collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions, anyone?  (Read 5133 times)

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Unpopular Opinions, anyone?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »
I hate twinkle eyes.  They creep me out and look soulless.  And I'm sorry, but I think Mimic is just as bad as Baby Frosting - icky green color and wonky eyes.  I don't understand why she's so popular!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 05:01:08 PM »
I hated the "I'm a My Little Pony Mommy" song when it came out.  Couldn't be in the same room when it came on.   :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 05:10:21 PM »
my unpopular opinion:
positives i love all my pink celestia  :grouphug:  and i find it sad people hate them  :cry:
i love all the non show accurate toys  :) and i am really happy to have the same pose over and over  :biggrin: yes thats right, they are easy to display that way. and the repeat of the main 6 means i can save money that way.
love G2's now even G3.5, though i am finding G2 expensive to collect from the growing interest in them.
negatives I don't like mimic and most later G1's, their poses got really ugly and weird. 
i don't like hasbro bring out negative characters like Gilda etc, i feel like throwing her into my kids toy box (not including nightmare moon and Trixie cos they are good inside) ;)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:16:41 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »
My unpopular opinion is that the Big Brother molds are clunky and unappealing.  Give me a male pony in a supposedly "female" pose (like Sportstime) any day of the week.

I really don't like the Big Brothers, either!  But my problem isn't their poses, it's their cutie marks/names/colors. I mean, come on ... Steamer?  Barnacle?  Chief???  Couldn't you have done better, Hasbro?  It's like MLP Village People or something.  The Mountain boys, however, those I like ... so of course they're really freaking rare and expensive!

Oh, and tinsel aggravates me, just because it gets wild so easily and is next to impossible to tame again.

I also despise Beddy-Bye Eyes and First-Tooth Babies!  (sorry, BBE and FT lovers!)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 05:38:57 PM »
Now, I'm going to preface this b y affirming that I do find some of them very pretty, and I love the appeal of the uniqueness.

Okay, here goes:
I tend to think Nirvana ponies are ugly.
I'll put something here some time

Silent Lucidity

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 05:57:09 PM »
I don't get the appeal of like...Blindbags..Sure they're cute and fun to get, but...Meh, it gets old fast

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »
I find it a bit ironic that so many people are "confessing" to liking G2s, because I think we're getting to a point where more people like or at least appreciate them than hate them. At least it seems that way.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

spookysage

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
My unpopular opinion is that the Big Brother molds are clunky and unappealing.  Give me a male pony in a supposedly "female" pose (like Sportstime) any day of the week.

I really don't like the Big Brothers, either!  But my problem isn't their poses, it's their cutie marks/names/colors. I mean, come on ... Steamer?  Barnacle?  Chief???  Couldn't you have done better, Hasbro?  It's like MLP Village People or something.  The Mountain boys, however, those I like ... so of course they're really freaking rare and expensive!

If I ever acquire a significant number of Big Brothers and accessories, I'm so putting together the right outfits to round out a Village Ponies display. It'd be fun!

Eaglefeather

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »
Well, here goes. I hope no one gets offended by my own unpopular opinions!   :blush:

-I like the Big Brothers a LOT more than any other type of pony. Too bad they're always so expensive!

-I'm not a fan of the baby ponies of any generation. I don't know- they might be a bit too chunky and funky for my liking!  :lol: Some of them are pretty cute, I have to admit.

-I never really liked the G4 drama pony, Spike, Discord, or Chrysalis. They seem a little overrated too. My friend and I always called Chrysalis 'Swiss cheese foot'!

- I like alicorn Twilight Sparkle! 

- I love the Cherries Jubilee pose!  :)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »
I love tinsel and it pains me to hear people talking about detinseling them especially when the pony or doll is brand new. I can understand wanting to replace the tinsel if it is in bad condition but if I ever detinseled I would have to retinsel it after.

Also I'm not too happy with all the boring normal style ponies in G4. Where are the unique ponies that even G3 had like 3D symbols and clear bodies? The Shine Brights and Glimmer Wings and Crystal Motion are a step in the right direction but they need to release more.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:39:42 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Silent Lucidity

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 06:42:02 PM »
Also I'm not too happy with all the boring normal style ponies in G4. Where are the unique ponies that even G3 had like 3D symbols and clear bodies? The Shine Brights and Glimmer Wings and Crystal Motion are a step in the right direction but they need to release more.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »
I never liked ponies with 3d symbols/cutie marks, or super crazy gimmicks like glittery translucent bodies, glow in the dark, posable anything but heads, really elaborate symbols/cutie marks, pearly bodies, anything electronic. Anything that is too over the top is just...no.

SOme ponies/sets like SUndae Best, flutters, TAFs, and a few others are fine as they are not over the top too much.

More G3s are offenders to this, and I don't really like G3s that much, not even for customs, with very few exceptions, G3s to me just get lost in a sea of G3ness.
Also, GLITTER CUTIE MARKS?! WHY SO THOSE EXIST. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. SO many G3s have Glitter cakd on their faces too. Why? WHo thought that was a good idea? At least if Tinsel bugs you, it's easy to rip out, glitter, you gotta deal with it or take waaay too much time and effort to fix a pony that's already ruined.
Glitter on wings doesn't botehr me as much, it looks nicer.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

spookysage

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 06:55:11 PM »
Also I'm not too happy with all the boring normal style ponies in G4. Where are the unique ponies that even G3 had like 3D symbols and clear bodies?

They're all Blind Bags.  :stressed: (Or on Taobao.)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 07:04:31 PM »
Also I don't know if it is unpopular or just weird but it isn't the light up feature that I like on Shine Brights. I just like that they have clear horns and wings.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »
I don't get people getting upset about customizing or taking the heads and tails out of ponies. Geez, Louise, they're PLASTIC people! It isn't "sad" because somone destroyed the "integrity" of the pony or "hurt" it somehow. I'd get the screamimg if somone mangled Greek Ladybird, but...yeesh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal