collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 41025 times)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #615 on: April 01, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »
I like that Draculaura, but it looks like she has the "glove" hands. I'm not a fan of any of the dolls with gloved hands because there's no option to take them off. It's also disappointing to see the shoes are all just reused molds.

Ahh...I think you might be right..I see it now. Her hands look white. It suits the outfit she's wearing, rethinking buying multiples of her now.

If your worried about the gloves get replacement hands from mattel... simple as that... or buy a couple of the scaris basic lala's and switch the hands out and cutomize or sell the remaining pieces..

Yeah, I thought about that. But that'll just end up costing more, which isn't really worth it to me.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 01, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »
I have a lala right now that is sitting here... so when this one comes out maybe we can trade ;)

animal_lover

« Reply #617 on: April 01, 2013, 08:14:08 PM »
To much work and extra money for a doll that's already going to cost at least $20. Just buying replacement hands isn't really a big deal. But buying a doll just to completely redo it I don't really understand. But that's just me. *shrugs*

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #618 on: April 01, 2013, 09:16:40 PM »
I am IN LOVE with the I :heart: shoes Cleo and Lala. Their outfits are AMAZING and I'm wild about Cleo's hair!!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 01, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »
*sigh* I'm standing in front of both of the new cams but has no money...:( one of each too...

noooo I have to leave them behind...for now...>=D
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 02, 2013, 02:09:25 AM »
To everyone who wants that Lala but doesn't like the gloved hands: I'd happily trade hands with you! I think Lala with white gloves looks cute, but I probably won't be getting this doll.

aroa678

« Reply #621 on: April 02, 2013, 04:32:30 AM »
I love both! It´s the first time I like all of draculaura; fashion style, hair, face... I don´t really mind the glove hands, by the way.
And for Cleo... I think her hair is stunning!
They are a must have to me. Love them.

Offline kurojaki

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 02, 2013, 04:42:19 AM »
ME WANTS!!!! I WANT BOTH!!!! :biggrin:

animal_lover

« Reply #623 on: April 02, 2013, 05:05:36 AM »
I actually surprisingly love everything about this draculaura! I love her hair, her make up, and most of all LOVING her outfit and the fact there's no black and pink! I don't think she looks to old at all. She looks age appropriate. I actually sometimes feel like they make her look really young with the obnoxious amounts of pink, all the ruffles and frills and the double pigtails. Her character always acts all sweet and innocent like a child. I think all that is what we're used to seeing for her and i think that's why she looks so mature now.

I'm not saying any of that in a negative way, just pointing out things I've noticed. But I will not be getting either of these dolls.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 02, 2013, 06:22:36 AM »
I loke the idea of Lala having gloved hands. That makes her deliciously retro and stylish. She looks like she's dressed in a 50'ish or 60'ish kind of style and the gloves fit right in. I also love Cleo's look to bits!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 02, 2013, 06:58:35 AM »
I love the idea of Lala having gloved hands. That makes her deliciously retro and stylish. She looks like she's dressed in a 50'ish or 60'ish kind of style and the gloves fit right in. I also love Cleo's look to bits!

Agreed!
The colors seem to be a callback to earlier Lala releases like 2.0 and Gloom Beach and her pencil skirt is so very lovely! It's a little odd how some people find her too old looking (not that this opinion is wrong or anything), but Scarah Screams is supposed to be 15 (younger than Lala, who is 16 in vampire years), wears mostly 60s retro chic like this Lala here and I have never seen anyone complain about her looking "old" o,o

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 02, 2013, 07:20:35 AM »
Nice dolls.. but I can do without. ^^
Lala/Cleo are probably some of my least favourite dolls since they look too human.. this release doesn't help much.. xD;
I like Cleo's outfit, but can probably buy it loose on ebay. :>

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 02, 2013, 07:24:37 AM »
I love the idea of Lala having gloved hands. That makes her deliciously retro and stylish. She looks like she's dressed in a 50'ish or 60'ish kind of style and the gloves fit right in. I also love Cleo's look to bits!

Agreed!
The colors seem to be a callback to earlier Lala releases like 2.0 and Gloom Beach and her pencil skirt is so very lovely! It's a little odd how some people find her too old looking (not that this opinion is wrong or anything), but Scarah Screams is supposed to be 15 (younger than Lala, who is 16 in vampire years), wears mostly 60s retro chic like this Lala here and I have never seen anyone complain about her looking "old" o,o

Personally, I adore this version of Lala. But her outfit is definitely more of a "vintage" look than Scarah's. The pencil skirt and capelet are things one associates with an older time period; mid-50s to early 60s, and worn by secretaries or proper ladies. The go-go boots and other items Scarah wears are more of a "youth explosion" feel to them.

I know a lot of people aren't liking the re-cast shoes, but I feel that they were good choices; and if I'm not mistaken, the pink bat-wing ones are a new mold. I hope they continue with this line, like they seem to be doing with I <3 Fashion.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 02, 2013, 08:10:01 AM »
Lala's pink bat ones are her DDG ones:) I personally don't mind recasts esp since some of the shoes came on exclusives originally (and it's a good way to save money on Mattel's part) but I figured they would include at least *one* original pair! Skipping out on painting details was being flat out lazy as well :razz:

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 02, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »
Skipping out on painting details was being flat out lazy as well :razz:

I actually don't mind that either. This way I save on acetone ;)
I usually love to paint the details in myself. It's fun!

PS: Can you tell I'm just all around pleased with this Cleo? ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal