collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your Monster Highs!  (Read 6106 times)

Shahaila

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Show me your Monster Highs!
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2013, 09:08:02 AM »
I don't play with the dolls, i just like to look at them, so it's fine. People usually go all "why don't you open them?!" on me, but I'm glad some people at least see this as a good thing  :lol:
Most of mine do not get played with simply displayed and admired, but I have to confess that I have found some MH dolls irresistible to play with like my Skelita who's clothes I change on a regular basis  :lol:  At my age I never thought I would be playing dolls, but YAY to my inner child LOL  :lol:

Offline Okami_Amaterasu

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • La Luz de Meridiam
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »

Shahaila

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2013, 11:02:11 AM »
The mine is here:  http://mylittleponyokamiamaterasu.jimdo.com/monster-high/
You have a beautiful collection.  Your custom dolls are gorgeous.

animal_lover

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2013, 12:15:10 PM »
Thanks Shahaila! But I must admit I do have a de-boxed Scaris Ghoulia. I forgot to take a picture of her but I was just playing with her yesterday! I also want to get doubles of one version(we'll see how long that lasts  :lol:) of each of my favorite ghouls so I can de-box one and play with it. I still plan on keeping the boxes though for when I go to sell my collection one day.  :lol:

@ Poney M : I also collect G1 Littlest Pet Shop and I totally agree with you about preserving the history and finding it interesting to see what the packaging looked like and such. I'm actually really anal about keep LPS mint. I'm also a member at the LPS forum and I cringe when I hear about people opening sets. Especially if they're rare because that's all I really like to collect. Rare, mint sets. That sounds really selfish but whatever. At least I'm honest! Lol 

Poney M

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2013, 12:35:10 PM »
^I can't handle people opening vintage packages, I think it's just selfish, and not you feeling bad about it. There's loads of loose toys out there, but the MIB ones are rare, and even rarer if people keep opening them. As a collector I constantly need to compete with people who buy the same vintage stuff and open them, and I feel almost the need to rescue those poor toys that are still in their original packages  :cry:

I personally don't have many MIB ponies (only G4), but I decided from the very beginning that the dolls will be. I also have some MIB Teeny Tiny Families from the 90s and some Ponywear :) Even the clothes somehow look better MIB  :blush: (Again, I have nothing against people opening new stuff.)

animal_lover

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2013, 12:48:55 PM »
^I can't handle people opening vintage packages, I think it's just selfish, and not you feeling bad about it. There's loads of loose toys out there, but the MIB ones are rare, and even rarer if people keep opening them. As a collector I constantly need to compete with people who buy the same vintage stuff and open them, and I feel almost the need to rescue those poor toys that are still in their original packages  :cry:

I personally don't have many MIB ponies (only G4), but I decided from the very beginning that the dolls will be. I also have some MIB Teeny Tiny Families from the 90s and some Ponywear :) Even the clothes somehow look better MIB  :blush: (Again, I have nothing against people opening new stuff.)

OMG! Thank you! I thought I was the only one!

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »
I used to be strictly MIB collector, but recently I deboxed all my ghouls and oddly I haven't regretted it at all. I understand the allure and appeal of MIB collecting. The collectible keeps its value very well, but I am weak and the temptation is great  :)

animal_lover

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2013, 01:19:24 PM »
Temptation to open them isn't really an issue for me unless I really LOVE them. But then I'll just get doubles so I can open one!

faunabay

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2013, 08:13:19 PM »
The mine is here:  http://mylittleponyokamiamaterasu.jimdo.com/monster-high/
I WANT your Minerva!!   They're all gorgeous but I adore her!!  Beautiful collection Okami.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2013, 10:55:55 PM »
Animal_lover: lik I said, you are a stronger person than I! :biggrin: Teach me this thing called... uh... self-control :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »
i understand mib Collections because the boxes are very nice but i dont have the space and i just want to have them without boxes.
same with all i collect =)

animal_lover

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2013, 03:15:55 AM »
Animal_lover: lik I said, you are a stronger person than I! :biggrin: Teach me this thing called... uh... self-control :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahaha! I'd say its more being REALLY anal about keeping everything mint than self control, but thanks!  :biggrin:

I've only been collecting for 2 months and I already have all those dolls. And that doesn't even include what I bought for sales/trades! I think the total spent is up to about $400 now, and I don't even have a job! Tell me again about all the self control I have?  :lol:

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2013, 03:26:33 PM »

Hahahaha! I'd say its more being REALLY anal about keeping everything mint than self control, but thanks!  :biggrin:

I've only been collecting for 2 months and I already have all those dolls. And that doesn't even include what I bought for sales/trades! I think the total spent is up to about $400 now, and I don't even have a job! Tell me again about all the self control I have?  :lol:

Seriously? And you're bragging about that? Insane.

animal_lover

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2013, 04:01:12 PM »
I wasn't bragging. If anything I'm doing the exact opposite, acknowledging a flaw in myself. I was just simply pointing out that I don't have as much self control as she thinks.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2013, 05:30:56 PM »
It certainly reads as you bragging. In fact it's all over the forum. If you have no job don't you think just maybe you should stop? What are you going to do when there's no more money. Food and shelter are requirements, dolls are not. When you've exhausted your funds don't come here whining you can't pay your bills. No one is going to feel sorry for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal