collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Info on these?  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Re: Info on these?
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2013, 11:35:08 AM »
Well, the third set of these just showed up.  I am starting to get excited that these might actually be released.

Any thoughts on the fact that all three sets so far have come from the same seller?

That's what me and Unicorn_pops were discussing as well. Mrs. Cake and Baby Molasses, who were made after these, are flooding in from Taobao and a ton of eBay sellers, but these were made earlier, and we've only seen a few. Even Ditzy Doo came in from a few sellers, but so far we've only seen 3 sets from this one seller, not even on Taobao.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2013, 11:49:55 AM »
Well, the third set of these just showed up.  I am starting to get excited that these might actually be released.

Any thoughts on the fact that all three sets so far have come from the same seller?

That's what me and Unicorn_pops were discussing as well. Mrs. Cake and Baby Molasses, who were made after these, are flooding in from Taobao and a ton of eBay sellers, but these were made earlier, and we've only seen a few. Even Ditzy Doo came in from a few sellers, but so far we've only seen 3 sets from this one seller, not even on Taobao.

Zecora was a special edition pony and only showed up in small doses as well. In fact, I only remember a few of them appearing on Taobao and ebay at first, and these were only the error ones. Maybe the smaller amounts indicate that they are a smaller run, and maybe are special edition. Or maybe they are just better at keeping the secrets this time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2013, 12:05:56 PM »

Zecora was a special edition pony and only showed up in small doses as well. In fact, I only remember a few of them appearing on Taobao and ebay at first, and these were only the error ones. Maybe the smaller amounts indicate that they are a smaller run, and maybe are special edition. Or maybe they are just better at keeping the secrets this time.
Hm, that's good to know then. I got a Pinkie off eBay, but I really hope they are released so I can get a Wysteria.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2013, 12:50:05 PM »
Huzzah!!  Come on Hasbro, momma needs some sparkly ponies:).  These are adorable, and I so loves me some glitter. :lol:

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2013, 04:32:39 PM »

Yes I second this thought...there are some ponies which got store releases but turned up on Taobao in limited numbers. Starbeam Twinkle and Sweetie Swirl, while available were not in stock with as many sellers or in as large quantities as many others.

I will continue to hope they get a release but I dont think I ll be stunned if they turn out to not be released. And instead Wysteria is simply the next unicorn in our now "main 5" playful ponies waves.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »
yeah there weren't many sweetie swirls in taobao, and the amount of star swirls I saw was limited too

anyway

people, how do you find those ponies on ebay?? like, what do you write on the search tab?
because writing "my little pony G4 rare/prototypes/anything like that" has helped me find them ;n;
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2013, 06:39:33 PM »
I don't know how these sellers get ahold of these items so I don't know what to think about the fact that only one seller seems to have them.  However, I think the fact that this seller is selling only on Ebay and not on Taoboa simply shows that we have a seller who is very informed about what is selling well on Ebay.  They clearly know that they will get more money by selling them directly to the collectors on Ebay rather than on Taobao.  Also look at how the seller only sells one set at a time rather than just listing everything he has at once.  He knows he will get more money that way.  For all we know, he could be sitting on a 100 of these ponies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2013, 03:03:33 AM »
I don't know how these sellers get ahold of these items so I don't know what to think about the fact that only one seller seems to have them.  However, I think the fact that this seller is selling only on Ebay and not on Taoboa simply shows that we have a seller who is very informed about what is selling well on Ebay.  They clearly know that they will get more money by selling them directly to the collectors on Ebay rather than on Taobao.  Also look at how the seller only sells one set at a time rather than just listing everything he has at once.  He knows he will get more money that way.  For all we know, he could be sitting on a 100 of these ponies.

Very true. Ebay works very different from Taobao as we know. On Taobao you will get a "stock" total and be able to watch the number of items sold. Even if there is some looseness in the accuracy of that total sometimes. On ebay ists up to the seller as to how much and what they sell at one time.

Perhaps the seller is sitting on a stack of them...only time will tell I guess.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2013, 07:13:01 AM »
I mean it's obvious there are some very clear levels of knowledgeability. In general the sellers on ebay seem to know what they have a little bit better, but there's still a range there too. I know one seller who lists each pony by name, even fan names, so they clearly keep up with things really well, and on the other hand there's a seller who literally lists EVERYTHING as "MLP FIM BLIND BAG!!" lol. There's a downside there though, the less knowledageble seller just lists a ton at a low price, the more knowledgeable seller tends to auction just one and if it sells well, jumps her prices really high  :huh: so we really have nooo idea how many there actually are for sale when they're listed one at a time.

I think the fact that we're seeing Wysteria at all is a good indicator of their release. If they were just tests, it seems unlikely they would branch outside the mane six and take the time to design a whole new pony. Creating prototypes is expensive and generally not something you do all willy nilly. You have to have a real interest in it going forward. With all the versions and characters we've seen now in that glitter form I think the chances are good we're getting an eventual release.

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2013, 08:58:21 AM »
I always loved the colour scheme on Wysteria, but never got her ... please Hasbro, let me have her as a G4 instead!
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2013, 09:34:15 AM »
Just wanted to point out too that my Wysteria had the glitter over the eyes and now these last two listed do not? So maybe we will see them as a release since changes have been made? I'm hoping to see all the glitters packaged in a set together :)

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2013, 09:50:19 AM »
I really hope so.  I would buy all main six again for the glitter variants.  Wisteria is one of my favorite g3s.  Her colors and symbol are perfect. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2013, 09:52:27 AM »
I love the Wysteria.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »

a few time ago I proposed this idea on the forum, but not many people believed on the posibility , not saying that wysteria or the glitter pinkie were the ones I mentioned, as I just proposed that one day some chinese seller would do this, and as I said that time, the starting price of the auction would be the same, because they clearly know that the price would end up quite high
and you can see they have kept the price (or around the same)
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »
Oh wow- the seller has a bunch-  I guess they will release the glitter ponies after all!  I'm super happy about that- so glad I didn't break the bank on the first couple who have come through, tantalizing us

Oh- also-  if these pop up on Taobao and someone sees them-  could you get a set for me?  :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:29:02 PM by Galactica »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal