collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 37613 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #450 on: June 01, 2013, 08:48:18 AM »
In general I'm looking forward to learn more about this entire rebel/royal concept.
Apparently a royal and a rebel dating must be kept a secret (Ash and Hunter), but there doesn't seem to be some kind of hatred between the two "teams".

I sort of figured they had to keep it secret because they're not part of each other's stories. I'm not too up on my fairy tales, but I don't think Cinderella needed a huntsman.

Yeah, I was under that impression as well.

Seriously, I don't get why Ashlyn & Briar aren't rebels then.. Ash b/c of her man and Briar because.. hm, well.. suddenly falling asleep for a 100 years and then awaking to your friends, pets, family and basically everyone you knew long since passed away and having to marry the total stranger that kissed you awake isn't really THAT awesome of a fate either, no?!!? :P

You two are right. I didn't even think about that, haha!
Well, technically Raven should be a royal as well, considering she's a real princess and Cedar shouldn't be a rebel because err, doesn't she want to be a real girl? ;)

The concept really does still confuse me. I'll just have to wait until more webisodes come out ^^

But I'm all set on not buying the royal dolls until they release them with their Legacy Day attire.
I might make an exception for Apple, since I really like her colors, but the other royal girls look a bit too normal for me. Cerise, Cedar and Maddie are all a bit more "edgy" looking. And Raven's outfit goes a bit more into the "dark/goth" direction.

I can't wait to see Venus in Briar's and Ash's clothes, though ^^

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 01, 2013, 08:58:07 AM »
Well, technically Raven should be a royal as well, considering she's a real princess and Cedar shouldn't be a rebel because err, doesn't she want to be a real girl? ;)

The concept really does still confuse me. I'll just have to wait until more webisodes come out ^^

That's why I don't like the whole Royal/Rebel thing; the way they did it makes no sense. It's more like Blondes/ all other hair colors :silly: (I AM joking but it is weird when you think about it).

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #452 on: June 01, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »
So if Apple White's destiny is to get poisoned and saved by her one true love, is Raven's destiny to die horribly?  In the version of Snow White that I read, the evil queen is invited to Snow White and the prince's wedding, not knowing it's Snow White's wedding she's attending.  After the queen arrives, she recognizes Snow White but before she can escape, heated iron slippers are forced on her feet and she has to dance  around in them until she falls down dead.

Yeah, I'd probably rebel against that destiny, too. <_<

I've been really focused on this too, While this seems to be a 'verse where more happy fates are normal, it still makes it so damn creepy that Apple is dead set on having Raven fulfil her destiny. Even without having to be danced to death in white-hot iron, even the cheeriest tales require the queen's death.
Snow White is usually asleep while all the death is happening though. Maybe Apple's just a little ditzy and hasn't put two and two together. It could make for some interesting conflict later when she has to decide what's more important, her happily-ever-after or the life of her (probably soon to be) new best friend?

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #453 on: June 01, 2013, 09:59:44 AM »
Idk I'd my post got over looked or what but I'd really like to hear other people's theories on the other Grimm brother locked in the basement.

My theory is the classic sibling rivalry and has to do with the whole choose your destiny thing.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 01, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »
Idk I'd my post got over looked or what but I'd really like to hear other people's theories on the other Grimm brother locked in the basement.

My theory is the classic sibling rivalry and has to do with the whole choose your destiny thing.

Well, one brother is the headmaster and obviously the guy in charge and he likes the things to stay as they were. The other brother is locked up because he encourages change.
That's what I got out of it ^^

I like that they chose to name them "Grimm" and make them brothers because as we all know the Grimm versions are what we associate with fairy tales nowadays. They sort of cemented what versions we read most (brother #1 who is responsible for the entire school and wants things to stay in order), but many people forget that the Grimms also made changes for most of the tales they collected/printed (brother #2, who wants to support Raven in choosing her own destiny).

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #455 on: June 01, 2013, 11:09:33 AM »
Yea that's what I was saying in my original post. I think he'll escape and take over!

Post Merge: June 01, 2013, 11:13:42 AM

And this is just a thought I had, but what if the Grimm brother locked in the basement escapes, and lets everyone know they can choose their own destiny without "ceasing to exist" and everyone has their "happily ever after"  like what if headmaster Grimm wants everyone to follow in their parents footsteps and he knows his brother might convince them otherwise so he locked him up beneath the school?

I guess my point is there has to be a reason he's down there. Maybe like the classic sibling rivalry thing? Like the locked up brother is supposed to be the real headmaster and the other one wants all the power or something?
[/quote]

Here is what I originally said about it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:13:42 AM by animal_lover »

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 01, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »
Seriously, I don't get why Ashlyn & Briar aren't rebels then.. Ash b/c of her man and Briar because.. hm, well.. suddenly falling asleep for a 100 years and then awaking to your friends, pets, family and basically everyone you knew long since passed away and having to marry the total stranger that kissed you awake isn't really THAT awesome of a fate either, no?!!? :P

They're not rebels because they're not rebelling against their fate.  Even though Briar doesn't seem to really want to follow her "destiny", she's still planning on doing it.  And maybe Ashlynn will turn out to be a rebel later on, because of the relationship.  Or maybe they consider it to be a high school thing that will end when they formally accept their roles at that ceremony.

All those other trademarks.. now dropped? Noooooo-- ;-;
EAH is, for me, probably the most boring out of all of them so.. Bummer. -_-
But that's just me and I can easily see why they won.
They'll probably be an instant hit with a lot of people/little girls PLUS they have a lot of existing stories/tales to exploit and just have to give them a little twist like with MH.

All the other potential lines might have required more fantasy I guess.. but I want my robot, alien, mermaids or pirates.. mermaid-pirates, pirate-mermaids... whatever! Any would have been awesome!!!1 xD

Yeah, those other lines would have been so much more interesting and unique.  It's understandable why they chose fairy tales, but still kinda disappointing.  I hope EAH ends up being a little darker than it initially seems; hopefully they'll explore things like Cerise being a werewolf, and stuff like that.

I think there seems to be a big divide between real characters and background characters detail wise.  They are so nondescript I can't even begin to guess who they'd be.

Yeah, I noticed that too..  It's really obvious which characters are going to have a role in the show and be made into dolls.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 01, 2013, 11:16:23 AM »
*blown away!*
I really hope the translation to dolls will be as awesome as the episodes and the art. Can anyone tell if they have the same articulation as MH? :S
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 01, 2013, 11:25:12 AM »
I think there seems to be a big divide between real characters and background characters detail wise.  They are so nondescript I can't even begin to guess who they'd be.

Yeah, I noticed that too..  It's really obvious which characters are going to have a role in the show and be made into dolls.

Bo Peep's daughter has the potential to become a doll. I really hope they will consider making her into one, because she is really cute. She just screams cotton-candy :)

Maybe they'll introduce more characters as the series progresses.
But tell you what, I'm happy with the character line-up as it is right now, because they all are possibly going to be dolls and have you counted them?
MH started with six girls and a guy.
Looking at the trademarked names, this thing starts with, what, ten girls (or more) and four guys?! Someone please donate some money to me ;)

*blown away!*
I really hope the translation to dolls will be as awesome as the episodes and the art. Can anyone tell if they have the same articulation as MH? :S

From what I can tell, looking at the photos they have the same arm and leg articulation :)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 01, 2013, 11:27:30 AM »
If I dont get a Kitty Chesire doll there will be consequences  :enraged:

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 01, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »
If I dont get a Kitty Chesire doll there will be consequences  :enraged:

It just occurred to me that Kitty and Catrine De Mew share a color scheme. Swapsies! :lol:

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #461 on: June 01, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
I am prepared to answer this question a thousand times. Many fairy tale princes aren't named. Snow White's prince is just "The Prince" while Cinderella's is more known as "Prince Charming," but really, Daring and Dexter can be any prince's son.
could be, but the motto is following your parent steps  :|

Post Merge: June 01, 2013, 06:33:36 AM

I wish they get to doing a Maleficent daughter character :)

She already exists: Raven Queen.
The sorceress from Sleeping Beauty and the Evil Queen from Snow White are the exact same character trope. With Raven having magical, dark powers an additional "daughter of dark-powered female antagonist" character would be too similar.

Also, please guys, I know I'm repeating myself, but EAH isn't linked to the Disney Princess universe -.-

noooooooo!!! they shouldn't be the same!
i know it's not disney, but they have two different ends that I'm not sure how one could be part of the other past (unless magic of course). but i would really rather have them as 2 different characters. Also because then, it means there is so little evil in the world of fairy tales :(
agreed!! i totally want a malefacent character!!! they  shouldn't be the same... the two are different.
Malefacent is a witch/sorceress (and a dragon  in the disney version which is cool) first and foremost LOL not just a queen.

i think they could make her and have  her WANT to follow in her parents footsteps:)

i do thik whe was a fairy or something in the story books.. i'll have to go re read.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:32:50 AM by mistic_imp »

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 01, 2013, 11:38:29 AM »
Malificent/the left out invitee to the party was indeed a fairy. A very peeved one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 01, 2013, 11:39:20 AM »

They're not rebels because they're not rebelling against their fate.  Even though Briar doesn't seem to really want to follow her "destiny", she's still planning on doing it.  And maybe Ashlynn will turn out to be a rebel later on, because of the relationship.  Or maybe they consider it to be a high school thing that will end when they formally accept their roles at that ceremony.

Yeah, I was more thinking along the lines of why they don't want to BECOME rebels, since it's not all a cakewalk for them either, unlike Apple - Sorry for being a bit confusing about this. xD

But I guess it is mostly because they are scared and just convinced that you 'have to do what ya gotta do' - Maybe you are right and they might become revels once the story develops. It would be an interesting twist. C:

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #464 on: June 01, 2013, 11:39:56 AM »
So if Apple White's destiny is to get poisoned and saved by her one true love, is Raven's destiny to die horribly?  In the version of Snow White that I read, the evil queen is invited to Snow White and the prince's wedding, not knowing it's Snow White's wedding she's attending.  After the queen arrives, she recognizes Snow White but before she can escape, heated iron slippers are forced on her feet and she has to dance  around in them until she falls down dead.

Yeah, I'd probably rebel against that destiny, too. <_<

I've been really focused on this too, While this seems to be a 'verse where more happy fates are normal, it still makes it so damn creepy that Apple is dead set on having Raven fulfil her destiny. Even without having to be danced to death in white-hot iron, even the cheeriest tales require the queen's death.

And FYI, before the Grimms got a hold of them, The evil stepmothers were usually just their mothers.

Also isn't Raven technically Apple's aunt, with Snow White being either Raven's sister or step-sister? Am I the only one who noticed this?

yes, If snow whites mom  was the evil queen that would make snow white and raven sisters  which yes then apple would be ravens niece.

If  the evil queen was a step mom then that would make  raven like a step aunt or something. Unless she was daughter of the king in which she would still just be aunt. i think.

Post Merge: June 01, 2013, 11:40:32 AM

Malificent/the left out invitee to the party was indeed a fairy. A very peeved one.
thats it i want a pissed off fairy witch doll then LOL

Post Merge: June 01, 2013, 11:42:45 AM

thats it i want a pissed off fairy witch doll then LOL

Yeah, I was more thinking along the lines of why they don't want to BECOME rebels, since it's not all a cakewalk for them either, unlike Apple - Sorry for being a bit confusing about this. xD

But I guess it is mostly because they are scared and just convinced that you 'have to do what ya gotta do' - Maybe you are right and they might become revels once the story develops. It would be an interesting twist. C:

i think there is a BIG possiblity thats some of the royals will cross over into rebel territory.  At least it would make for a good story.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:42:45 AM by mistic_imp »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal