collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you see?  (Read 1554 times)

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What do you see?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 08:30:16 AM »
*shrugs*. For a $15-20 toy, I think they're pretty darn amazing.  If these dolls were hand painted, not many of us would be able to afford them.  Considering all the detail that goes into each character, I think Mattel does a terrific job making these dolls both interesting and affordable.
I agree.  There's always going to be flaws on anything you look at..... if you look close enough.  :P I think mattel does an awesome job with the monster high dolls.  If I understand correctly though some people have noticed there are certain dolls where more than a "normal" amount of flaws are found. 

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »
Yeah, I also think one should consider the pricepoint of them. But then again I think that in the 80ties Hasbro did AMAZING with G1.. never saw a flawed one. Unlike today, were several G4 just look crap with their paint peeling off. :<
Companies in general seem to  have gotten cheap. Which is quite sad. :C
That said, as long as I can pick out a doll in stores or have fellow collectors on here pick out the dolls for me, I'm fine. It's just when I order from an online-toystore or ebay that I get the truly picasso-esk ones. LOL

Post Merge: March 14, 2013, 09:26:53 AM

If I understand correctly though some people have noticed there are certain dolls where more than a "normal" amount of flaws are found. 

This, too. Like we, the super-anal-club, has mentioned: We're looking for dolls with an ok/acceptable amount of flaws since we understand those are mass-produced.
I'd take faunabay's girls. They're OK for me.. she was ASKING for every minor flaw, thus I pointed out the misaligned eyes and such, so I mentioned. But my own Scaris Cleo has a mishaped pupil, and I still like her, so.. ^^;

But IMO it's not OK to sell a toy with eyes printed far off the molded dents, or some where you can clearly tell that the face-screening was put on wrong or out of proportion. It's not too much to expect that a doll does not look in two different directions I think. That's what QC is for. ^^(if they had it...... I remember people here finding dolls in store, MIB, that were missing an arm or leg..  >_<Yeah.)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:30:32 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 09:54:41 AM »
I went to big lots yesterday and one of their scaris abbey dolls had the leg snapped off clean at the knee... It looked like a return that no one in the store cared about... She was off the card and all the ties/rubber bands were off... So someone had gotten to her... -.-

Offline bigmlpfan

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Currently offline due to illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 10:46:21 AM »
They look fine to me too  ^.^

bigmlpfan xx

faunabay

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 06:41:35 PM »
I'd take faunabay's girls. They're OK for me.. she was ASKING for every minor flaw, thus I pointed out the misaligned eyes and such, so I mentioned. But my own Scaris Cleo has a mishaped pupil, and I still like her, so.. ^^;

But IMO it's not OK to sell a toy with eyes printed far off the molded dents, or some where you can clearly tell that the face-screening was put on wrong or out of proportion. It's not too much to expect that a doll does not look in two different directions I think. That's what QC is for. ^^(if they had it...... I remember people here finding dolls in store, MIB, that were missing an arm or leg..  >_<Yeah.)
Yep I did!!  I told everyone to give me their WORST!!   :lol: 

And I'm not very picky at all with what I think is acceptable but even I wouldn't want a doll with anything in the face placed absolutely incorrect!! Eyes looking in 2 different directions would NOT be acceptable to me!!   :rofl:   Quality Control is a part of companies for a reason.   :P   

Post Merge: March 14, 2013, 06:43:37 PM

They look fine to me too  ^.^

bigmlpfan xx
They definitely look perfectly fine to me too but I know others look closer than I do.  And I wanted to learn for times when I want/can pick up dolls for others. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:43:37 PM by faunabay »

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 07:05:39 PM »
You just have to choose the best out of what you can find and have the knowledge that you've got the best out of the possible ones you could have had.

Wonderfully put :heart:  I want to make some sort of wall decor with this written on it and hang in next to my dolls :biggrin:  I think it will make me feel better when I notice something I may have missed at the checkout:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

nyanpotato

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 11:28:04 AM »
They look fine to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal