collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 37610 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #405 on: May 31, 2013, 12:45:50 PM »
I too am confused about nearly EVERYONE having waist-length wavy hair (Cerise seems to be the only one who doesn't?)  I thought to myself, "Well, at least Cupid has short hair" and then I looked again.  Nope.  They gave HER waist-length, wavy hair too.  What the heck. XD
The more hair for people/kids to brush and style with, I'm guessing. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 31, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »
Could someone post links or pics to the dolls?  I googled and can't find them.

Thanks in advance. :)

Bow Tie posted them on page 19 :)

Doll pictures! We've got doll pictures courtesy of tumblr!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The headsculpts might take a little getting used to, but...I love Raven already. That gorgeous purple hair!!
I hope the doll of Maddie is as cute as her animated self, too.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:49:48 PM by Flutterswirl »

Thanks to *generalzoi\'s Pony Creator at dA for my avatar!

just visiting this planet! (Phl. 3:20)

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #407 on: May 31, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »
Crap, Disney is my obsession next to ponies and so the dolls that have Disney counterparts will have to be mine XD

Dexter is really obviously the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, he exhibits the same personality as the MH counter part Jekyl, and his Hyde will be his Beast form. Also he wears the same outfit as Prince Adam in Beauty and the Beast. Now I need Belle, because favorite Princess ever.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2013, 02:19:11 PM »
Could someone post links or pics to the dolls?  I googled and can't find them.

Thanks in advance. :)

Bow Tie posted them on page 19 :)

The headsculpts might take a little getting used to, but...I love Raven already. That gorgeous purple hair!!
I hope the doll of Maddie is as cute as her animated self, too.

Thanks for posting.  Sorry it's almost 30 pages on this thread.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 31, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »
heres my reaction to ever after high
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIRw-jVgnEU

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 31, 2013, 02:38:52 PM »
Hmm. I dunno. In two minds about it, and I love fairy tales. Good idea, but one that has been used often in doll lines. The Royal/Rebel thing does mix it up a bit, not sure about the kids of the villains/oddities only being on the rebel team though. Unless someones got a list of whose on which side.

Not sure I like the moonface thing they have going on. I'd have to apply copious amounts of blusher to them.

Post Merge: May 31, 2013, 02:43:42 PM

May 10, 2012 - Ever After High was filed for trademark in the category "DOLLS, DOLL CLOTHING AND DOLL ACCESSORIES". Similar trademarks were also later made for Cosmic High, High Seas High, Luna High, and Robo High.

So..let's see. Space girls, Pirates, Moon girls (as well as Space girls?) and Robot girls? Maybe Robecca goes off there. o.O
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:43:42 PM by Yuitsu »

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 31, 2013, 02:46:02 PM »
I love the in-box face we've seen, but I love Rhini's edit, too. :) I think I'll be happy either way. Individual face sculpts is wonderful for diversity, but a lot can be done with paint, as shown by dolls like Pullip and LDDs.

angelfish

« Reply #412 on: May 31, 2013, 02:56:24 PM »
Love of shoes doesn't necessarily have to mean girly.  *looks sideways at the growing collection of cowboy boots for me....*   If I had money I think I would be much more of a clothes horse than I am.  I have a pretty large collection of jeans too. 

As for Snow White's daughter being blonde...Snow White has black hair.  This is her daughter, not Snow White herself.  Her daughter could have any hair color depending on the Prince.  He's obviously blonde as blonde is a recessive trait like blue eyes I believe.  I think they made her blonde simply because everyone expected her to be dark.  Just as Sleeping Beauty is portrayed as blonde alot of the time and here her daughter is not.  Wether we like it not, girly dolls sell.  Cloe is always the best seller of the Bratz gang.  As a general rule blondes will sell.  Even in MH who is the biggest seller it seems?  Not edgy Skelita or any of the characters we as collectors like.  No, it's Draculaura who even though she isn't blonde is very girly and pink.  I always see little girls in the MH department looking for her.  MH doesn't make Draculaura for us, she's for their target market, little girls. 

I don't mean to say all blondes are girly either, obviously IRL that's not the case...as a blonde who preferred her Star Wars toys to baby dolls as a kid..:)

About the long hair, yep, little girls love long hair on their dolls.  I remember reading in "Forever Barbie" about how the author talked to marketing people over at Mattel and they tried doing a line of AA dolls with 'natural' AA hair like afros and such and tested them with little girls.  All of the little girls, including the AA girls wanted the dolls with long waist-length hair.  Little girls really like hair play. Even the first wave MH dolls all had long waist-length hair.  That's why I cringe when I see those mums on their blogs complaining about hair length being part of the reason that MH, Barbie, Bratz etc. give little girls a poor self-image along with the skinniness.  While it's true that little girls are sexualized at an early age (an interesting and scary topic for another time) the hair thing is just not part of that.  Marketing experts do their research and know that long-hair sells on a doll.  Bottom line, parents might want dolls with different bodytypes and more natural features but little girls want dolls that are pretty.  If they're not pretty they won't play with them. 

I think the last thing to remember here is that at the end of the day Mattel wants to sell product and sell as much as they can for as much profit as they can get for as long as they can.  They're a business and they're very good at knowing what little girls like.  They are their target market not us.  The fact that MH listens to it's fans for the most part and gives us characters like Skelita and fan favorites like Heath and even Wydona is actually pretty darn cool.  So...if EAH is as popular as MH speak your minds, maybe we'll get those more ethnically/culturally diverse characters later on down the line.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:06:06 PM by angelfish »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 31, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »

'

Pretty! But they look a lot like the Disney Fairies, don't they?

I love fairy tails, I'm sure I'll have a hard time resisting the dolls  :biggrin:  Raven seems very much like Ravenwaves from LLL...

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 31, 2013, 04:12:33 PM »
May 10, 2012 - Ever After High was filed for trademark in the category "DOLLS, DOLL CLOTHING AND DOLL ACCESSORIES". Similar trademarks were also later made for Cosmic High, High Seas High, Luna High, and Robo High.

So..let's see. Space girls, Pirates, Moon girls (as well as Space girls?) and Robot girls? Maybe Robecca goes off there. o.O

Wow, I had almost forgotten about those trademarks.
I don't quite get why there's Cosmic High and Luna High. Maybe just protecting the names in case some other company wanted to create such a line?
High Seas High could also be about mermaids *g*
But Robo High? No, Mattel! Don't! Stop! NEIN.
I'm such a sucker for robots and I already have my Transformers. Please don't throw more robot characters à la Robecca at me! I will be broke :/

angelfish

« Reply #415 on: May 31, 2013, 04:22:40 PM »
Cosmic High sounds awesome.  I could do with some MH-esque aliens.  That's a line I can get behind!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 31, 2013, 04:38:40 PM »
Cosmic High sounds awesome.  I could do with some MH-esque aliens.  That's a line I can get behind!

I'd love me some aliens, but only if they'd go completely crazy with it! Not just pretty girls with huge, black almond eyes, but real creatures. That would be cool! :)

sisterskipper

« Reply #417 on: May 31, 2013, 05:20:10 PM »
I love Apple. She is so cute. I wish Rapunzel's daughter was part of this line.
I don 't put too much into their supposed character. I just love dolls
That are different. I am super excited.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #418 on: May 31, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »

Apple White reminds me a lot of this Barbie  :shocked:

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 31, 2013, 06:07:04 PM »
Three things to say:

1. I like the background people far more than most of the main girls.
2. I reserve the right to be grumpy about Apple's hair colour, and them not making it better with dark eyes (in older versions, it was her eyes that were black, and this would have been a clever nod)
3. Cerise/Clawdeen is my new OTP.

/人 ‿‿ 人\

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal