collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OK = about these venezuelans "appearing" from folks who formerly had none...  (Read 3048 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
ahh I know people do all sorts of things to make money but I don't think its the case with the vennies
To be honset if I found a warehouse stash I certainly wouldn't sell them all at once I would sell a bunch wait a year or 2 then sell some that I never sold last time to keep the prices up. I might even change my ebay account to do this just to 'keep it fresh' and the values high. Truth be told thou even if they are fakies but the communities don't' know I think they will hold there value to a point.

In reguards to your snarkler she could be real I mean look at italy minty with different amounts of clovers.. and argie bluebelle has different amount of stars, she could still be legit just not many produced. I know more italians variants have been found than snarkler but then the European countries have been in contact with english speaking countries for longer (or if you get my drift had easier access to english speaking countries). Sometimes we are just never going to know the history of the ponies and have to accept them as is :  ) If they look cool and make you happy who cares right

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
I've also noticed that some sellers seem to have sold the *very last* of their personal collections several times.  I dunno, maybe Vennies are still too new to the worldwide collectors' market to guage how rare they are, but I wouldn't be surprised if many of them turned out to be relatively common in their home country.  I remember someone telling me about an Argie she bought for $600 back when Argies were new and unknown, and she recently sold the pony for only about a hundred.  So right now I don't want to spend too much on Vennies if their value may drop like that in time.  I think it may be a few years before we really get a good idea of just how rare Vennies are and what they're really worth.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
 I have a question for those who own a Squeaky Butt pony: how easy would it be to replace the squeaker with a tail? Is the tail hole the same size & shape?

What I'm wondering is: how hard would it be to turn a Squeaky Butt into a "one of a kind new variant". :ninja: With all of the recent auctions for Squeakies in different body colors, I'm finding it a little suspicious that there's suddenly a new color variation of a complete finished pony Cotton Candy. If the heads never had hair, they could easily be run through a hair stitching machine to make a new pony & there would be no way to tell an "after market" from an original. :huh:

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
the tail is super easy to replace - although I hope that the squeaker will have deformed the hole somewhat to make it noticeable... but not all squeaker/bald ponies have that plastic bit and that's my concern... especially with sellers in venezuela "on the hunt"  and I have not had the most honest conversations with some telling me (as apparently others) this was their "solo uno" and they are "childhood ponies" etc. and then I come to find later they are part of that deal to buy from whoever found the warehouse stash

and I guess just after that whole UK mess with the GITD princess that may or may not have involved arena members... that I really don't want to repeat when I know there's a lot of chatter back and forth and tempting sellers to end auctions and just sell outright etc. (as we've all seen) and I just think a healthy dose of skeptism at this point is best for all of us as I agree with you kellyponyfeathers = I think what is unique today might not be in a couple years and the rush to be the first may prove a very expensive mistake

now in the case of the G4 minty-s and the glitter prototypes I am very wrong, but here - I am not so sure... so on one hand people should be free to spend as they want, but I think we all like to think in the end we haven't been fooled into something = does that make sense of where my concern is?

So back to the tails and manes = I hope it is the mane rehair that proves to be problematic = but yep = if they have a machine - there would be no way to tell the difference in my mind.  It would look OOAK and be tagged venne for the fact that the rest is - body mold, eye paint, etc.

So yah, I think it possible that "loose" ponies are prone to re-do's and touch ups in skilled hands and that is why I worry = we all love the thrill of adding new ponies to the family :-) but I just hope they will truly be MLP and not a repeat of that Lars debacle... which the more seasoned will need to elaborate on and there may be threads about but I only know he was doctoring colombians for similar reasons = to up the price.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:03:41 AM by maycrestmom »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
About the Lars situation: I don't think he was doctoring up ponies. There were a few problems with Lars.
1. He sold (1) high value pony to multiple people, then made up excuses why he couldn't send the pony. He would later offer to sell lesser value ponies to make up for not being able to send the original pony after taking money from those multiple buyers.
2. Shill bidding up his auctions using his girlfriend's account.
3. He inquired about customizing, but I don't think he ever was found fixing up ponies to sell as original. That's probably where "doctoring up" rumors came from.

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
ah thanks for clarifying!

I thought there were a couple of auctions where he would marker up the MLP and claim they were factory reject originals and such = but I "came late to the party" (thankfully!) on that, so I probaby know more rumor than fact given my timeline from only a few years ago

that makes sense if he inquired it would raise the suspicion bar - I remember being warned about not to trust anything as "original" so I'm sure it relates to those posts he made...

again - thanks for clarifying KKV  :satisfied:

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
One other thing:  There's a lot of talk that these Vennies are "warehouse finds" that were sold to a few different sellers who knew how to post them on international Ebay, where they would be seen by collectors who would spend a lot to buy them.  But is there really any reason to believe that they are indeed warehouse finds from a finite supply, and once they're gone, there won't be any new Vennies coming out of there?  It seems to me like it's equally possible that one seller figured out that Ven ponies might be worth a lot to foreign collectors, then figured out how to offer the ponies to our market, and then a few other sellers saw the profits they were making and just followed suit.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
oh so no worries - sorry if I sounded harsh  :blush: not my intention = danke for typing all that in english!!

lol no you didnt sound harsh, i read my comment and i found that it was not clear that its a joke :D
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
The boxed Vennies should be legit
The squeakers have no mention of Hasbro on the packaging, so there is a good chance they are fakies, but they *could* be legit
the squeakers fall into two categories: MIP and loose. I know the MIP have ones that actually squeak (like mine), but some seem to be missing part of the mechanism and don't squeak. Can anyone tell me if it is the SAME for the loose ones (ie some have it some dont)?

factory/warehouse finds have happened legitimatly before, adn the boxed ones seem to follow in that.
the squeakers could be the same way....or they could be newer (or new). I don't think we know for sure, but it is my understanding that at least some of them were found in the same way and/or place as the boxed ones

I will be taking all of this into consideration in my Vennie nirvana presentation at the Fair :) Keep up the good questions/conversation/investigating!

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
oh cool, Roogna = that is what I am hoping in knowing that these gals were the chosen nirvana to discuss :-) don't want to slam hard one way or the other, but I do think baby steps are best at this point as there are to me for sure a lot of puzzle pieces still left out of the picture... but we are slowly building an understanding  and I am enjoying seeing all the "colores vivos" bisanti MLP  from south america so far :-)

oh and I cannot answer about loose squeakies as mine came with bags = so hoping someone who snagged from the last round might shed some light on the parts issue...

I'm interested for the above - can these be re-made - issues among other things

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:36:34 PM by maycrestmom »

Offline pinkroze

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I love the squeekies :) especially all the applejack and blossom variants!

Personally I think that these are not licensed by Hasbro and therefore are "fake." However, I still consider them MLP and the best fakies out there :) My reasoning: (1) they're made from the same company that produced the real ones (the boxed vennies) (2) they're made with the same mold (3) it looks like they're made from the same plastic material (Venezuelan pony material is very distinguishable). More likely these were produced after Bisanti's license ended which explains the packaging. I don't think they're still being produced though or else we would have seen other/different ponies such as Bowtie, Minty etc. Although Bisanti is still around......

Anyway, I was told that these were found and bought from the ex-owner of the factory were they used to be made. The new wave squeekers look exactly like my baggies, ie some are flat feet and some are CF (with the Hasbro '82 or '83 mark). And they squeek/sound the same :)

Whatever the case maybe, whether they're real or not, the squeekers definitely make the MLP world much more intriguing :)

xoxo, PR

Pics:
My yellow baggy:

My yellow Debagged with a blue one and a white one from the new wave:

Feet - either flat or CC with Hasbro stamp (sorry kind of hard to see from a white pony)

Squeekers:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:54:11 PM by pinkroze »

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
Super thanks for sharing Pinkrose !

man, so I looked at the auction results and you and one other bidder got a bunch, and I think only a total of 4 folks got that whole first wave...

so thinking that whole bunch has their squeaker than... my appleblossom has hers and that's why I hoping anyone tries to mod one that the tail hole will be larger as a result of that mechanism (boy, try not to think about that image for too long...staring at pony toy butt = it's for research!)

Looking at the pics seems all the second wave has squeakers... man I just wish I knew if these were currently being made like the frankenponies in argentina = only here they "got it right" and are making a bunch of different ponies "en colores vivos"

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
No idea on the Venezuelans. 
But ya I personally consider all the argies inquestion to be contrived non-hasbro/top toy variants. Therefore I do not collect them.  I'm thinking the sparkledancer is part of that category as well. 

Post Merge: May 01, 2013, 08:55:43 PM

actually im gonna make an executive decision and take sparkledancer (argie white sparkler with pink hair) off my wish list
im officially convinced shes not a true variant

Post Merge: May 01, 2013, 08:59:44 PM

now that i think about it, im gonna take all the sparklers with that dark navy blue symbol off my list
pink with yellow hair (prolly used to be pinwheel)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:01:51 PM by relcelestia »
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
OK = this is so not sour grapes as I was out over the weekend and honestly had no desire to bid on white CC (now if she'd had blue hair with blue dots like argie snuzzle, I would've been in a whole different place, funny about color preferences that way...)

I honestly hope whoever trusted to drop two grand plus on the seller's supposedly "one of a kind" truly gets a rare pony item as this was the same seller who originally sold me the orange with green spots cotton candy (I called her candy apple... pinkrose has her now)  and I wrote to her /him (both husband and wife share account) that they know of another CC as they sold it to me, and they should change their listing etc.   but they never did.  This seller also claimed to have "solo uno" red posey and then proceeded to sell at least three more...

In all honesty a part of me hopes to be wrong but I get the sense about vennes thinking that folks realize there's a market for this stuff and so figure out a way to make it seem "valuable"... but like I said, I can just as likely be wrong and  these will end up similar to colombians and there only be at most a thousand we will ever know about

time will tell

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
that whole UK mess with the GITD princess

OT: Could someone enlighten me on this one?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal