collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you introverted or extroverted?

Very introverted - I may as well be invisible.
81 (15.4%)
Introverted - I usually keep to myself.
152 (28.8%)
Somewhere in between - It depends on the crowd.
248 (47.1%)
Extroverted - I'm happy to lead the conversation.
38 (7.2%)
Very extroverted - You just can't avoid me.
8 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 386

Author Topic: Shy or bold?  (Read 4124 times)

Offline Star-Watcher

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Raven's Nest
Re: Shy or bold?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »
Introverted and rather shy.  Not to the extreme, but it has been a major contributing factor to remaining single and completely untouched for 45 years.
-- Star-Watcher
This space unintentionally left blank.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 11:17:34 AM »
I'm usually quite introverted.

I've been like it since I was a kid I've always been a 'quiet' one but I think getting bullied in school didn't help matters. But most of the time I prefer my own company or one or two people.

I'm also really self concious I'll screw things up and find it hard to talk to people IRL, better online as I have time to think and get things down right. XD

I can get very drained in really social places, and I don't do well in crowds as I'm claustrophobic but if I'm relaxed and like the people around me enough I can be quite chatty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 12:08:40 PM »
When I was really young, I was defintely extroverted - I would talk to anyone!  Then in about 4th grade, I became very introverted and that lasted thru high school and part of college.  A few years ago, I just decided that I didn't care what people thought and I came out of my shell, so I'm more of an extrovert again.  LOL!

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 12:13:52 PM »
I'm quite shy in public, even when dealing with people who are being paid to help me! I have to work up the nerve to make phone calls... and to ask for job applications, which probably explains why I've only had two non-temp jobs in my life. One of them was in high school: my mom volunteered me (note the phrasing) at the place where she worked. The other was at a call center; they have a high turnover rate - if you don't sell enough, they'll find someone who does. I was sent home on my first day, before lunch - I wasn't stammering on the phone or anything, but my one magazine subscription sale was literally to a sweet little old lady, who I had to call back because she accidentally hung up the phone while looking for her credit card! I tend to find a lot of my life pretty funny in hindsight.

Unfortunately my shyness probably makes me come off as a bit rude - for example, after twenty-odd years I can finally get my voice to a somewhat audible volume when thanking cashiers or restaurant staff who wish me a nice day. Progress, right? But then going places with my girlfriend, I discover that less shy people can also add, "You too," thus affirming their concern with the well-being of others and general empathy. :shocked: Revolutionary! Maybe in another decade I'll be able to pull that off too.

Among friends or those I know have common interests (say, at a meetup or online), I come out of my shell a lot. I do fairly well online or at conventions, too, protected by anonymity - no one's going to remember me if I somehow screw up basic human interaction! Or at least, I don't think so - why bother to remember my username or face among so many others? Even then, I tend to talk more about cool stuff and things I (or they) like rather than myself, because I know for sure other people like those things. And when other people have problems, big or small, it's legitimate and they deserve sympathy (even though I don't have any useful advice or any way to reassure them that doesn't sound awkward and dumb), but my problems? People don't want to be bothered with that frivolous nonsense!

So, uh... how 'bout them ponies? :blush:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:15:23 PM by spookysage »

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 12:47:52 PM »
It depends, in some crowds, I can be very introverted to the point I am blending in with the wall paper. Usually in very adult situations like in a busy bar room.  Busy night clubs are different, usually I have had a few beverages of an alcoholic nature and am out there dancing  :biggrin:

When I am comfortable with the people I am with, my true extrovert nature comes out.  I am giggly, and cracking (usually very rude) jokes and pranking people. Not anything bad, I shrink wrapped my bosses pencil tin, paper wrapped everything in my boss's kit drawer (from her company blackberry charger to scalpel blades and pens) and have done silly things involving post-it notes (my boss once finished work and went shopping, got a manicure and went out for drinks - all with a post-it exclaiming !!POOP!! on her coat back  :lol:

* Yes I prank my boss all the time, we have a great friendship, she thinks I am nuts!!

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 01:04:47 PM »
It really depends on the crowd I guess. I am Twilight Sparkle to a huge degree at school - but sometimes I'm socially awkward Fluttershy, friendly Pinkie or attention-seeking/overdramatic Rarity.  :blush:
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 01:17:16 PM »
I'm not shy, but I'm not usually interested in talking to anyone. This doesn't work so well when I'm out in public, I've usually got someone sitting down to speak to me who knew me once, or thinks what I'm doing looks interesting.

Funniest was an old scottish fellow who wanted to tell me all about his adventures with computers when I was installing something on my new laptop (there was a time when the coffee shop had better, more stable internet than my home set up so whenever I'd get a new gaming laptop I'd go there to install things, after asking if it was okay)
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »
My Myers Briggs type is ENFP.  I'm an extrovert, but I like to be on my own sometimes with my own thoughts.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 01:22:24 PM »
I am an introvert. I am only social with people I am particularly close friends with and even then I tend to make friends that like to stay in and watch anime or play video games.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »
Totally depends on the crowd. I am a total extrovert when I feel comfortable.  But if I'm among strangers you almost have to force me to talk to people.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
I warm up quite slowly... I also often get talked over when I finally have something to say, so I rather don't take part in conversations...

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

popyduggan

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »
Introvert, although I don't try to be. I love my few friends from work and they're really just acquaintances because after work is over, I am dead to the world(present company excluded).

I think it has a lot to do with americans being apprehensive about approaching each other irl.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 02:23:50 PM »
Very introverted. I'm Fluttershy's clone IRL :blush:
My Wish List

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
I'm very introvert and extremly shy, not as much as when I was a teen and hardly spoke to any classmate outside of my group of friends (and in Sweden the same people go the the same classes together and have the same subjects together all the time, meaning I saw most of them for six to seven hours a day all day without speaking a word to some of them for three years), but I am very shy and prefer to be on my own. I do however have a very social job and when needed I can be very extrovert, not being afraid to tell a group of teenage boys to put their act together for example, which has gotten me into a managing position. I also managed to get some friends through the work who drag me out to do things so I'm slowly learning to be social outside of work as well.

Eaglefeather

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »
I can identify with quite a few of you here. I'm a mostly a shy introvert, but I can be more open around my friends and people I know well.

This may sound a little sad, but I would rather stay in my room and watch T.V. rather than go to the prom or big parties. I get nervous around people and slightly panic and stumble on my words when talking to them. I don't know about you guys, but I feel scared even checking out at a store (because of the clerks), writing emails, going to the doctor/dentist, talking to teachers or people at church, etc. I love to babysit, but I find it hard because I worry that the kids will think I'm weird or something. So I become shy around them. And you know how the workers in mall stores come right up to you and ask you if you need anything when you walk in the store? Yeah I get tense and nervous when that happens, even if they are just asking a simple question. Just being transparent here!  :blush:

Anyway, I try to smile a little more to make up for my shyness. And believe me, if I wasn't shy, I would probably be out more in the world. I love being with the people who I know well!  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal