collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Made You Loose Interest?  (Read 2839 times)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: What Made You Loose Interest?
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2013, 06:07:07 AM »
I've been through depression lately, which has slowed down my interest and collecting.

However, I'm climbing back up the hill and ready to restart!

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2013, 06:16:01 AM »
I've never lost interest but I have gone through periods of time where I'm not as active about acquiring new ponies.  So many people around me know I collect and keep an eye out for me that even when I'm not actively collecting I still have plenty of ponies coming my way.  :big grin: I have almost completed my G1 collection and am 90% complete with G3s so the ponies they find keep my trade bins full.  :P I don't ever see myself stopping collecting, I love it too much!  Every time I achieve a goal I move on to the next one and I still have lots of goals left!

Offline Vixenfur

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • Take a Step and Fall into the Glitter
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »
I found a new interest of anime and all of my time and money went into cosplay and anime cons. I stopped collecting at around age 10. I'm still not back into collecting, but that's only because I haven't found anything I want right now. I have every pony I want to have, and I have no interest in G4 in terms of figures, so I'm simply sitting back and watching the old shows and enjoying the past.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2013, 05:49:35 PM »
I originally stopped as a kid when I thought I was too old for ponies, and let my mom give away my childhood collection. Then I went through a period where I bought 6-7 G3's while they were in stores, just for the novelty of them. I really started collecting again in January 2012 when I discovered G4's and the Arena. Since, then, I've only taken short breaks from collecting, either because I'm focusing on one of my other collections (like Monster High, video games, Pops, or makeup), or because financial difficulties at the time didn't allow me to buy much of anything other than essentials, like when my car was having serious issues and I was saving to move out a few months ago.

Right now I\m living in a happy place, and slowly adding to all of my collections, while still paying bills on time, without going completely crazy over one thing and sending myself into the poorhouse. I hope I can stay like this for a long while.  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »
I never really lost interest in ponies. However, I recently took about a year off from actively collecting. The break was mostly because i was low on funds and i just couldn't justify spending on my collection.  Also I was getting a little overwhelmed.  I downsized my collection to make it more manageable and I am happier with it now. 

I am slowly starting to collect again. Mostly for now I'm just buying ponies I really wanted but couldn't track down before and ponies I sold and regretted.

Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Shimmer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2013, 07:19:36 AM »
Lack of space and resenting the toy line in recent years with lack of quality (if they had been as cheap here as in the US it might not have upset me as much) the general lack of focus on Hasbros end and their obsession with princesses, pink and purple.

I do want to buy older generations but I need to clean out stuff before that happens.
I've also had some serious weird dreams about pony hunting recently :yikes:

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2013, 07:30:59 AM »
I am seriously losing interest in blind bags. Just make those figures brushable size already!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2013, 08:02:25 AM »
I faffled off during the G3.5 time...that was awful.
Though, I haven't bought any new release ponies since Lyra and Trixie
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2013, 12:26:46 PM »
Bore 7 was the first time I stopped. Now G4s have made me stop once again. :P

I still collect G1s but, not actively.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

CupcakePony

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2013, 01:24:55 AM »
I have most of the ponies I want except for the sea ones.  For me the ponies from the early to mid-1980s were the best.  Their hair was much thicker than the ones in the recent anniversary sets and their body shapes, faces, & poses seemed nicer.  There's just too many of them and I don't have the space.  Have to keep tabs on the spending too but I do treat myself every once in a while to one.  What's up with the villains?  Ponyland should be a safe and happy place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2013, 01:44:01 AM »
I have recently started 'collecting' again, never stopped buying them on fleamarkets and such. My box was being over run by ponies so now I guess I'm collecting again. Started being active on the arena again. Used to be very actively collecting G1's, never was into G2's, tried keeping up with G3 but failed horribly. Seriously not interested in the G4's.
My entire collection is still boxed up in the attic though, maybe I should consider selling all my nirvanas for my 'finally buying a house' fund. Sad thing is I don't remember which pony I have and which I don't. I have an entire Frenchie and Italian army though
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Cherokie-chan

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2013, 09:30:47 AM »
For me it was a combination of becoming disenchanted with the later G1 designs and growing "too old" for ponies when I hit 12 or 13.  I bought the odd pony here or there in the last few years of G1, but I was developing other interests on which to spend my allowance and wasn't too heartbroken when I stopped seeing ponies in the stores altogether.  I was a little surprised to see the later gens a few years after that, but had no interest in buying any.  I'm still not totally sold on the G4 line and probably won't be collecting them.

Discovering this board actually rekindled my interest in collecting G1s, and I've added quite a few to my hoard - but I'm also clearing out some of my collection and getting ready to sell off my playsets, just because they take up a lot of room.

Once I get into a living situation where I have more space to spread out, I wouldn't mind expanding my collections more - all of them, not just ponies - but for now I think I need to focus on saving up so I can actually get to that new living situation and lay off the collecting for a while.  :P

flyawayraven

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2013, 09:39:21 AM »
Money. I'd be back into the full-swing of collecting again but I can't really justify spending $20 on a G1 right now.

Now that I've found a few sources of blind bags in my area, I try and grab a few when I can as that satisfies the pony urge. I'm hoping that once my fiancee gets a job I'll be able to start buying again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal