collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions, anyone?  (Read 5132 times)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Opinions, anyone?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 02:06:25 PM »
G1 popularity bugs me, don't get me wrong, I love G1s, I like G4s more, but G1s are my second fave ponies. Maybe just casue I didn't grow up with them (born in wrong decade) but I never saw that 'magic' to them that otehr people see. I am content with just collecting lots of them, any I find on thrift stores, and any I really like, I don't have the urge to go crazy and collect every G1 there is, and fully cleaning them up. I get so tired and bored cleaning G1s sometimes, usually when it takes forever, or frizzy hair, or that I'd need to sunfade, ugggh, at least no one would get mad at me for hoarding dirty ponies.
And they're so BIG, not a abd thing, but I'm glad that G4s are so small.
I mean, I don't get seeing really pricy G1s or nirvanas. I want a Mimic and Red Roses too, but I'm not spending all that money on them. :/

And they attract dirt like CRAZY, G1 pony vinyl is weird.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 02:10:43 PM »
I love G2 Ponies, always have. And I don't mind G3.5. Actually, I think some of the G3s look a lot wonkier and more deformed. The ones whose heads are too big for their bodies really weird me out. They have such small, thin legs!

I have next to no interest in taking Ponies apart. If they're still factory sealed, I absolutely hate to disturb that unless I absolutely have to. I honestly don't care if there's something like rust on the inside of a Pony, as long as it doesn't get to the outside. (That being said, I won't deliberately buy a Pony with known rust. There's no telling where's it been or how that rust came to be!) I recently discovered that one of my childhood Ponies has tail rust, and hence, must have had it for years without it apparently getting worse on the outside. So I have no intention of doing anything about that. Of course, something repulsive and dangerous like mold would be another issue entirely and I'd have no choice then, but I can't find any evidence of it aside from the bit of rust.

I don't understand the preference for de-flocking, either. The flocking is nice and soft. If it's there, why disturb what's left of it?

I love season 1 of FiM, but I've been very disappointed by season 2 and even moreso by season 3. I hardly ever prefer the first season of a show to all else, but it looks like this is one time that I definitely do. I haven't gotten entirely fed up yet, but if I keep being disappointed, that time will likely come.

And while I like the jewels of G2 Ponies, I don't think I like the G1 Twinkle Eyes much, either. That said, I love some of those Ponies and would buy them nevertheless.

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 02:28:27 PM »

-I'm not really a Mimic fan. I would pick her up if I found her, but otherwise, she's just kind of meh to me.

-I don't love Drama Pony as much as I'm apparently supposed to.

I'm down with Mimic, though I detest the prices. But I also, do not get the Drama Pony obsession. I mean, she's cute.. but.... yeah.

However I don't get G1 Rapunzel. She looks silly in the quackers pose and just doesn't seem pretty to me -  no matter how rare she is. So nyeah :P

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »
-Munchy's symbols are soy-based vegetarian products, because cannibal Ponies aren't nice.

:rofl: That is just too funny!

The only episode of FiM I do not really like is "Lesson Zero". Season one is the best, but I like the other two seasons.

I actually like that they made Twilight a winged pegasus in the last episode.   ^^;

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Unpopular Opinions, anyone?
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »
I don't like twinkle eyes, so softs or princess ponies. I also don't like seaponies. Those are my unpopular opinions. Also don't care for Mimic or Rapunzel.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 02:55:53 PM »
I have the rather popular (and yet unpopular!) opinion that G3.5s are just...terrifying. No disrespect to anyone who likes and collects them, but it's not even their bodies, just their faces. They seem to be shaped like human children faces, which isn't the bad part but it is weird when you stick that on a horse-ish body! Their snouts feel too round as well.

I understand ponies are supposed to be colorful and appeal to children as such, but I do wish that some would have some more earthy, natural colors.

Seaponies look like failed lab experiments with fins way too small for their bodies, and the fact that they don't have some way of standing up on their own makes it even weirder.

I don't really see the appeal of the early G1s, and I DID grow up with them! They just look hunched over and oddly depressed. It's a shame because their colors are really pretty. I love Bluebelle!

Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Amsel

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://yuuago.livejournal.com
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 02:56:38 PM »
I don't like seaponies. They look so weird to me!

I love the mermaid ponies, though.

shadowdreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 03:49:13 PM »
G3 and G3.5 Scare me to death, I find them creepy, G3 recolors however are nice. G1 BBE ponies also freak me out, because most of them kinda look like their eyes are rusted...add opening and closing eyes and its like a scary movie for me.  I like G1 but BBE babies freak me out. The G1 ponies with the gems for eyes also kinda give me the shivers, they are pretty, but I don't think I would own one.G4 some of the most popular ponies in the show I do not like, I do not like Princess Cadence, I do not like Babs Seed, I do not like Queen Changeling *I forgot her name suddenly* and I like Celestia more then Luna, and alot of Bronys like Luna more then Celestia. I also, in general do not like green ponies, most of the time it is a horrible shade of green.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 04:03:41 PM »
I love alicorn Twilight Sparkle!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 04:16:13 PM »
I don't like sea ponies!! I said it!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline PWN-E

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 04:26:33 PM »
I feel like the art on some g1 packaging looks lazy. The coloring is gorgeous, but some of them have weird faces and broken looking necks.

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 04:27:54 PM »
While I always hated the way they keep releasing the 6 same girls in G4, I'll admit something recently dawned on me - this means a lot more easy-to-find ponies for customizers to use. I think G4s make adorable customs (especially when using G1 designs) and hopefully more G4s will be used as bait and less early generations will. So I guess in that sense I've stopped caring so much about the constant re-releases.

I also have some seemingly unpopular opinions regarding what constitutes a bait pony or a pony who should to be rehaired... :/

I'm pretty close to this point, but ask me again when there's more male pony bait /shakes fist

Two more, FiM related:

- Lots of people seem to like the Italian theme song, but I've never cared for theme songs that go "title! this is how he plot goes! title! summary of the pilot! title! these are all the characters! title title title!", no matter how good the musical accompaniment may be (unless it's the German Sailor Moon theme, which won my heart with 90s techno).

- I have no preferred name for Drama Pony (and can we get that put in a newbie guide somewhere? it took me a few threads to figure out who that was from context!), but judging from my first encounter with a cosplayer, apparently I instinctively think of her as "D" (or maybe Dee?). Intellectually, I do like the name Ditzy Doo, since she could be related to Skippety Doo. Or maybe she writes the Daring Do books - wouldn't that be a shock to Rainbow Dash XD And Drama Pony is a pretty amusing moniker. But she's still D to me.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »
Beddy-bye eyes are becoming more and more appealing to me.

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 04:40:15 PM »
Yeah I like BBE's too... god I keep coming out with these things... this thread is so therapeudic!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 04:49:23 PM »

I......I really hate seeing a lot of G1's customized sometimes. If it is a boy it especially breaks my heart. Sometimes the customs are so lovely.. and I am guilty of even wanting a few, but the idea of tearing apart a pony, especially if she is savable is sad. There are only so many G1s out there!
For some reason Alt rehairs I totally love though XD
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:52:01 PM by Jinxxy »
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal