collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OK = about these venezuelans "appearing" from folks who formerly had none...  (Read 3050 times)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
hmmm... so I will start by my admitting that I do tend to agree that there is a possibility that sellers in Argentina are taking ponies - from what has been seen all CP - and changing up the symbols

here's my "snarkler" from before
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I wrote about her before if someone wants to tag the thread on that = great :-)

and I then bought from a different seller a bluebelle "sparkler" and the maybe-interesting difference (well to me) is that unlike snuzzle, the bluebelle's stencils are different on each side.

Unfortunately, when I asked the seller who claimed to be selling the inevitable "girlfriends' toys" , there was no answer other than she had no more at the moment to sell... the person is also a member over at the TP so Ive messaged to try to find out more about the "how did the girlfriend get the toy?"  Did she know someone at the factory?  Did she just get it as a childhood gift??   I just want to know about the pony = were these like "pound shop put-togethers"??  Or another company coming in with old stock that is not selling and being enterprising?? But I have not gotten any answer from my PMs. In that person's defense I will say that they are not seeming to be active participants and english is presumably a second language... still

I will just finish with I don't like it when ebay sellers who register on pony boards to post their auctions seem to then get evasive and offer up silence to some simple straightforward curiosity based questions.

So this is where I jump to the venezuela ponies

So my understanding (correct me from here if I am wrong please!) is we have discovery of a warehouse and the boxed pony phenomenon begins...

followed now it seems by what has been termed  "squeaky butts"  (gotta love how we come up with such technical terms to describe pony toys ;-) right?)

so here is my suspicion that I don't want to be a downer about the new country discovery and all that, but in an age when the local folks can talk and pretty quickly discover what the gringitas en the rest of the world - predominantly in the US, but also throughout Europe of course - will spend on these "toys", I can imagine it would raise the temptation bar a bit to makeover some fakies etc. right quick...

So do we have any pony peeps that may know if Venezuela is still selling MLP/ well the mold of that is / today?  Like the Argie frankenponies?? 

I'm also recalling that thank goodness we had a local explain how Estrella put out a promotional "susie" I think it was now two Easters ago - so while it is a hasbro mold - she's a fakie.  Same as the coloring kiddies fakies :-) and while I like the baby ponies colors and molds so I will put that out there that I'm fine with thinking $20US for cute fakie - OK it's just my opinion on what I value something - I think it good information for folks to know that there are hasbro mold fakies and these are not necessarily the same as the 80's MLP.

So again, on the one hand if folks want to spend hundreds on ponies = be my guest - the items are worth what folks are willing to spend on them ... but at the same time

now that "OOAK" vennes with hair are popping up = and this from a seller who claimed to be "out of MLP from her childhood yadda yadda..." I am once again suspicious about the origins

So I would appreciate not have a down-the-rabbit-hole conspiracy discussion, but an honest - so what do you all think?  Am I nuts to be connecting dots this way?  Maybe there aren't even dots = so tell me your thoughts

we are all trying to enjoy the phenomenon of new ponies being discovered while I would assume at the same time avoid being scammed... sorry for the harsh words, but admittedly, that is my fear if we are not educated about what is being offered

so there is my two cents = thanks for being able to get through this "novel" and I look forward to the insights offered
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:34:24 PM by maycrestmom »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
My Understanding regarding the Squeaky Butt ponies is...they were produced by another Company on the side as a toy that went inside a Pinata.  This came from Angelponies direct from information she got from Ed (dorindarules on ebay)  my guess would be another stash was found in a ware house some where in the Country.  I know the search was on for more ponies stored away after the first Boxed ponies were found.  And there were some of the Squeaky Butt ponies on ebay before the Boxed ponies showed up there.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
good point on timing - that's right, I remember when we got those odd green hairless lots as well...

yep, it makes sense that "the hunt is on" to find stuff that has been out-ted as valuable = to us :-) at least... I just am curious if it is just another warehouse discovery

Man, I want to schedule a vacation to Caracas now and go pony hunting!

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
Well i was unaware of any squeaky butts till now.. so I googled them. 3 ebay auctions, 1 mlparena post  (not this one) and I have the idea they are hairless G1 not made by Hasbro but using Hasbro mold and possible the foot stamp.

googling 'squeaky butt my little pony' for images is not recommended and will not be helpful for anyone that does not know what they are. only 3 helpful pictures the rest was well on safe mode just mlp fim stuff

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
googling 'squeaky butt my little pony' for images is not recommended

OMG, I can just imagine what popped up on that google search :lol:
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
oh dear, I hadn't thought about the unintended way a computer algorithm might develop a search... the pony community should probably re-name these poor dears ;-)

maybe just "squeakers"?

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
So, they do indeed have a hasbro stamp? How exactly do we determine if something is a fakie or a legit MLP exactly? Especailly ponies with no hoof marks. Fakies sometimes use hasbro molds.. Like those colour me babies! How exactly do you tell the difference?
Is it by finding a MIP one and researching the company who made it to see if it's affiliated with Hasbro?

Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
So, they do indeed have a hasbro stamp? How exactly do we determine if something is a fakie or a legit MLP exactly? Especailly ponies with no hoof marks. Fakies sometimes use hasbro molds.. Like those colour me babies! How exactly do you tell the difference?
Is it by finding a MIP one and researching the company who made it to see if it's affiliated with Hasbro?

Check the Nirvana Gallery
There are a number of the Squeekies MIP pictured there.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Most Nirvana packaging will have some kind of "distributed by (company name) under license from Hasbro" marking on the box or back card. That's how most ponies are confirmed as legit variant vs fakie. :bigups:

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
Most Nirvana packaging will have some kind of "distributed by (company name) under license from Hasbro" marking on the box or back card. That's how most ponies are confirmed as legit variant vs fakie. :bigups:

Oh, I though it must be something like that.
So has this been done with the squeaky butts then? They're for sure Legit?
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
to be honest - to me snarkler (and blue belle too) looks like the symbols were printed on by someone.. you just have to use acetone to get the original symbols off and you can easily carve that gem-shapes out of a potato (yeah or something more stamp-like) and ink it with not removable waterproof ink and put it on the pony.. also the symbols are missing where the pony-shape goes in and the POTATO was flat so the pony body couldnt take the ink. (sorry for my english dont know how to properly write that) :D

i once had a peachy in a lot who had no hoof marks at all but she clearly was a 08/15 peachy who had the marks removed with a soldering bolt or something like this..

i think that SOME people are aware that collectors are looking for NEW ponies which havent been discovered yet and are willing to pay high prices even if the picture in the auction is unclear and the origin of the pony too.

i just made this with my great potato carving skills and with ink from a stamp pad :D just imagine it with more acurate carving on a more fitting material with better ink:

potatos are a common tool in kindergarden to print symbols on tablecloths etc. so i made lil tutorial for the people who dont know what i am talking about :D and its a bait parasol who has rusting symbols and the ink is washable ;)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:49:32 AM by zora »
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey

Oh, I though it must be something like that.
So has this been done with the squeaky butts then? They're for sure Legit?

The opposite actually! The packaging for the squeaky butts has no mention of Hasbro or MLP on them, which is why the story of them being produced later on using the moulds but without license seems to be likely.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
yah - the problem about identifying "legit" becomes more of an issue with no packaging

in the squeakies case, thankfully having packaging and some sellers help connect the history dots, Lady G's explanation is spot on

for the argies - not so fast on the homegrown stamping method... although thank goodness for our local pony peep Marian to add that she's got no memory from childhood, such that I would than tend to not think any of the ones "found" then sold are from a retail background

all of the nirvana pics - including mine = are 3 lash argies = so it may be a source from one factory as there's the other 2 lash producer = unless, am I wrong -? did Top Toys make both varieties, and they are like different runs??  any help there would be appreciated

so while in some sense I am agreeing not to just take it on face value that these are "prototypes" of ponies, has it been confirmed that every one of these ponies save my last sparkler came from the delparke argie seller?  How likely do you think all these competing sellers are swapping the same stencils? At any rate I thank you Zora for the stencil demo as it is helpful in making me realize I may yet be able to get some good hasbro like customs for things like snuzzle in alternate poses and colors if I perfect that technique :-) = and no worries = I won't be selling them on ebay as nirvana ;-)

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
lol it just was meant like a joke or to demonstrate how i look at these look-like-stamped-symbols! :D my result clearly doesnt look like your ponies symbols :D

sorry, its difficult to explain things in a foreign language so that people get me right  :blush:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 02:00:40 PM by zora »
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
oh so no worries - sorry if I sounded harsh  :blush: not my intention = danke for typing all that in english!! I really do appreciate your thoughts on this Zora and i agree I am more careful about these ponies because of asking here about them ...although I must admit I really liked that pink haired "sparkler" in glory pose (maybe a former moondancer?) and boy do I wish we had more dark blue unicorns than that one mythical photo in the nirvana gallery... but that is maybe just me

Now about the vennes =
I am admittedly worried about how they now seem to be somewhat regularly appearing ...
So I am of two minds on this =  that this is the result of a lot of the locals there specifically looking for MLP or may be it is folks hawking some current fakies as if they are from 1985.  I don't think we have anybody who lives locally, and I am wondering if these toys that are showing up now are actually being made today - like the susie pony?  Does anybody think they may get the answer to that question?  I mean, it could be just another warehouse full of old ponies was found = can't blame 'em after all the hoopla about the boxed batch and the prices we all paid

dunno

just my thoughts on this

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal