collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you or Wouldnt you?  (Read 2640 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Would you or Wouldnt you?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 10:14:17 PM »
I've wanted Mimic before I knew about her price tag.  Green, pretty cutie mark, twinkle eyed, and in a pose I don't have.  I only wish she wasn't so sought after.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 12:18:33 AM »
I collect based on what ponies I like I have several shelves reserved for my special ponies many of which are pricier and "sort after ponies" I don't buy ponies because they are sort after only though.  Mimic as an example is one of my favourite ponies the first time i saw her on Ebay Aust I'd only been collecting weeks, thought she was gorgeous and so colourful, popped her in my watch and nearly died when I saw her price sky rocket was a long time before she joined by herd lol

The latgest portion of my collection and some of my favs are all the original early sets of uni and pegs, rainbows, ff Cp ponies and babies.  I really focus on these in nm condition with all their accessories none are reallt htf or that pricey but I adore them as to me they are the most true MLP and really typify the vinatge ponies

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 12:48:15 AM »
personally i don't like either of them.
i've made a rule that i only buy a pony if it's one i really like now.
there are so few ponies i knew about when i was little, that seeking out the ones i missed, isn't worth my time.
there are a few that i have sought out. ones i didnt know existed, but was pysch. like baby applejack etc.
my grandparents are the only ones who bought us ponies. and when they bought a set, they got all of them, and gave them to us slowly. if they didn't buy the set, i'd never heard about it. example. rockin ponies, sea ponies, no clue.
only have a few ponies i really want to get. and most are from England. baby susie!!!!

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 01:19:41 AM »
I think I'm like most people, I don't care how expensive a pony is (other than the fact it means I won't be able to afford them). If Ice Crystal and Mimic were cheap as chips, they'd already be in my collection! Because I collect boys and unicorns. I dream of a world in which nirvana unicorns are all within my budget.... :hope:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 01:27:57 AM »
I don't love ponies because of their price, I just like what I like :)

Heck, my favourite pony is only worth $10 :P
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 02:16:57 AM »
There are a few that I have wanted cause they were hard to get. But now that I am older and have to be smart with my money, I only buy the ones that I like. Value on ponies changes all the time, so you can not buy to sell to make money.

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 03:06:46 AM »
I don't like ponies because of their price. I do tend to like expensive ponies though. I love Mimic because she looks so unique. I don't really like Rapunzel and would never pay that high price for her. If I found her cheap I would only buy her to sell her again.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Jemstar666

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 03:17:56 AM »
Unfortunatly for me I am one of the few that adores Rapunzel, and it has nothing to do with her price, I hate that she costs so much, I mean a pony is worthless in value unless you are wanting to actually sell them, so to have a pony simply coz of its worth has ruined any idea that I will ever have one in my collection.
I am actually looking to make an original custom of her, and maybe possibly switch her to a blue version as I am not to keen on the idea of a full body repaint and to make it worse I want her to look like an original so if you picked her up it wasn't obvious (a repaint would give that away unless you are an expert) Just need to find me a baity quackers pose to play with and maybe i could have my own version of her

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 03:41:01 AM »
Great question!

I can't say I collect certain ponies because of their "status", I collect them because I like them and also because I have a complete G1 collection so Mimic or Punzies price didnt make me want them or make me buy them it just perhaps made it a little longer before I was able to buy them to start with!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 06:02:42 AM »
I purchased a majority of my G1 ponies back in the 80's new at the store. I didn't pay high prices for most of them so price isn't really part of why I collect ponies. I'm not looking to resell.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 06:06:25 AM »
I love all of my ponies equally. I don't have any super rare ones at the moment, but if I had them I would love them as much and as equally as my poor baity Blossom (who is now so faded, she's gone a weird peachy colour, I have her nicely purple replacement here now, but I cannot get rid of her  :( ).

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 06:29:01 AM »
Mimic I definitely would've wanted anyways - she's green.

For Punzie, it's hard to say. I would've wanted her anyways, to complete the collection. Generally I'm not a "pink" fan.... but I have to say, when she arrived I fell in love with her - her face, her hair, her pose, everything.

I didn't want her necessarily as a status item - she was one of my collecting goals, and it fell into place that one came up on Ebay and we were able to afford her at the time.

There are some other pricier ones I want... but that is because of the pony itself (bunny or dolphin themes) - they all just happen to be more expensive. Grr :P
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 07:11:42 AM »
Not really, I collect mainly my childhood ponies and then some sets that I like. I don't really like Mimic and I don't even know what Rapunzel looks like  :blush:

I did have Surprise Twins Mummy in my childhood herd so I had to buy her back (she was one of the first ponies I bought back) and she does fetch a reasonable amount. But I didn't want her as a status symbol, just for childhood memories really.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 07:47:34 AM »
Yeah, I'd still love an expensive pony if they weren't expensive.
I'd still love baby princess sparkle if she was worth .50; then I'd have an army of her!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 08:36:38 AM »
I think the more rare/unusual a pony is, the more interesting it is -  it has more to do with hard to find than price though-  honestly if I had a Rapunzel I'd sell her because it's not like she's a prototype, and her price is worth way more than the satisfaction I'd get from having a harder to find pony.

I like the prototypes and franken ponies from Taobao (who were pretty cheap)  just as much as a hard to find G1

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal