collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Made You Loose Interest?  (Read 2837 times)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
Re: What Made You Loose Interest?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 11:10:16 PM »
I should probably mention that there is a second reason: Some nutcase claimed that he's going to marry Twilight Sparkle. Now, to me, this is a repeat of "The Stanman Incident" you've probably heard me mention so much about but refuse to elaborate, except that the previous case was with regards to Bijou and some nutcase named Stanman. Firstly, my experience with The Stanman Incident shows that I am powerless against people like him. Secondly, well, the local environment has become hostile- the government banned Erykah Badu over a stupid little temporary tattoo in the name of their religion. What's to say that they won't ban MLP because "Lusting another man's wife is bad" in the same sadistic name if they should find out about this incident? That nutcase was going to have papers signed and all. Hence the decision to stop thenforth before things go completely out of hand.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:14:59 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2013, 11:17:40 PM »
LOVED the G1s, but of course couldn't buy any more when the line ended. Was slightly interested in the G2s, but told myself I was "too old for ponies" :P Completely fell in love with G3s when stocking the toy aisle at K-Mart. Kept telling myself that I didn't need them, but broke down and bought Fluttershy and Strawberry Swirl and it exploded after that :lol: I discovered ebay and was able to get the G1s I always wanted!

Then the core 7 happened... Made me completely lose interest in ponies. Got back into ponies off and on after that, but then my friend found a ton of G1s for me at the yard sale and got bit by the collecting bug again! Then went through a period in my life of, "what's the point? Why do I have all this stuff?" and sold a bunch of my ponies, some of which I regret. Then I found G4 and it hooked me in when I watched the show and have been going on strong since then ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 12:10:26 AM »
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Sokkis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »
Nothing :) I am still here.
This. I'm only having "dry seasons", when I'm not buying ponies or do anything with them. In those times ponies just are in their display cabinet and it's almost like I don't see them. But those times have lasted only 6 months tops. :)
When it comes to collecting, I'm always thinking about my financial situation first before buying ponies. That's why I don't buy ponies that often, everything else must come first since I'm a single mom living in my own house. But still, I enjoy my collection. ^.^

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 12:40:34 AM »
Core-7.. really all hasbro did is release the SAME 7 ponies in the SAME pose over and over and over again... *grumble*

and then after that they made them all bobbleheaded creepy looking cunk legged monstrosities (G3.5) and STILL the same 7 ponies!

I got interested again when G4 came out.. but I never stopped collecting, I just went after G1 and a few G3 I was missing at the time.
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2013, 12:55:59 AM »
I never really lost interest, but I go on and off occasionally. I only have around 30-35 ponies (most of them from childhood and 10 that I bought later). I'm not interested in getting a huge army, mostly because of space even though there is a lot of ponies that I really would want as I think they are gorgeous! But instead I collect puffy stickers and backcards :) And even though I haven't bought a pony in years, I still look for puffies and backies and other merchandise that I like!

I never really get disinterested because of the newer ponies thats coming out (G3 or G4) as I'm not into those at all - to me MLP is really all about the G1s and to be completely honest mostly the first years   :blush:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:58:45 AM by katrine2309 »
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 07:19:47 AM »
I still collect but not frequently. Only when the mood strikes me will I snag a Pinkie Pie from the shelf at the store. I always buy ponies I find in thrift shops, and pony related items. I think it's because I've grown into different interests, like reading and writing, so sometimes my mind focuses on that for awhile. I buy books a little more, and I'm blogging more, but I still love collecting ponies and some of my other favorite childhood toys. :) I think that will never change, just the frequency of it.

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2013, 07:25:33 AM »
For me it was some unfortunate issues with my medication that caused my depression to spiral waaaaay out of control for a little while.. I'm doing alright now, though, at least, for the most part. I'm hoping to get back into collecting over the summer :)
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 07:51:12 AM »
After I didn't get Lady Flutter for my birthday, and my "friend" bought the only one I'd ever seen. It broke my heart:(

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2013, 12:10:16 PM »
Nothing :) I am still here.

Me too.  :)

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2013, 12:32:38 PM »
During G3, I was in college and poor, only able to afford an occasional pony. Then graduated from grad school, and stopped collecting for awhile (though I worked next to toys r us!), so I started collecting out of necessity. Also stopped being able to find ponies in my hometown. Moved up to Ohio, got a job, was able to collect again.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline scarletmoon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+50)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mexican pony lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »
Uhm I think my job took a lot of time, and when im not working i need money so i have to sell them, eventually i do like to collect some.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2013, 04:31:25 AM »
*looks at pony room*

I haven't :D that's why I'm here!

Yup. I don't count my childhood collection as "collecting" since I was really playing with them then so I don't count the break between childhood and adulthood collecting as a break. (Does that make sense?). I've been collecting without a break since I started my adult collection in 1997.

I'm a pretty laid back collector though. I just ignore whatever I don't like. Why get all worked up over something that's supposed to be making me happy?  Core 7?  Whatever, I'll just buy more G1s. ;P

Elf

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2013, 05:34:32 AM »
I'm a pretty laid back collector though. I just ignore whatever I don't like. Why get all worked up over something that's supposed to be making me happy?  Core 7?  Whatever, I'll just buy more G1s. ;P
I completely agree!  ^.^

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2013, 06:01:51 AM »
Core 7?  Whatever, I'll just buy more G1s. ;P

So true!
I have been collecting without break since 2005. Don't plan on ever stopping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal