collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Made You Loose Interest?  (Read 2840 times)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
Re: What Made You Loose Interest?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 07:40:49 AM »

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 07:53:32 AM »
When Hasbro decided to keep re-releasing the same ponies over and over in the sets.

If I want Luna, I want to buy Luna without having to buy ANOTHER Pinkie Pie.

It's just the same pony over and over and over recolored. No effort put into any poses.

Nightmare moon, Chrysalis, Celestia and cadence are all the same horse in the same pose which is okay, but they didn't even take the time to make a new mold without the raised patterns on the hooves!

there is barely any variation in the hair on the ponies. They all have long straight hair. No bangs.

The coolest ponies are only available in sets starting at 45 dollars.

Only one boy pony was released and they put it in a package where you have to buy an entire playset to get him.

Also, my introduction to Monster High completely took me away from ponies.

I still love G1. Nothing will come between me and my G1s!

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 08:00:40 AM »
I have never completely gone off ponies but I go through phases... right now I am going through one where I can't justify buying new ponies when I need to start saving up money for my future. I am even debating selling some of my collection, something which has never even entered my head before.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 08:12:57 AM »
When life in general gets too busy for them... I go through short spurts where I just get pony burnout...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ginaiam

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 08:19:06 AM »
I lost interest because I got tired of the ongoing high school drama on the forums as well as having 500+ g1 pony toys and not finding anything new in the collection to add that motivated me. So I sold most of my collection to get other things, from a tv, to a sofa, a wii, makeup,clothes and etc. the decrease in value of toys were quite discouraging as well, so I felt if I ever wanted out with at least some investment, I should do it soon.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 08:26:26 AM »
I've never completely stopped, but I have had moments when I've slowed down drastically. Such as right now. Because -
When Hasbro decided to keep re-releasing the same ponies over and over in the sets.

If I want Luna, I want to buy Luna without having to buy ANOTHER Pinkie Pie.

It's just the same pony over and over and over recolored. No effort put into any poses.

Nightmare moon, Chrysalis, Celestia and cadence are all the same horse in the same pose which is okay, but they didn't even take the time to make a new mold without the raised patterns on the hooves!

there is barely any variation in the hair on the ponies. They all have long straight hair. No bangs.

The coolest ponies are only available in sets starting at 45 dollars.

Only one boy pony was released and they put it in a package where you have to buy an entire playset to get him.
This.

And also, maybe it's just me, but the UK seem to be really, really slow and seems to skip some of the best sets and merch in general (TRU favorites, etc.). Seeing Pinkie Pie all the time, especially so many times on discount, really gets on my nerves.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 09:18:35 AM »
I lost interest in collecting when I got overwhelmed by seeing my collection. So I am purging and keeping favorites

I stay around because I like ponies. And there are a handful I still want.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 10:02:35 AM »
I have never lost interest in collecting. I can't imagine I would! I'm not that type of a person who changes their mind  :biggrin: Collecting doesn't mean buying something new all the time to me though. I enjoy seeing MLP pics, learning new info, rearranging my pony display, styling their hair, rehairing etc just as much.
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 10:15:40 AM »
I hate to say it but I lost interest after dating a brony. Then with the show catering to the new fanbase I've really just lost all interest in gen 4. I still collect g1 and my g3s I see as complete. Plus with a new gen my display was getting far too big and its become overwhelming so I've been downsizing
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 10:21:13 AM »
Mine was last year, it wasn't that I lost interest, it was just that not having a lot of disposable money (I don't work, I'm a student in college!) so when I fell in love with MH dolls, MLP took a back seat, but I soon lost any care for MH dolls, and now I am back to ponies. Of course, still difficult to fund the ponies, but what I do have, I love trading! :)

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 02:53:48 PM »
Well, the answer for me is trivial.

Attempting to sync the toyline to FIM.

I have lost all respect for FIM after they listened to the bronies, derailed and inserted more villains and shifting away from slice-of-life from season 2 on. It doesn't work for me, but I was willing to still collect the toys. Now they want to release the villains in toy form as well. I'm sorry, but no. I stand by my word that if the villains are introduced to the toys, I stop collecting. It's a tough decision, but the entire franchise no longer fits my principles anymore.

Wow Ram, you sure have tough morals for ponies! lol

For me, it's mostly due to an uneven and unstable life. I've been trying to move out of my parents, and money and space suddenly becomes a massive issue, and ponies need to take a backseat. Once I'm more settled, ponies start coming back into my life again. Even then, i do not stop completely. I just take things VERY SLOW and whenever and ONLY when it is convenient to get the ones I want badly.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 02:39:29 AM »
I rarely buy ponies, but that's because I have to save up my pocket money for (almost) everything so I have to choose wisely. I don't see it as a bad thing though.
I only lost interest in G4 because the quality of the toys is awful. There are a lot of cute ponies, but I'm afraid they will soon have (even more) mismatching heads and bodies because of different materials. Pose and mold variety practically doesn't exist. Twilight's and Rarity's eyes look terrible, but maybe that's just my taste. Their symbols, cutie marks, are just on one side so it's a problem for display. BB aren't even worth mentioning. FSs are good though, but again, all are in the same pose.

Sorry for all the complaining  :huh:

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »
getting 2 very expensive nirvana's  only to find one was a rehair and the other was full of mold (I loathe cleaning ponies) it put me off buying pricey ponies thats for sure but I am still not put off ponies as a whole

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »
*looks at pony room*

I haven't :D that's why I'm here!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 03:30:13 PM »
I had mine put away in the attic for safekeeping and life happened, one day we were cleaning out the attic and I found the site ghost of the doll, and eventually found this place. That is what rekindled the fire to start collecting them again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal