collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 36312 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #435 on: May 31, 2013, 10:47:27 PM »
Found the Gingerbread Man!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also, Kitty Cheshire gets some big ears for her Legacy Day outfit!

Also, I'm really glad it's confirmed that Cindy Robinson is voicing Maddie. I could hear a little Operetta in her voice. :lol: Cindy was the first person I thought of when I hear Maddie same with Erin with Raven.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:02:33 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 01, 2013, 01:52:43 AM »
Have they done a Rapunzel one?  I'm hoping they do and that she has brown hair for a change since since she never really had to have blonde hair (the Grimms just seemed to like to make them all "golden".  And golden can be interprited to be golden brown or even red).  Plus some of the oldest Rapunzel stories had her with raven black hair (she was Persian).  I've seen Rapunzel dolls, art, and books where they made her with dark hair so it's not a stretch.  All you need is the super long hair and everyone recognizes her as Rapunzel.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 01, 2013, 02:05:35 AM »
I haven't spotted a Rapunzel type yet :( Sad, I'm a big Rapunzel fan too! If they do make her into a character, I think it would be super fun to have her hair be fantasy-coloured/streaked, maybe not as crazy as Maddie's, haha, but similar idea :D
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 01, 2013, 02:26:39 AM »
All those other trademarks.. now dropped? Noooooo-- ;-;
EAH is, for me, probably the most boring out of all of them so.. Bummer. -_-
But that's just me and I can easily see why they won.
They'll probably be an instant hit with a lot of people/little girls PLUS they have a lot of existing stories/tales to exploit and just have to give them a little twist like with MH.

All the other potential lines might have required more fantasy I guess.. but I want my robot, alien, mermaids or pirates.. mermaid-pirates, pirate-mermaids... whatever! Any would have been awesome!!!1 xD

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 01, 2013, 04:02:41 AM »
Cerise/Clawdeen is my new OTP.

Clawdeen can teach her to embrace her wolfy personality and wear the Little Red Riding Wolf outfit for a partner look :lol:

Also, Kitty Cheshire gets some big ears for her Legacy Day outfit!

Wait, so that goth cutie I was pointing out earlier is Kitty? Nice!
And I didn't even spot Lizzie there in the background. I'm still all over those Legacy Day costumes! So much I might not get the royals after all. Just the rebels and later on get them all in their Legacy Day couture. Mattel, don't let me down! Legacy Day Line or else! *g*

mermaid-pirates, pirate-mermaids... whatever!

Mermaids who attract ships like sirens, then suddenly they enter, flop around on deck, throw the entire crew into the water with some whips of their tails and sail away XD
It's way too cruel for a doll line from Mattel, but I'd be into that, haha!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 01, 2013, 05:33:03 AM »
Crap, Disney is my obsession next to ponies and so the dolls that have Disney counterparts will have to be mine XD

Dexter is really obviously the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, he exhibits the same personality as the MH counter part Jekyl, and his Hyde will be his Beast form.
Beast form, or a serial killer. hyuk hyuk hyuk
*Crosses fingers* please serial killer!!!  Just kidding, beast is good too.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 01, 2013, 06:09:48 AM »
But no, in most fairy tales the Princes are not actually named. The name Prince Charming comes from them being described as charming princes. It's one of the many reasons that Sleeping Beauty is my favorite disney movie; Prince Phillip is a detailed, developed character with a name and personality. Plus Maleficent is the beest villain ever, and I love her plan of revenge. Not no happy ending, just... waiting a century or so.

I wish they get to doing a Maleficent daughter character :)

I have probably about 20 pairs of shoes, and I wear about 4 of them with any regularity. I should sell really sell them to make room for ponies.

/priorities

I had a little more, though i also used just 3 or 4, an additional pair for formal occasions, but after a sprain ankle and it subsecuently cast, I've been using tennis shoes for the last 5 months, so, what? shoes? what are they?  :huh: :cry:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:21:37 AM by nassib »

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 01, 2013, 06:22:44 AM »
But no, in most fairy tales the Princes are not actually named. The name Prince Charming comes from them being described as charming princes. It's one of the many reasons that Sleeping Beauty is my favorite disney movie; Prince Phillip is a detailed, developed character with a name and personality. Plus Maleficent is the beest villain ever, and I love her plan of revenge. Not no happy ending, just... waiting a century or so.

She already exists: Raven Queen.
The sorceress from Sleeping Beauty and the Evil Queen from Snow White are the exact same character trope. With Raven having magical, dark powers an additional "daughter of dark-powered female antagonist" character would be too similar.

Also, please guys, I know I'm repeating myself, but EAH isn't linked to the Disney Princess universe -.-

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 01, 2013, 06:22:50 AM »
I guess I'm late to the party but there's a Kitty Chessire?  How cool.  :biggrin:

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 01, 2013, 06:27:12 AM »
I am prepared to answer this question a thousand times. Many fairy tale princes aren't named. Snow White's prince is just "The Prince" while Cinderella's is more known as "Prince Charming," but really, Daring and Dexter can be any prince's son.
could be, but the motto is following your parent steps  :|

Post Merge: June 01, 2013, 06:33:36 AM

The sorceress from Sleeping Beauty and the Evil Queen from Snow White are the exact same character trope. With Raven having magical, dark powers an additional "daughter of dark-powered female antagonist" character would be too similar.

Also, please guys, I know I'm repeating myself, but EAH isn't linked to the Disney Princess universe -.-

noooooooo!!! they shouldn't be the same!
i know it's not disney, but they have two different ends that I'm not sure how one could be part of the other past (unless magic of course). but i would really rather have them as 2 different characters. Also because then, it means there is so little evil in the world of fairy tales :(
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:33:36 AM by nassib »

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 01, 2013, 07:02:00 AM »
I thought the evil queen in the Snow White tale was just a witch/sorceress who Snow White's father married (making her an evil step-mother) and the woman who cursed Sleeping Beauty was a fairy that Sleeping Beauty's parents accidentally slighted.  At least, that's how it is in the storybooks I have.  I'm sure there are a million different versions of the stories, though.  But a dark fairy girl would be amazing! 

So if Apple White's destiny is to get poisoned and saved by her one true love, is Raven's destiny to die horribly?  In the version of Snow White that I read, the evil queen is invited to Snow White and the prince's wedding, not knowing it's Snow White's wedding she's attending.  After the queen arrives, she recognizes Snow White but before she can escape, heated iron slippers are forced on her feet and she has to dance  around in them until she falls down dead.

Yeah, I'd probably rebel against that destiny, too. <_<
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:13:52 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 01, 2013, 07:07:42 AM »

Post Merge: June 01, 2013, 06:33:36 AM

noooooooo!!! they shouldn't be the same!
i know it's not disney, but they have two different ends that I'm not sure how one could be part of the other past (unless magic of course). but i would really rather have them as 2 different characters. Also because then, it means there is so little evil in the world of fairy tales :(

I know they shouldn't be so similar, but jst from a "let's sell those dolls" point of view it would take a lot to distinguish her look and "feel" from Raven :/
I really like the sorceress from Sleeping Beauty. Her story is that of revenge. Being the only one not invited to a royal ceremony was a big deal back when the story surfaced in its shape and form we know today.
The sorceress had every right to be pissed.
It was just not very nice of her to take it all out on the baby girl. She should have just zapped her parents instead ;)

I'm curious if Lizzie Hearts, the daughter of the Queen of Hearts, will be a royal or a rebel.
We could see her sitting with Blondie Lockes at one point, but she was also spotted chatting with Kitty Cheshire who is most likely a rebel.

In general I'm looking forward to learn more about this entire rebel/royal concept.
Apparently a royal and a rebel dating must be kept a secret (Ash and Hunter), but there doesn't seem to be some kind of hatred between the two "teams".
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:09:14 AM by Zapper »

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 01, 2013, 07:32:56 AM »
So if Apple White's destiny is to get poisoned and saved by her one true love, is Raven's destiny to die horribly?  In the version of Snow White that I read, the evil queen is invited to Snow White and the prince's wedding, not knowing it's Snow White's wedding she's attending.  After the queen arrives, she recognizes Snow White but before she can escape, heated iron slippers are forced on her feet and she has to dance  around in them until she falls down dead.

Yeah, I'd probably rebel against that destiny, too. <_<

I've been really focused on this too, While this seems to be a 'verse where more happy fates are normal, it still makes it so damn creepy that Apple is dead set on having Raven fulfil her destiny. Even without having to be danced to death in white-hot iron, even the cheeriest tales require the queen's death.

And FYI, before the Grimms got a hold of them, The evil stepmothers were usually just their mothers.

Also isn't Raven technically Apple's aunt, with Snow White being either Raven's sister or step-sister? Am I the only one who noticed this?

/人 ‿‿ 人\

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 01, 2013, 08:02:19 AM »
In general I'm looking forward to learn more about this entire rebel/royal concept.
Apparently a royal and a rebel dating must be kept a secret (Ash and Hunter), but there doesn't seem to be some kind of hatred between the two "teams".

I sort of figured they had to keep it secret because they're not part of each other's stories. I'm not too up on my fairy tales, but I don't think Cinderella needed a huntsman.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 01, 2013, 08:10:27 AM »

I sort of figured they had to keep it secret because they're not part of each other's stories. I'm not too up on my fairy tales, but I don't think Cinderella needed a huntsman.

Yeah, I was under that impression as well.

Seriously, I don't get why Ashlyn & Briar aren't rebels then.. Ash b/c of her man and Briar because.. hm, well.. suddenly falling asleep for a 100 years and then awaking to your friends, pets, family and basically everyone you knew long since passed away and having to marry the total stranger that kissed you awake isn't really THAT awesome of a fate either, no?!!? :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal