collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you introverted or extroverted?

Very introverted - I may as well be invisible.
81 (15.4%)
Introverted - I usually keep to myself.
152 (28.8%)
Somewhere in between - It depends on the crowd.
248 (47.1%)
Extroverted - I'm happy to lead the conversation.
38 (7.2%)
Very extroverted - You just can't avoid me.
8 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 386

Author Topic: Shy or bold?  (Read 4125 times)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Shy or bold?
« on: April 05, 2013, 07:34:39 AM »
I'm an introvert, but I've slightly cracked my shy mold a bit over the years. If I'm very familiar with the group of people I'm in, I don't mind speaking up or drawing attention to myself.

When I don't know anyone, I pretty much keep to myself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Shy or bold?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:40:18 AM »
I'm pretty introverted. Not as much as I was when I was younger, but I still prefer to keep to myself. I do make an effort to get out and be more social, I'm just not very good at it.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Primrose

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 07:42:32 AM »
I'm very shy, and terribly awkward.  :blush:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 07:47:03 AM »
I come across as extroverted, but it's because I get nervous around people a lot and when I'm nervous I talk too much XD I may be 'outgoing' but I am pretty socially inept/awkward ;) :sighs: Oh well. I do have a lot of fun!!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 07:51:15 AM »
I'm more introverted, but it depends on the crowd - if I know someone well I can be pretty outgoing. (Poor hubby, haha)

Plus at work I have to be outgoing to a point to deal with students and clients.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline sleepyowl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 08:01:47 AM »
I voted very introverted. I have a hard time talking to people and I'm pretty anxious in most social situations. It extends to online a lot of the time too.

Melissa

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 08:04:08 AM »
I'm an extrovert, for sure... But I surrounded introverts. My parents, fiancé and two best friends are all I introverts. I like to think I am good at bringing out their social sides. I find people endlessly fascinating... Hence my psychology degree, lol.

lupachiotta

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 08:10:33 AM »
introvert. A bit of a hermit really. Although I love having friends. But a good extrovert can really drag me out of my shell.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 08:47:59 AM »
I'm kind of a weird mix of both I think. When I was younger I had terrible social anxiety and was petrified of even talking to a clerk at a grocery store. I was always very quiet in high school, but social with the groups of friends I had.

As I got older I've become more and more comfortable speaking to people and I would say I'm now somewhat of an extrovert, WHEN I want to be XD. This is why I answered somewhere in between, because mostly I really want to be left alone, but if pressed I am really friendly and can lead a conversation very easily.

I'm also really interested in psychology as well and can sort of mold myself to best suit the situation. If I sense the other person is a huge extrovert I just let them talk, and I have gotten good at keeping up a conversation with shyer people who maybe need the other person to keep the conversation going. I'm definitely the most outgoing in many of my friend groups, and the first one to speak up and represent the group so to speak.

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
Very introverted. I think it creeps people out, actually. I'm painfully awkward and 9 times out of 10 when I open my mouth I put my foot in it so I tend to keep it closed thinking that it'll be better that way so I don't insult/offend/alienate people. But then when I don't talk to people they get offended anyway and think I'm stuck up or rude or an idiot. It's a lose-lose situation. I'll never understand why I can get up in front of hundreds of people and strut around onstage in a costume and be completely fine (provided I don't have to speak) but I can barely order a sandwich at Subway because I have to interact with the workers too much. It extends to online situations as well. I'll sit for hours and struggle over what to say in reply to a pm or post where I think I might upset someone. I stay stressed a lot  :freak:

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline ladyfenrir

• Trade Count: (+139)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ladyfenrir/
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 08:55:03 AM »
complete introvert here - and I suffer from social anxiety/phobia as well, which doesn't make it any easier. thankfully though, I do enjoy my own company and am rarely lonely... and my fiancé is just awesome too and we do almost everything together, so it's not as if I'm isolated or anything. :)
~*~ladyfenrir's G1 wish list~*~

Formerly known as "svarta-perlan"

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 09:28:21 AM »

As I got older I've become more and more comfortable speaking to people and I would say I'm now somewhat of an extrovert, WHEN I want to be XD. This is why I answered somewhere in between, because mostly I really want to be left alone, but if pressed I am really friendly and can lead a conversation very easily.

Haha... this is me too.  I like talking to people but small talk is difficult for me.  I find conversations about the weather really boring, don't listen to much music, keep up with sports, watch much TV or see the latest movies.  So I end up feeling really guilty about my end of the conversation. I do like politics but that's treading on thin ice.  However, I can talk about ponies all day. :P
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 09:45:08 AM »
I'm introverted AND a bit shy-- as there is a difference. I usually don't talk unless I have something to talk about that really interests me, then it's hard to get me to shut up. But you have to get me to open up first... >.<
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »
Introvert, hands down..which surprises alot of people since im a double fire sign >>

If I know you and am comfortable though, that shell will crack and I have no issues with letting my mind be known :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

flutterwry

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 09:52:05 AM »
Close to social angst. I can play the role of an extrovert now and then, but it's very, very exhausting. Usually I prefer to be with only those who are close to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal