collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney dolls discussion!  (Read 85418 times)

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Disney dolls discussion!
« Reply #1125 on: January 13, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »

ALSO. Anyone with the Classic Anna unboxed: have you cut the ties holding her hair to her cape? How did you manage it without damaging either? I really want to be able to adjust her hair/have her try on different clothes, but I can't figure this out. :/ Any advice?

VERY CAREFULLY and with tiny scissors meant for trimming fingernails! And even then I was barely able to do it. One braid does have half of one of the plastic tags in it still; I wouldn't have been able to get it out without undoing the braid. You can't see it though. The braid kinda...consumed it. I hate how many stupid little tabs and tags they stick in their dolls though! They leave holes in the clothing that are totally obvious. Not to mention they're a huge pain to get out. I also ended up with a few dolls with plastic tabs sticking out of the back of their heads where they were attached to the box, that I had to poke back into their heads.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 13, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »
Not really a doll thing but it is Disney princess thing. Seen it on Facebook and had to share with you guys.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 13, 2014, 12:39:02 PM »
So I just wanted to give you guys an update on my shipping issue, in case anyone else runs into the same problem. (I was the one who was in too much of a rush to place my order for LE Elsa before she sold out that I didn't notice you needed a code for the free shipping deal.)

I knew I wouldn't be able to call the next day because of work, so I sent customer support an email. They sent me a polite email back saying that I was out of luck.

I figured their call center wouldn't be open on weekends, so I didn't try actually calling them until today. The woman I spoke with said that they couldn't reverse the shipping charge because the order was already processed. (Even though the doll isn't released for another 2 or 3 months...) and that they changed their policy so they can't offer gift cards or refunds after the fact anymore. But then she said as a one-time thing, I could have a $10 gift card e-mailed to me to help cover the cost of shipping. (Shipping for me was $13.) So, I'm happy enough with that. I had been feeling a little bitter about the whole thing (even though I realize it was my fault) because I've spent obscene amounts of money at the Disney Store lately, and the shipping and sales tax added 25% to the doll's cost...But we're all good now :)

So, if Mom e-mail!Customer Service doesn't give you the answer you want, ask Dad phone!Customer Service :P

Huh, I wonder why they changed their policy :blink: Maybe they're losing money on the free shipping? XD I'm glad you got a $10 gift card at least! That covers almost all of it :) And us that spend tons of money on Disney online should have free shipping for life LOL :P

Not really a doll thing but it is Disney princess thing. Seen it on Facebook and had to share with you guys.

:lmao: I was just thinking of all the other princesses when Elsa said that. They need to add Aurora and Giselle too :lol:
My Wish List

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 13, 2014, 12:44:18 PM »
LOL  I really did love Disney's little dig at itself there when she said it.

I am thoroughly convinced that elsa dolls do not exist -.- Not a one to be had anywhere, in any store!  I am tempted to get another Anna though, I kind of like the face on her retail store version. I did find a little tote with elsa on it at goodwill today though woo!

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 13, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »
And us that spend tons of money on Disney online should have free shipping for life LOL :P

I like this idea! :P

And omg SwordPony, that's the most amazing thing I've seen all day!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 13, 2014, 01:42:49 PM »

Hahahaha! I love it!!! XD
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1131 on: January 13, 2014, 01:46:02 PM »
LOL  I really did love Disney's little dig at itself there when she said it.

I really wish "We Know Better" had made it into the movie.  Along with seeing more of the little girls together and showing how close they were before the accident the whole song is a fun little 'teasing' of some of the classical Disney princess tropes.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 13, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »
Yeah I thought it was super funny and had to share.

AppleDash1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1133 on: January 13, 2014, 02:10:02 PM »
I am so excited. I went by the Disney store today and they had the series 1 Animator collection Mulan with her pet! I can't believe they had her, I have wanted her for a long time. Now the only one I still want is Kristoff.

I also got to see the Limited Edition Anna and Elsa in the store. They are so gorgeous. I especially love Elsa, that cape!

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 13, 2014, 02:14:33 PM »
Congrats on the Mulan Animator Doll with her pet! My store still has a few Auroras and Cinerellas with their pets last I checked. My store only had LE Anna on display. I hope they get Elsa soon so I can oggle over her. XD
-Bow Tie

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #1135 on: January 13, 2014, 04:06:14 PM »
Congrats on the Mulan Animator Doll with her pet! My store still has a few Auroras and Cinerellas with their pets last I checked. My store only had LE Anna on display. I hope they get Elsa soon so I can oggle over her. XD

Yes! I was wondering if any in-store photos of LE Elsa had surfaced. I've seen loads of Anna, which is awesome. I mean...I know I get to see the dolls eventually but I'm eager to see what she looks like now. Haha.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 14, 2014, 03:47:58 AM »
That's cool people are still finding the first set of Animators dolls :) I don't have any, but I heard people prefer the first set!

I got my Hans and Kristoff dolls and tiaras in today, yay! :frolic: Disney has gone crazy with the freckles though XD Why do they have to put freckles on ALL the dolls? :P They just look odd to me, especially on Hans. They're ok on Kristoff because they're very light and actually look like freckles. But poor Hans looks like he has acne :lol: I may take some acetone to them...

Did anyone else order the Art of Frozen book? I called Disney to ask why it didn't come in with the rest of the stuff and they said it would be a one to two week shipping time because I guess it's coming from a publisher or something? I couldn't understand her because she had a thick accent :blush: Did anyone else have to wait a long time to get it?

Post Merge: January 14, 2014, 03:48:52 AM

BTW, the tiaras are amazing! They're metal and very nice looking. Not like the plastic ones with the princess faces you see at the store. I recommend them for sure :biggrin:
My Wish List

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 14, 2014, 05:25:51 AM »
I keep meaning to order the art book for Frozen and just haven't gotten around to it, mostly because I keep hoping to find it in a bookstore so I don't end up running to my post office box every few days only to be met with disappointment. Patience is a virtue I suppose XD

I didn't realize that they had any metal tiaras. Which ones are they (could you share some pics?) I love Elsa's crown in the movie so if they have one of good quality, I'll cave and grab one lol.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 14, 2014, 07:05:57 AM »
I found an Elsa at JCPenney but I don't like that she isn't articulated. :(
-Bow Tie

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #1139 on: January 14, 2014, 07:14:47 AM »
I got my Hans and Kristoff dolls and tiaras in today, yay! :frolic: Disney has gone crazy with the freckles though XD Why do they have to put freckles on ALL the dolls? :P They just look odd to me, especially on Hans. They're ok on Kristoff because they're very light and actually look like freckles. But poor Hans looks like he has acne :lol: I may take some acetone to them...

Did anyone else order the Art of Frozen book? I called Disney to ask why it didn't come in with the rest of the stuff and they said it would be a one to two week shipping time because I guess it's coming from a publisher or something? I couldn't understand her because she had a thick accent :blush: Did anyone else have to wait a long time to get it?

I really like the freckles! Mainly because Anna, Elsa, Hans & Kristoff all have freckles in the movie. And freckled dolls are my favourite anyway. ;)

I'm waiting on my book but I also ordered it from Book Depository as it was cheaper for me. It looks amazing.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal