collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you see?  (Read 1559 times)

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
What do you see?
« on: March 10, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »
I'm just curious here!  I picked this up earlier today and am personally very happy with these so I'm going to keep them no matter what people say.   :satisfied:   But after hearing that alot of people are seeing Scaris 2 packs with wonk eye and other problems I'm curious.......does anyone see anything they would consider "wrong" with either this Lagoona or Cleo? 
Like I said I'm going to keep them either way so give me your worst!   :P  I'm really trying to educate myself so if I do buy or trade with anyone I can be more comfortable telling them about anything that may not be perfect.  Obviously I do see that Cleo's bangs are not perfect but what about any faceup stuff????
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Seraphia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What do you see?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 02:41:22 PM »
does anyone see anything they would consider "wrong" with either this Lagoona or Cleo?

I think it's totally wrong that this awesome Lagoona doesn't belong to me.  ;) I think she's perfect! Or am I missing something? I'm not so fond of this Cleo, but I can't find any flaws either.

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »
Nothing that's really considered wonky.

faunabay

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »
does anyone see anything they would consider "wrong" with either this Lagoona or Cleo?

I think it's totally wrong that this awesome Lagoona doesn't belong to me.  ;) I think she's perfect! Or am I missing something? I'm not so fond of this Cleo, but I can't find any flaws either.
LOL   I haven't been fond of Lagoona or Cleo.......until this 2 pack.  I really, really like both of them though!!   :inlove:

Nothing that's really considered wonky.
I've just had to REALLY look at some pics where people say there are things wrong and I almost couldn't find anything.   :blush:  So I'm glad to hear you don't see anything really wonky either Foxy.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 03:44:25 PM »
I see lagoona's eye is slightly mid aligned with each other. Not too noticeable, like  one eye is a teeny weeny bit higher than the other, it might not even be there. Her head's slightly tilted, that might be throwing me off, but not too big of a deal, unless you're an extremely REALLY picky person.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

faunabay

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 03:56:22 PM »
I see lagoona's eye is slightly mid aligned with each other. Not too noticeable, like  one eye is a teeny weeny bit higher than the other, it might not even be there. Her head's slightly tilted, that might be throwing me off, but not too big of a deal, unless you're an extremely REALLY picky person.
Lagoona or Cleo's eye?  I see how Cleo's might look off but not Lagoona's???  hmmm...... like I said I'm trying to learn   :P

Years ago when I first started in my video production career I had an editor play a bad edit over and over and I didn't see it for a LONG time.  :rolleyes:  But once I trained my eyes to see bad edits I see them easily now.  So I'm trying to do that here.   :)  But then again you can't see anything that's not there either!  LOL   So if nothings there, nothings there to see.   :P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:00:03 PM by faunabay »

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
I dont particularly see anything wrong either... lol... Apparently I am just not that picky...  :blink:

faunabay

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 04:28:04 PM »
I KNOW I'm not that picky.   :shrug:   :biggrin:   I washed my DC Howleen's hair, changed her clothes a couple of times and still didn't see she had one larger eye AND a small spot inbetween her eyelash and eyebrow until I read someone say that pretty much all the DC Howleen's had eye issues.   :blush:  I pulled her out then and looked really closely and darned if she didn't have those issues.   :P

Post Merge: March 10, 2013, 04:30:56 PM

Oh and for those of you who see these 2 pack signs on the shelves but no dolls.......ask.  I called a TRU I haven't been to because it's quite a long way from me.  The guy I talked to said they had gotten them in on friday but hadn't had a chance to put them out yet.  He was nice enough to put one aside for me since I was making the drive though. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:30:56 PM by faunabay »

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 05:22:50 PM »
I dont particularly see anything wrong either... lol... Apparently I am just not that picky...  :blink:

Pfft you are too!  You sold me a "bad face-up" Catrine, and when I got her, she had a tiny chip out of her nose and a tiny one out of her eyebrow! *teases*
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 06:56:52 PM »

Pfft you are too!  You sold me a "bad face-up" Catrine, and when I got her, she had a tiny chip out of her nose and a tiny one out of her eyebrow! *teases*

Haha... so I am somewhat picky...  :P

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »
Lagoona's the big one to watch for. Her eyes, when off, are OFF. Rochelle has the same issues- the off eye will look a lot smaller because of the way her eyes pop out. Cleo can be the same way- most of the PD ones I've seen have her eyes put on too high, making them smaller.

The way I check eyes, if the issues isn't immediately noticeable, is to tilt the box. Since their eye sockets are sculpted on you can usually catch a highlight on the paint at the top of the eye. See where the paint hits it, and how far from the iris the edge is. Then look at how far the edge is on the other eye. If they look off, you can see it.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 10:17:43 PM »
Lagoona or Cleo's eye?  I see how Cleo's might look off but not Lagoona's???  hmmm...... like I said I'm trying to learn   :P

Years ago when I first started in my video production career I had an editor play a bad edit over and over and I didn't see it for a LONG time.  :rolleyes:  But once I trained my eyes to see bad edits I see them easily now.  So I'm trying to do that here.   :)  But then again you can't see anything that's not there either!  LOL   So if nothings there, nothings there to see.   :P
I meant Lagoona's. Don't beat yourself about it, learning takes practice and with enough practice, you'll be able to spot the most minor detail eventually. :hug:

If you'd like, I can take pictures of some of my ghouls still in their boxes and let you try to figure out what their flaw is. Just as a little practice. :P

Post Merge: March 10, 2013, 10:18:36 PM

The way I check eyes, if the issues isn't immediately noticeable, is to tilt the box. Since their eye sockets are sculpted on you can usually catch a highlight on the paint at the top of the eye. See where the paint hits it, and how far from the iris the edge is. Then look at how far the edge is on the other eye. If they look off, you can see it.
This! I do that sometimes too when I'm not too sure about the eyes. XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 02:06:45 AM »
I'm not good at spotting wonk-eye.  It has to be really off for me to be able to tell.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 05:00:07 AM »

Send this to Mattel QC! Lol!

Beautiful dolls!  They seem flawless to me!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 05:59:09 AM »
They looks fine to me. If their 'eye wonk' needs special training to see, it must not be bad at all :P I wouldn't worry about it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal