collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you or Wouldnt you?  (Read 2634 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Would you or Wouldnt you?
« on: March 07, 2013, 01:36:16 PM »
I have had this burning question for awhile. Ok despite the value or a price of any pony. Would you or wouldn't you still love a pony IF they were not expensive in value like mimic or rapunzel? Please explain. I think there are some mlp merchandise or toys that are like status symbols. Just wondering would you still like those ponies like mimic and rapunzel if they were not worth anything at all? Just curious.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Would you or Wouldnt you?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 01:45:01 PM »
Well, for me the price isn't important. I personally don't care for Rapunzel, I wouldn't buy her even if she cost $10. I have passed up some CRAZY low eBay BIN prices on various "rare" ponies, simply because it's not a pony I'm looking for. I'm not going to take it from someone who really wants it. However, I love and own Mimic. I like the fact that she is unique, it doesn't matter what her value is--she's one of my childhood ponies.

So to me, it doesn't matter how much a pony is worth. I like what I like, and I may not have the same taste or collecting goals as others. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Clarabel Sapphire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:45:10 PM »
Good question  ;)

I recently bought Mimic because I love her unusual and pretty colour combinations, plus I like collecting ponies that were not available here in the U.K. 

Having seen pictures of Rapunzel, this is not a pony who appeals to me so it doesn't matter that she is a status symbol.  No offence intended to anyone who loves and owns her  :blush:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »
Without a doubt! I remember years ago I saw a beautiful drawing of Mimic and I wondered if she was a real MLP. I looked her up on a site and found out she was real and knew I had to get her! When I finally got an ebay account I looked her up and couldn't believe her price, but I still wanted her so much. I never bought her though, but my family bought her for me for my birthday last year and I cried when I opened her up :inlove:

As for Rapunzel, I wasn't as crazy about her *until* I saw the movie Tangled and then was madly in love with all things Rapunzel :biggrin: I had no idea about her price because I had never seen one for sale before. I did a price check several years ago on the Arena and my jaw kinda dropped :P I still love her and hope to get her some day :lovey:

That being said, some expensive ponies do not interest me at all. Sweet Scoops, Mommy and Baby pony, all the Mountain Boys (except Ice Crystal!), and most Nirvanas.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline PWN-E

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 01:49:49 PM »
When I was first getting into G1 ponies and knew nothing of prices, I saw some that I HAD TO have. Unfortunately for me, I had some pretty expensive tastes. It put me off for a while, but they were so perfect I had to have them.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »
I tend to collect based on what I like... which happens to be newborn twins, babies and all winged G1 ponies.

Now, if it were Mint in Box/minty/excellent condition ponies from my childhood ( Fancy Pants Glider, Gingerbread, Speedy and such... ) , I would be more willing to pay a good deal on them since they hold a priceless value in my heart.

Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 01:59:11 PM »
price doesn't do anything to me. There's a ton of expensive ponies that don't appeal much to me and I might only get them to complete my collection eventually :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »
I don't really like Mimic or Rapunzel. Maybe when I get to see them in real life I'd start liking them, but they wouldn't be any special for me.

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 02:08:38 PM »
Sweet Scoops was one of the first ponies I wanted to have- till I realized her price.  :P Maybe one day if I save up some.

Sarah Jo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 02:13:10 PM »
I only collect what I like in my various collections, so price or status or whatever isn't what's important to me. :)

Personally Mimic doesn't interest me, and I'd like Rapunzel either way because I like fairy tales !
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:16:06 PM by Sarah Jo »

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 02:19:29 PM »
I collect only the ones I like and can afford. For me dropping tons of money on a pony is not worth it. In reality they're all hunks of plastic with hair sticking out.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Seraphia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 02:28:29 PM »
Would you or wouldn't you still love a pony IF they were not expensive in value like mimic or rapunzel?

For me, loving a pony never had anything to do with its value. Most of my all-time-favourites are commons. Sure it's cool to be able to show off expensive and super rare ponies.. but that has nothing to do with love. :heart:  Variants can be super interesting, and Rapunzel is drop dead gorgeous, but a hideous pony is hideous whether it's worth a fortune or not. Though of course, there are no such things as hideous ponies...  ^.^

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 02:28:35 PM »
I just meant expensive ponies like mimic, rapunzel, nirvanas, or mail orders. I have loved the replies so far. Value isnt a huge issue with me either. I do collect what I like. There are some ponies out there I will never have because of the value of them. :cough custom ponies: :D  I do have Mimic though. Not because of her value. I just happen to love her because she was a special gift.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 02:35:07 PM »
No, not really.  I don't really like Mimic or Rapunzel (dodges fakies) and its never going to matter how expensive they become.  However, I love the mountain boys and some of the mail orders (like Tux) regardless of price - it's not because they're expensive or rare; I jut think they're gorgeous.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 02:58:39 PM »
I've always thought Mimic was super pretty, and I love her pose. I WISH she was super common and not well-liked. As for Rapunzel, I don't really like her that much. I like her color combo but I don't care for her symbol, and she's not in my favorite pose.

I really don't care what a pony is worth. If I like it how it looks, then I like it. That said, it is a little bit exciting to get a rare/expensive pony and hold onto it for a while. I have a few that I don't LOVE, but I don't want to get rid of them yet, either. There is definitely something about having a pony that a lot of people want to pay good money for...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal