collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you or Wouldnt you?  (Read 2632 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Would you or Wouldnt you?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 03:43:56 PM »
That's why I'm saving for those expensive ponies on my list... one dime at a time!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 04:14:20 PM »
I love ponies, wether the price is high or low don't matter if I like it I'm gonna find a way to get it.. :) it's all about the love anyway right?

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »
I would still love them. Mimic and Ice Crystal (and to a lesser extent expense wise, Munchy) I would love to own but wish they were less expensive. Others like Rapunzel I don't really care about. Yeah, it would be cool to have any rare/really sought after pony but it's not the reason for my favorites.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »
Since I'm collecting one of each US/Canadian retail release at minimum, I'd get Mimic regardless.  If she was less expensive, I probably would have had her a lot sooner though.  While not my favorite pony in the herd, I do like her.   Rapunzel on the other hand, I can't be fussed about not having or not likely ever getting.  She's overly pink for my tastes. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
Great question SkyCakes!!  While I do love seeing other people's "Status" ponies, I'm not sure I'd buy them.  While I think that rare ponies have a certain mystique about them that attracts collectors, some ponies like Mimic and Rapunzel, are just really pretty and appeal to a lot of people.  Nirvana ponies are super rare and expensive, but not necessarily widely popular.  Some people might turn their nose up at a South African pony because of her condition, while others would get into bar fights over one. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »
I wanted Mimic cause she was a twinkle eye. I was consternated to find out she was so expensive D:

There's some awful gorgeous South American ponies in combos you don't see elsewhere that I'd really like, so it's not so much the rarity value wise as the rarity visual wise.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 05:00:18 PM »
well let me put it this way..  when i was younger  back inteh 80s  and had  pony points I  could either get rapunzil or goldilocks.. I chose goldilocks,... my friend got rapunzel. lol 

i think if i found punzi for cheap enough i might get her but i'm just  not  fond of the pose.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
Well for Rapunzel, if it weren't for the fact she's so rare, I wouldn't even care about her. She's very generic and her hair is just a hot mess.

Mimic, on the other hand, I am sure I would still like. She's got some really funky colors going for her and that makes her unique.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline McKinley

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 05:17:10 PM »
Well, yeah....one of my very favorite ponies is Peachy!  :lol:

I like the ponies I like regardless of their value or popularity. I would adore Mimic just as much if she was considered an undesirable pony, and I would pass on Rapunzel every time if she was super common. Collecting ponies has never been a value-based or prestige-based endeavor for me. I collect what I like, and pretty much ignore the rest. That everyone has different collecting goals, standards and aspirations keeps things fun and interesting around here. If we all liked exactly the same ponies, things would get boring fast. :)

Linnzy

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »
I only collect what I like in my various collections, so price or status or whatever isn't what's important to me. :)

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »
I collect whatever I can get my hands on, and I fall in love with them ALL immediately upon receiving them! The rares just take longer to arrive!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »
I think both Mimic and Rapunzel are awesome and I would own them if I could afford them.

I usually start out collecting something I like, then collect to complete the set, which the only sets I have completed so far are G4 blind bags, lol.

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »
I usually buy my favorites first then work on the rest to complete my set. I would loveeee a Mimic not because she's a status symbol but because she's so unique as others have mentioned and I will be keeping my eye out for a minty one at the fair ; ) I wish she was more popular so we all can have one : )

There are some expensive ponies that I'll probably save till last to get like Sweet Scoops or Mommy Pony. They don't really appeal to me much. On the other hand I'm soooo in love with Greek Ladybird and I swear one day I'll buy her ; )
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 08:07:31 PM »
I would still love Mimic because her episode in the original G1 cartoon is what made me love her, not the price. It was my favorite episode and I loved the parrot as her mark :)

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »
I'm collecting all of the ponies so I'd like to have a Rapunzel, but I don't like her. I hate super long hair and I dont' like the story of Rapunzel. I'd probably sell her if I got her though because I can't justify having that expensive of a pony when I struggle with expenses. So I don't like her, no.

Mimic I love. I love green and I like parrots because they remind me of pirates and boats and nautical stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal