collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Info on these?  (Read 3754 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Info on these?
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2013, 02:46:28 PM »
Where are you seeing that Galactica? o.O

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2013, 01:46:47 PM »
Where are you seeing that Galactica? o.O

Well "a bunch" is probably not accurate- hehe

but I count 2 clear Wysteria ponies (although I thought there were 3) and four clear pinkies so far- (one ended a few minutes ago) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasbro-My-Little-Pony-Glitter-Sparkle-Pink-color-one-Loose-as-shown-/230968184249?autorefresh=true&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=KqM0qxHpz5Y9Z8c2IKTnyM6FFvU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc  She seems to be putting up one or two a week, so we never know when it will be the last!

I am dying to see if she lists any more tomorrow.  Given that there have been two pinkies now and no more Wysteria ponies- she may have run out of Wysteria... but how many more Pinkies?   It is interesting that no other seller including Taobao sellers seem to have these- but like a few have pointed out, some ponies never did hit Taobao very hard if at all. 

I wish we knew what relation the Wysteria/Pinkie have to those other limited runs of crystal/clear ponies.  Were they all part the same limited run?  Are these updated versions that will actually be released now? 

They are so cute that it seems crazy that we won't see some kind of crystal/clear pony eventually- a set would be pretty fun... 

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
Sara-bee has a set that she purchased directly from the seller so you can add one more to each. I'd love to see a glitter/translucent set released but still just curious where wysteria fits in?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:18:42 PM by Unicorn_pops »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2013, 01:54:23 PM »
I dont think they can be related directly exactly as the same production. The clear/glitter ponies which we saw several months ago had production dates right at the start of the line and these newest ones are January if I remember correctly. So they could certainly be a second or third or forth attempt at the same concept or they could be a brand new angle.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2013, 02:30:20 PM »
The seller just put up another one... Where will it end...?

I dont think they can be related directly exactly as the same production. The clear/glitter ponies which we saw several months ago had production dates right at the start of the line and these newest ones are January if I remember correctly. So they could certainly be a second or third or forth attempt at the same concept or they could be a brand new angle.

You are right and I just realized that they look really different too.
These are either going to be way limited (like the handful of Frosted Fluttershys and Raritys that we saw back in 2012)  (was there another besides these two?)

(from http://mlpg4merch.tumblr.com/post/27560116819/translucent-ponies-just-old-prototypes)

Or they are the fore-runners of the design that they finally worked out - and will be mass produced. 

These recent ones also look a LOT like the current glittery blind bags-  with glitter on the outside rather than internalized like the Fluttershy above.

For your comparing pleasure!
 (from the same site above) visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  (the pony on ebay)
(from ebay)

I will feel a bit stupid for buying one of the Pinkies if it turns out these are mass produced- but I will still be happy because I do want the entire set :D

Although now after searching on the web- it appears that glittery AJ actually appeared the first time in late 2012-  and there was this Pinkie too...
 (from [link removed ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat])

Ah the mysteries...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:47:49 AM by hathorcat »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2013, 08:50:15 AM »
I wouldnt feel stupid about buying her even if she turns out to be a release. Way back when Minty first appeared people giggled at the money being spend to pick her up on ebay...until a couple of us pointed out that there was no guarantee she was going to be a released pony so perhaps she wasnt worth the $5 everyone suggested but actually the $300+ she was selling for.

You never know...even if we do get any kind of release along these lines there is no guarantee it will be the same. Taobao is a gamble...you win some times and you loose other times. And as long as you love her, then at least if she is released you can claim to be one of the first to own them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2013, 11:03:34 AM »
I don't care one bit if I spent to much on the wysteria or pinkie. I love'd them and got them. If more are produced, I'll buy them again in packages. :) And I think, the numbers from my two that I provided, I was told they were made in Dec. 2012

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal