastier drinks such as ciders and ales, so it basically all comes down to finding one that suits your personal tastes.

I hate ketchup. Good gracious, do I hate ketchup. I hate the smell. I hate the taste. It's got that pukey sweet smell which shouldn't exist in a tomato product. Which is another thing, people try to convince me that I should love ketchup because I love tomatoes, but ketchup is only like 1% tomato juice and 99% sugar and malt and red dye #5. It's just a smelly chemical product and I work at a restaurant, so it occasionally ends up on my skin and clothes. Ew ew ew.

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 08:16:59 PM »
 I used to love ketchup but now I've kinda stopped using it for the very reasons you listed. However you can use ketchup for a base in other fixings and what not example- Curry ketchup is great! all you have to do is add a little bit of curry powder and it cuts down on a lot of a sweetness in ketchup. Also you might try organic ketchup it has fewer sweeteners in it and has more tomatoes.

And while were talking about foods we don't care for....I can't stand lettuce, or cabbage. I like just about every other green leafy thing ( yes even spinach) but I can't bring my self to eat lettuce or cabbage or anything made from those veggies.     

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »
Lettuce and other green vegetables have lots of vitamins that people truly need, with all the chemical processed junk in our food.  I admit I would rather have kale chips any day than iceberg lettuce though! 

Hmmmm...  I believe that our civilization should really focus on sustainability rather than profit and short-term benefits.  Cut all this crap about spending money and profit and marketing and what's trendy... can we please go back to people making things and doing service in their communities? 
Okay, making $5 million a year is nice.. but really?  I bet you have paid for your house, your car, your gym/golf membership, your weekly restaurant trips, your education, and all of these things for your family as well.  Really what the *bleeeeeeeeeeep!* are you going to do with the rest of that money?  Spend it on frivolous re-designs for the kitchen when the family just a neighborhood over is having to choose between hungry mouths or a place to rent for another month?  I just don't believe we need to keep increasing the numbers!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »
This game is hard because several of these unpopular opinions I sort of agree with. Lol
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 10:06:50 PM »
Not all rich people spend money on frivolous things. In fact, a lot of wealthy people budget their money very well so that they can live comfortably for the rest of their lives. Also, most wealthy people have worked hard for their money and a lot of them donate to charities. It's a little unfair to tell someone that they can't have the money they earned.

I really dislike Rihanna and what she stands for. In my eyes, she basically tells women that its okay to be abused by a man.

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 01:03:53 PM »
Society should have common sense that it is not ok for a woman to be abused by a man. Rihanna's music is pretty good because the lyrics to some of her songs (Songs like: Please Don't Stop the Music & Diamonds) are fun and catchy.

I believe that children should be allowed to be immature and just act like children instead of being forced to grow up early. An example is that I was babysitting my nephew and his friend a few weeks ago (just a note that they are 8 years old) and both of them already were obcessed with their cellphones. Another example is that while I was out running some errands, some girls (who were probably only 9-10 years old) were whining over how their parents wouldn't let them buy or wear a ton of makeup or let them start dating.  :shocked: I did not get my first cellphone until I was 12 and I didn't even think about make up or dating until I was in high school. parents really need to set limits for their kids these days.... :huh:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 03:11:26 PM »
It's hard to bring a defense to that, but the one thing I will say is that parents are really the only ones who can decide what's suitable for each individual child.  There are some children that I've encountered who would not abuse the privilege of having a smart phone ... few and far between, but you do have to consider the child as an individual in some occasions.

I don't understand people who get so riled up over a story where a dog is killed, and then turn around and eat a hamburger.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 03:31:28 PM »
I think that there is nothing wrong with little girls wanting to wear makeup (or even boys cause gender restrictions are bogus) if they just want to be colorful and sparkly and are not doing it just because other people do. Most kids do not want to wear the type of mature understated makeup that adults do. As for the cell phones most of the phones out now play games and I think most kids that want them want them to play games. My sister never showed any interest in cell phones til I got my iPhone.

As for Rhianna I don't think what she did is so bad. If someone has problems and honestly tries to get help they deserve another chance. I don't believe most abusers really want to hurt the ones they love they just don't know how to handle their emotions.

I don't like realistic modern war first person shooters all that much. I like the style of gameplay but I can't stand that kind of aesthetic. I prefer things that are a little cartoony like TF2 or sci fi themed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:36:51 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 04:20:43 PM »
MY REPLY: Well, I don't like FPSs like that too... so... hm... They are usually the most advanced in graphics and can be credited for advance in that aspect of gaming... I guess...

MY UNPOPULAR OPINION: I think art* is overrated. I like to draw, but I do just "pretty pictures" or "eye candy". I don't know if it's just language differences (English is my second language), but I'm annoyed when people on, for example, deviantart have galleries full of OCs on transparent backgrounds and call that art and report everyone who reposts it on tumblr. I think that people who are into "real art" are full of crap because they all repeat the same facts you can read in any art textbook for high school. Same goes for most of the "modern artists". I don't think Mona Lisa is anything special (well it wasn't until it got media attention in the 60s). I think Andy Warhol is boring.

*By art I mean literature, music and visual art.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »
Art is all about what you get out of it, not what a textbook or a teacher says. If it's not your thing, browse until you find your thing. It may not be the big mainstream art; heck you could find your passion in weaving tea cozies out of spider silk, as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. And if in the end you don't find anything, that's okay too.

My unpopular opinion: I don't like Doctor Who. Tried a few episodes, got bored, gave up. Every single fan I've talked to says I watched "the wrong episode" and then names the "right episodes." ... which another fan had already told me were the "wrong episodes." I don't really like time travel to begin with so that doesn't really help.

Duster reference]

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »
I love the interesting characters on Doctor Who, even if the plotlines lately are a bit weak. River, Madame Vastra, and Jenny all deserve their own spinoff.

I can't stand the show Sherlock. The characters are all insufferable in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:53:56 PM by Shiromisa »

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013, 03:02:30 PM »
I love Benedict Cumberbatch's portrayal of Sherlock.  Though I can understand why some might not like the show, I think Cumberbatch was a perfect choice for the role.

I can't handle being around children.  I can tolerate those in my family, like my niece and nephew, but only for short periods of time.  I never want to have children of my own, let alone be around other people's kids.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013, 04:52:57 AM »
I feel largely the same, Star Dapple.  I don't like most small children besides my own. 

I'm going to repost mine since it got overlooked.  It's not going to be popular:  I don't understand people who get so riled up over a story where a dog/cat is killed, and then turn around and eat a hamburger like it's no big deal.  That's just me, though.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2013, 05:39:56 AM »
Well, my case is a little different than most people I think, but I will give my opinion.  I live on a farm where we raise beef for our own meat.  Our cows are very well treated.  They are seen regularly by the vet, they don't live in tiny pens their entire lives (they get to roam over 60 acres of both grassland and woods), and they aren't fed and injected with tons of chemicals and antibiotics.  Yes, we do eventually eat some of them, but I view it as part of the cycle of life.  Humans are omnivores, and we need both plants and animals to be healthy (I especially need meat for certain medical reasons).  Some people choose to be vegetarians, and that is completely ok, but some people do need meat and I think as long as the animals are humanely raised and slaughtered and the meat properly cleaned and shipped, there isn't anything wrong with meat consumption.

My unpopular opinion: I think partying and getting drunk as a form of "fun" is stupid and a waste of time and money.  Especially for college kids who should be saving their money as much as possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal