collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions, anyone?  (Read 5178 times)

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Unpopular Opinions, anyone?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
I don't like "Feeling Pinkie Keen" - no, what's unpopular is why. It reminds me way, way too much of that annoying old "the complainer is always wrong" moral - Twilight's new in town, why would she take everything at face value right away?

Silent Lucidity

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »
I also get annoyed when I go to old gen videos, and I see "KILL IT WITH FIRE" comments.  You do NOT wanna know how much that irritates me  :really:

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2013, 07:37:20 PM »
I don't get people getting upset about customizing or taking the heads and tails out of ponies. Geez, Louise, they're PLASTIC people! It isn't "sad" because somone destroyed the "integrity" of the pony or "hurt" it somehow. I'd get the screamimg if somone mangled Greek Ladybird, but...yeesh.

I'm not really sure what (if any) comment on this thread you're referring to, but I kinda doubt most people actually truly believe ponies have feelings or feel pain. And as to customizing - it's not that I think the pony is getting hurt, it's that if someone, say, customizes an uncommon pony that wasn't in bad shape, it means one less of that pony for pony people to enjoy. And to me, yeah, that's sad. But I actually encourage removing heads to check inside.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

spookysage

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
I don't get people getting upset about customizing or taking the heads and tails out of ponies. Geez, Louise, they're PLASTIC people! It isn't "sad" because somone destroyed the "integrity" of the pony or "hurt" it somehow. I'd get the screamimg if somone mangled Greek Ladybird, but...yeesh.

I'm not really sure what (if any) comment on this thread you're referring to, but I kinda doubt most people actually truly believe ponies have feelings or feel pain. And as to customizing - it's not that I think the pony is getting hurt, it's that if someone, say, customizes an uncommon pony that wasn't in bad shape, it means one less of that pony for pony people to enjoy. And to me, yeah, that's sad. But I actually encourage removing heads to check inside.

I think it's a sentiment people express in general - but yeah, the pang of sadness I feel when people, say, deflock a pretty decent So Soft is strictly selfish. I would've taken that pony for cheap! :lol:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 07:42:18 PM »
I really don't like the Big Brothers, either!  But my problem isn't their poses, it's their cutie marks/names/colors. I mean, come on ... Steamer?  Barnacle?  Chief???  Couldn't you have done better, Hasbro?  It's like MLP Village People or something.  The Mountain boys, however, those I like ... so of course they're really freaking rare and expensive!

They are VERY Village People.  Which actually amuses me when they're all together.  But individually I do find them rather cringe-worthy.  Just because the Big Brothers are boys doesn't mean they need stereotypical "boy stuff" symbols.  Like why couldn't we have had a pony with stars as his symbol instead of (the worst offender, IMO) a FOOTBALL PLAYER PONY.

The Baby Brother ponies or whatever they were called were a little better in this regard--Waddles had a penguin symbol, Leaper had a frog, etc.  (But they still had really dopey looking faces, IMO.  Just . . . not quite right.)

Oh, another set I never liked:  the newborn ponies.  Boy, I do not like those at all.   Those creepy, stumpy little legs. 

But Teeny Tinies are the ultimate "do not want!".    They have left Dream Valley behind for the Uncanny Valley.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 08:03:56 PM »

I'm not at all referencing this thread or anyone writing in it, I'm simply. This thread is about onpoular opinions  and apparently my point of view is more unpopular than most people's because so many have been offended by it!
I'm simply stating what people have told me ("I would NEVER remove MY ponies heads because it destroys the integrity of the pony") makes me cock my head and go "huh?"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:07:40 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 08:23:43 PM »
I think that the reason G2s were so disliked is because of their shape - with their tall, thin bodies they bear more of a resemblance to real horses as compared to the chunky, short-legged ponies we all know and love. ;) I personally adore them, I'd have more if I had more space to keep them all!

I really don't like the Big Brothers, either!  But my problem isn't their poses, it's their cutie marks/names/colors. I mean, come on ... Steamer?  Barnacle?  Chief???  Couldn't you have done better, Hasbro?  It's like MLP Village People or something.  The Mountain boys, however, those I like ... so of course they're really freaking rare and expensive!
They are VERY Village People.  Which actually amuses me when they're all together.  But individually I do find them rather cringe-worthy.  Just because the Big Brothers are boys doesn't mean they need stereotypical "boy stuff" symbols.  Like why couldn't we have had a pony with stars as his symbol instead of (the worst offender, IMO) a FOOTBALL PLAYER PONY.

Personally, I never saw the BB as stereotypical - little girls can love trains, football, and fire engines just as much as any little boy. Heck, one of my favorite shows as a child was those old Thomas the Tank Engine movies. Just because the BB symbols are commonly viewed as things only boys would like, doesn't mean that girls can't like them as well.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 08:30:56 PM »
Those teeny tiny newborns kinda creep me out, too...and I'm stupid for baby ponies! The just look they need to be put back into the oven a little longer!  :lol:

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2013, 08:48:25 PM »
In a neat bulletpointed list!

- Cadance is the best G4 princess.
- I don't get collecting Nirvanas that look just like the local releases. I like Nirvanas that look different somehow.
- I don't like Flutterponies, their wings look so weird like crumpled plastic. I love wingers though!
- If the baby TAFs didn't have the tooth, they'd be perfect. The tooth looks like a fang.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

DappleCafe

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »
Oh man, I've got a few. okay...
Keep in mind none of this means I don't like people who are fans of these things. It's just, ya know.

-I don't like fim all that much, if at all. A lot of the concepts and art are cute to me and it's certainly got mountains of quality, but despite being fantasy based I feel like a lot of the magic is gone, if that makes any sense. Plus the G4 molds just don't make for great customs IMO. They don't seem to take paint very well and...clearly I'm just more charmed by G1 and even the G2 toys.
I get frustrated with repeat symbols and so many of the G4 names sound really odd. Not that some G1s don't, but it feels like almost none of them roll off the tongue. It's like they just pick two things girls usually like and throw them together for a name no matter how odd...

-Kind of what Jinxxy said but I cringe sometimes with G1 customs. Despite my persona I'm actually something of a traditionalist so when things get super custom, they're usually not for me. I like things that look like they belong in the universe.
Then there's just ponies that can be saved and end up covered in nail polish or something. You don't see that here but there have been plenty of ebay ponies I just wanted to bid on to strip and restore.

-Alicorns...

-Something I love? Piggy ponies. I couldn't tell you why.

-something that bugs me about ALL gens? Hooved animals using items like humans. I know they have magic but for the love of...

Seriously, I love everyone though. I'm just difficult I guess.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2013, 10:36:18 PM »
Yeah, I don't care for customs that are not-hasbro/show like, they are usually from people with much talent, but I find no appeal in customs with random corsets, super fancy sculpted wings, random designs painted all over them, super elaborate eyes... too much.
Very well made, just, not my taste. I prefer simple customs that could fit in with other ponies.
I DO end up like some crazy customs though.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2013, 10:38:29 PM »
I actually like the ridiculously happy expressions on G3.5's.

I hate super long-hair. I don't cut original hair but if it goes below the legs what do you do with it to display the pony? Its everywhere! You have to wrap it around a leg or have the pony stand on it. Also it gets so easily tangled and matted. I don't like tight curls either but I can live with a soft wave.

I don't know why people don't like their ponies heads being loose for easy access to cleaning and keeping a pony dry. Some people act like the heads are going to spin around on their own like the exorcist but they are a pretty tight fit when you pull them off and put them back on. I've not had any of my ponies turn their own heads. Why ruin the pony by adding super glue and then if the head needs to come off again because it got wet inside what are you going to do? I also don't know why people slice them of with an x-acto knife because that usually looks awful.

Sometimes I want to buy G1 customs and restore them back to the pony they were, especially if its a pony I've been searching for who got customized.

I also prefer a simple pony over one that's over the top. I feel the same way about people like "they were pretty before they tried too hard".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:40:12 PM by HavACrumpet452 »

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2013, 11:56:11 PM »
Oh, forgot one..

Unipegs.. They have always seemed like fakies to me.
I was really annoyed when I first saw them in FIM and it still bothers me. It's just so cliche and overdone...not to mention that unicorns and pegasai are very different creatures in mythology.
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2013, 12:33:26 AM »
Most of my opinions involve "omg you are DOING IT WRONG!" in extremely subjective ways (meaning I'm only 'right' in my own head!), so at risk of offending other people, I will keep those to myself. But just FYI, if you give Rainbow Dash ringlets OMGAWD U R DED 2 ME!!!111one /frothing

(I kid, I kid! :lmao: But now I wanna see RD with ringlets...!)

My 'judgey moment' is, ironically, other people being judgey - I make a frowny-face when people come into a thread and say stuff like, "oh, you ship X with Y? well, clearly you didn't know that in MY head they are shipped with Z, so you're doing it WRONG. Here's 90 pictures of MY ship." Let other people have their own headcanons! There's nothing wrong with saying you ship X/Z or even Y/Z, but showing up to say "oh ew, X/Y is SO WRONG" makes me huffy. People can ship different things, that doesn't make them wrong - because none of the shipping is CANON! Different headcanons are fun, they don't take anything away from yours simply by existing!!

(But I may be reading this too much from my own RL - let's just say, don't bring up Fluttermac around me anymore, cuz it makes me twitch due to a particular friend whose posts DRIVE ME UP THE WALL! :P Apparently, people who don't ship Fluttermac are just 'misguided' and 'heterophobic' or something.)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2013, 12:41:00 AM »
Hear, hear! Pairing wars are terrible in any fandom. I'm a bit afraid to introduce the idea of a possible pairing I like in another fandom because I'm worried people will come with pitchforks and torches. ;)

I find the Beddy-Bye Eye Ponies very creepy. I like those eyes on dolls, but on the Ponies ... somehow it never looks quite right.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal