collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 40851 times)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #630 on: April 02, 2013, 08:57:25 AM »
Draculaura has been around for a long time and I think it's natural that she would grab older stuff from her closet, that she wore in previous decades. The style she is sporting on her I love Shoes style is something that young people wore in the 50's and 60's and it wasn't cpnsidered too mature then.

I actually sort of think that Scarah dresses a bit too old. I can't put my finger on why I think so, but it just feels like she does.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 02, 2013, 08:59:48 AM »
Lala's pink bat ones are her DDG ones:) I personally don't mind recasts esp since some of the shoes came on exclusives originally (and it's a good way to save money on Mattel's part) but I figured they would include at least *one* original pair! Skipping out on painting details was being flat out lazy as well :razz:

Ah! The DDG 3-pack is one of the few sets I haven't had. Thanks, didn't realize that :)

I'm guessing the I <3 Shoes line will be exclusive, like the I <3 Fashion line. The exclusives are where they tend to use recast/no paint. Personally, I don't mind. I'm more bugged by Catrine and the upcoming Catty than I am about these shoes :P

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 02, 2013, 09:06:18 AM »
Monster High Dolls posted this doll on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=572908526075826&set=a.222741554425860.63730.215479355152080&type=1&theater

Probably I <3 Shoes Lala!  ^.^ She's SO pretty!

And here's a picture of here and Cleo:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=511291065594182&set=a.491276300928992.109104.491273814262574&type=1&theater

I'm not really liking Cleo's hair.... :huh:

Those are so cute-  I am going to try and resist Draculara- but Cleo is SO CUTE!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 02, 2013, 09:46:09 AM »
i really like Lala's outfit, and i love Cleo's hair! both are very cute!

jennovazombie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #634 on: April 02, 2013, 09:53:46 AM »
Gosh both sets are cute! Too bad I told hubby I didn't need any more dolls. >.<

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 02, 2013, 11:21:55 AM »
Sprinkles, Cleo usually looks good with short hair but I can understand your thinking. I'd have to see her in person. I like Lala's cape but I don't get the rest of the outfit. Cleo's seems to be some sort of harem playsuit which is interesting...Lala's shoes are gore-geous, whereas Cleo's are only okay. :(

Wow, we have totally opposite opinions on these dolls! XD  I love Draculaura's look except for the cape, and I dig pretty much everything about that Cleo, though I'm not totally sold on the haircut. 

I gotta say, I've never been interested in any of the Cleo dolls before, but I'm gonna have to get this one.  And hey, if y'all who don't like Lala's outfit want to sell me her skirt, that'd be awesome.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #636 on: April 02, 2013, 11:28:09 AM »
I'm really hoping that Draclauras hands do not have the molded glove look to them like the other gloves have had, but even if they do, I will totally buy an extra one of her just to give her hands to Catrine, and Ill buy some hands from mattel for her. I really dislike Catrine's gloves.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #637 on: April 02, 2013, 12:28:03 PM »
I like Lala's outfit but I wish they'd used some different shoe molds.  This is the third time for the ones with the heart heels, I think.
third for the pink ones with the heart heel, and fourth for the black ones she is wearing in the stock photo....its kinda ridiculous! at least its only the 2nd release for the other 2 Lala shoes and all 4 Cleo shoes.
and why do they insist on giving Lala yellow? yellow and pink together....bah.

I will need all the shoes. ALL THE SHOES!!!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 02, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »
I actually sometimes feel like they make her look really young with the obnoxious amounts of pink, all the ruffles and frills and the double pigtails. Her character always acts all sweet and innocent like a child. I think all that is what we're used to seeing for her and i think that's why she looks so mature now.

I'm not saying any of that in a negative way, just pointing out things I've noticed. But I will not be getting either of these dolls.

To me it's just the right amount of pink, not obnoxious at all :lol: And the ruffles and frills and pigtails are referencing lolita fashion, which I love. Lolita style doesn't necessarily = childish ;) I do think her new outfit is really cute too, and I'd like to get it for one of my dolls--just not Lala, heh. I prefer my Lalas to be even more lolita than they are, not less, lol XD But as long as we keep getting some Lalas like her Diener version, I'm good :D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:00:44 PM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 02, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »

Must.
Get.
Cleo.

I second this. This is the Cleo I've been waiting for!
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

WildLace

« Reply #640 on: April 02, 2013, 01:52:37 PM »
That Lala and Cleo are amazing!!!! They are so added to my want list....which is almost everything that is going to be released this year  :yikes:

**dont cry wallet...we will make it through....until something new comes out** CRY!! why are there so many awesome dolls coming out this year!!

Shahaila

« Reply #641 on: April 02, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »
**dont cry wallet...we will make it through....until something new comes out** CRY!! why are there so many awesome dolls coming out this year!!
Because there is demand LOL ... supply and demand a vicious circle it is  :lol:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #642 on: April 02, 2013, 02:09:02 PM »
The I <3 shoe dolls, particularly Draculaura, look aimed for a more adult audience, or is it just me?

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 02, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »
I like Lala's outfit but I wish they'd used some different shoe molds.  This is the third time for the ones with the heart heels, I think.
third for the pink ones with the heart heel, and fourth for the black ones she is wearing in the stock photo....its kinda ridiculous! at least its only the 2nd release for the other 2 Lala shoes and all 4 Cleo shoes.
and why do they insist on giving Lala yellow? yellow and pink together....bah.

Yeah, it's like Lala's stock gets recycled the most. Cleo seems to be the much better choice considering she comes with non-fashion pack shoe recasts, DotD jewelry and her sister's purse.

About the yellow... I'm much more irritated by I Love Fashion Clawdeen's yellow accs. Her color is gold not yellow. Her shoes look like rain boots. Fugly.

I feel you. I decided to skip the Heath+Abbey pack and get I Love Shoes Cleo instead. I have to watch my money since I need the Dance Class 5-Pack just for stupid Gil x__x

Must.
Get.
Cleo.

I second this. This is the Cleo I've been waiting for!

I said this about Scaris Cleo, but now a challenger has appeared! :lol:

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 02, 2013, 02:49:28 PM »
The I <3 shoe dolls, particularly Draculaura, look aimed for a more adult audience, or is it just me?
I agree with you on DLs outfit indeed, def seems aimed at adult collectorss...and yet the Cleo, to me, seems the opposite, like her outfit seems unrealistic

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal