collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 40844 times)

papier

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #645 on: April 02, 2013, 03:23:14 PM »
Sorry to abruptly change the subject, but is the werecat 3-pack still showing up in North America? I've not seen it in the UK at all and I'm just hoping I won't have to wait half a year for it to turn up, or not turn up at all as the case may be (I've only just started seeing Jinafire on my TRU's shelves. Luckily I managed to buy her from the US just before Christmas or I'd have been waiting all this time). I'd happily buy a set deboxed from someone in this community who is maybe looking to add to their positive feedback.

Oh and naturally I've heard nothing back from the idiot on ebay whose child bought my Spectra -__- I want ebay to blacklist their address entirely, but apparently that punishment is disproportionate to the crime as there is no option to have them do this. XD

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 02, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
I actually sometimes feel like they make her look really young with the obnoxious amounts of pink, all the ruffles and frills and the double pigtails. Her character always acts all sweet and innocent like a child. I think all that is what we're used to seeing for her and i think that's why she looks so mature now.

I'm not saying any of that in a negative way, just pointing out things I've noticed. But I will not be getting either of these dolls.

To me it's just the right amount of pink, not obnoxious at all :lol: And the ruffles and frills and pigtails are referencing lolita fashion, which I love. Lolita style doesn't necessarily = childish ;) I do think her new outfit is really cute too, and I'd like to get it for one of my dolls--just not Lala, heh. I prefer my Lalas to be even more lolita than they are, not less, lol XD But as long as we keep getting some Lalas like her Diener version, I'm good :D

Yes! I love how monochromatic she is. Black, pink, and white is just a perfect color scheme to me (second to black and purple!), and the more gothic and/or lolita she looks, the better. I adore it.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 02, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »
I actually sometimes feel like they make her look really young with the obnoxious amounts of pink, all the ruffles and frills and the double pigtails. Her character always acts all sweet and innocent like a child. I think all that is what we're used to seeing for her and i think that's why she looks so mature now.

I'm not saying any of that in a negative way, just pointing out things I've noticed. But I will not be getting either of these dolls.

To me it's just the right amount of pink, not obnoxious at all :lol: And the ruffles and frills and pigtails are referencing lolita fashion, which I love. Lolita style doesn't necessarily = childish ;) I do think her new outfit is really cute too, and I'd like to get it for one of my dolls--just not Lala, heh. I prefer my Lalas to be even more lolita than they are, not less, lol XD But as long as we keep getting some Lalas like her Diener version, I'm good :D

Yes! I love how monochromatic she is. Black, pink, and white is just a perfect color scheme to me (second to black and purple!), and the more gothic and/or lolita she looks, the better. I adore it.

*gothloli fistbump*  :biggrin:

**dont cry wallet...we will make it through....until something new comes out** CRY!! why are there so many awesome dolls coming out this year!!

I feel you. I decided to skip the Heath+Abbey pack and get I Love Shoes Cleo instead. I have to watch my money since I need the Dance Class 5-Pack just for stupid Gil x__x

I'd split the pack with you (or with anyone who wants only Gil) because I just want DC Rochelle!  ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Frankie Stein

« Reply #648 on: April 02, 2013, 05:29:36 PM »
CAM question! Does anyone know how to get that 'smell' out of the CAMs head... Kinda a rubbery latex smell... I have some new CAMS and the smell is driving me insane :P Ive tried letting them air out for a week tried soap and water... Anyone else have this problem... Or found a solution :D ?

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #649 on: April 02, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »
woo new dollies!  Like these girls, but will probably pass. too many new dolls to get this year!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 02, 2013, 07:31:59 PM »
Does anyone know how to take off legs? I want to take the legs off one of my extra Swim Lagoonas so I can put her in the Siren tail, but I'm struggling to take off her legs. D:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 02, 2013, 08:47:23 PM »
*gothloli fistbump*  :biggrin:
Can I join in on the gothloli fistbump?

I really like both of these I<3 shoes dolls. Though I do wish that they would stop putting yellow on Lala. Really now guys? Why do you guys think yellow looks good with pink? Ugh.... I love her little retro 50's ish look though. And Cleo's outfit and hair are just to die for.

I'd LOVE to see Lala in an actual lolita outfit though, and not just lolita inspired stuff. I think it'd be really cute. The closest she's come is the Sweet 1600 outfit (which really had a bit more of a Gal look to it with her hair) and the School's Out Lala/Clawd 2-pack, which once more had yellow in it and was really more inspired than anything.

And BowTie, there's a girl who did a tutorial for twinning MH dolls on Tumblr that showed that you just have to pull the leg back and snip the peg with some wire cutters or something similar. I don't know if that'll work with the Siren tail though, since I haven't even taken my Siren out of her package yet. >.>
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:49:10 PM by eristell_neko »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 02, 2013, 08:57:15 PM »
I'd LOVE to see Lala in an actual lolita outfit though, and not just lolita inspired stuff. I think it'd be really cute. The closest she's come is the Sweet 1600 outfit (which really had a bit more of a Gal look to it with her hair) and the School's Out Lala/Clawd 2-pack, which once more had yellow in it and was really more inspired than anything.

I'd love to see Draculaura in an actual lolita outfit as well. <3 I'm a sucker for the gothic lolita style. xD
Monster High is now in Japan, right? I think it would be neat if there was a special Draculaura that wore either a Gothic Lolita or Sweet Lolita outfit, even if it ended up being a Japan exclusive (....which I totally hope doesn't happen. xD)
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 02, 2013, 09:01:16 PM »

I'd love to see Draculaura in an actual lolita outfit as well. <3 I'm a sucker for the gothic lolita style. xD
Monster High is now in Japan, right? I think it would be neat if there was a special Draculaura that wore either a Gothic Lolita or Sweet Lolita outfit, even if it ended up being a Japan exclusive (....which I totally hope doesn't happen. xD)

Oh my... I hope they never make a Japan exclusive doll. It's difficult enough from EU and Aussie people to get a hold of some of the store exclusives we have in the US... Just imagine if there was a Japan exclusive? Especially because it'd wind up being super expensive for EVERYONE. I love some of the Japanese dolls like Takara Jenny/Licca, Pullip and Blythe, but even Jenny and Licca who are playline dolls like Barbie and MH are super expensive to import. ;.;

Offline sakuralu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:09 PM »
CAM question! Does anyone know how to get that 'smell' out of the CAMs head... Kinda a rubbery latex smell... I have some new CAMS and the smell is driving me insane :P Ive tried letting them air out for a week tried soap and water... Anyone else have this problem... Or found a solution :D ?

I have a solution that I use when I do some painting craft maybe you can use it

My best friend is.. onion :D It's trully magical.

Take 1 or 2 onion, cut them to open them et see their chair. Put them in a bowl, place in a table next to your Cam head and open the window to air
Let stand for few hours or better, an entire night

After ça, if it works, no bad smell o/ Because onions absorb the smell. The room smells a little onion on the other side but it disappear quicly if you remove the bowl :p

People do that a lot when they must paint an entire room so maybe it can workd with your problem

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 02, 2013, 11:06:01 PM »

Oh my... I hope they never make a Japan exclusive doll. It's difficult enough from EU and Aussie people to get a hold of some of the store exclusives we have in the US... Just imagine if there was a Japan exclusive? Especially because it'd wind up being super expensive for EVERYONE. I love some of the Japanese dolls like Takara Jenny/Licca, Pullip and Blythe, but even Jenny and Licca who are playline dolls like Barbie and MH are super expensive to import. ;.;

Oh how I'd looove a full-on sweet/goth lolita Lala... as long as she wasn't a blasted exclusive!  :P She'd look gorgeous. I think her PD skirt is even more lolita than her S1600 one, if it had a petticoat, plus the PD headbow... and I thought 2.0 was super cute too, but so short I can see when her tights sag in the crotch... :blink:

Something like this custom Vivcore/Vivienne Wormwood did. Or like this Meta jsk, but with some black. And with hair like this split wig. There, I just created my dream Lala! :nod:

*group gothloli fistbump* :lol:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 03, 2013, 12:15:18 AM »
I would ADORE a goth loli Draculaura! Confession time... Because I used to dress that way. I was goth loli all the way for a good long while, nowadays just a nerd with pink hair. I think her Forbitten love outfit, except the fugly tights is very goth loli. I wouldn't mind a version of her that was really designed that way.

Papier: that is just really annoying! Honestly that sounded really iffy to begin with to me. I mean, honestly, why would a boy buy a Spectra if he had free reign of eBay? I'd think a kid doing that without his parents knowing would get something a bit different than a doll? I think the buyer just got buyer's remorse and is trying to wiggle out of the transaction with you.

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #657 on: April 03, 2013, 12:30:34 AM »
I just had a really weird dream about the Monster High ghouls on Guide Camp.

I don't know why.

Honestly that sounded really iffy to begin with to me. I mean, honestly, why would a boy buy a Spectra if he had free reign of eBay? I'd think a kid doing that without his parents knowing would get something a bit different than a doll?

Seconding this. Also, I can't imagine a kid going through all the crap to make an ebay account when their parent was apparently okay with buying it for them in the first place.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 03, 2013, 05:19:19 AM »
Not sure if this'll be of an interest to non-UK members, but I was just checking Smyths Toys' website and it looks like Draculaura's roadster is now exclusive to Smyths (instead of Tesco like before): http://www.smythstoys.com/monster-high-192sc/monster-high-draculaura-with-car-128066itm.aspx

Also, they have the new Dead Tired dolls listed (not sure if they're in stock anywhere yet, though), so they should be out soon! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Shahaila

« Reply #659 on: April 03, 2013, 06:32:13 AM »
[/quote]
I would love to see Jenifire in a really fancy kimono dress.  I have seen some of the kimono dresses people have made for the custom dolls, but I think with the oriental flare Jenifire has it would be really cool on her, but leaving her hair down.  Don't want a Geisha Jenifire, but I would love to see her in a fancy Kimono dress  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal