collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH Marathon - Scaris (Spoilers!)  (Read 3821 times)

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MH Marathon - Scaris (Spoilers!)
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2013, 08:49:36 AM »
I don't particularly see the issue with deuce..  :blink:

My husband is the same way... Strong willed, independent, confident... But the moment I am not around (say I go on vacation... Like that will EVER happen... Lmao) he is constantly checking his phone and checking on me to make sure nothing happened to me in the 8 seconds I have been gone (a bit of an exaggeration  :blush: lol, but you see where I am going) some men can be totally independent and then the moment they don't have someone to expend their time on and invest in... They become clingy and whiney...

I get Deuce, basically b/c my boyfriend can be like this. Strong-willed, independent-type being all like 'OMG I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE ALONE TIME NOW' and then when I don't call for a couple of days gets all clingy and annoyed at me for actually not calling. LOL

Deuce wasn't acting strong-willed or independent. At least not to me. He just acted like a total broseph-douchebag.
If my girlfriend was away on vacation without me I would never pretend to my friends that I was glad that she was gone. Why should I? If I was so ~independent~ I wouldn't need a SO in the first place ;)

I just like Deuce way more in the webseries and diaries, I guess. He is more level-headed, less dudebro and seems to honestly love Cleo as a person. Also he is more sensitive there.
How the special presented him as a brainless jock annoyed me.

But Cleo was a real sweetie in this special. At least they kept her character consistent and remembered that she had undergone a bit of development. Maybe it's because of my new Scaris Cleo, but she is my favorite character at the moment ^^

^^ I didnt say that Deuce was acting self confident in the Scaris episode... People were mentioning how he was prior to the Scaris episode... and I was reiterating that he wasnt the strong willed person we see in the webisodes... Instead he was spineless... 

My husband like to pretend he doesnt need me... but he would go crazy if anything happened to me to the extent that I couldnt run the household... lol... I am just way better able to take care of the family on that level... Hes the breadwinner... Im the housewife...  :biggrin:

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2013, 11:11:42 AM »
I enjoyed it enough but am I the only one bothered that it's implied Madame Ghostier basically kidnapped and killed (by neglect) "apprentices" but wasn't apprehended by authorities after the gang escaped from the catacombs?

I can see several reasons she wasn't arrested. The first is she was clever, putting them all in the catacombs, where skeletons sleep. No one would think it odd if there were a few extra.
The second is that without the spotlight, she literally faded out of existence, dying via many disney villains. You can't arrest someone who no longer exists, after all.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2013, 03:31:21 PM »
But agreed, I also enjoyed him more in the webisodes and I loved him in 'GhoulsRule', but I guess I just wanted to say I understood where the writers were coming from since I know boys like that. Toned down version tho, mind you. ;)

That's actually the core of my "problem" here. The specials are often different than the webisodes and the webisodes are different from the diaries.
It just annoys me that they aren't able to create an overall canon for how the characters behave. The big exception seem to be the main ghouls. But especially Spectra and Deuce are like two different people monsters when you compare the webisodes with the specials or diaries.
It's a shame they can't be more consistent with that. Maybe my expectations are just too high :P

binaryeclipse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »
DVR'd this and just got a chance to watch. I'm glad I'm not the only one bugged by Deuce's portrayal here. For one, did his voice actor change? The surfer-dude crap is new, and I don't care for it. The webisodes really made me love Deuce, as opposed to feeling like Cleo 'runs his life' I've always gotten the impression that he understands her fuss and bluster for what it is and sees the good heart beneath. The episodes where he collaborates with Operetta to write her a song are some of my favorites, and I found him surprisingly deep and well-rounded for a character that doesn't get as much screentime as the girls. His shallow treatment in this special is really disappointing.

By contrast Clawd was adorable, but then he has always had a little bit of the 'big doofy puppy' aspect to him. I definitely want to know where my Scaris Clawd is.

Everything else was pretty awesome, I thoroughly enjoyed it and really wish they'd give us some more Scaris fashions

Offline Storm.Runner

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Berkshire Exmoors
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2013, 09:12:05 AM »
I am now completely convinced that my Rochelle NEEDS a Garrett.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2013, 11:12:40 AM »
I just watched the special on youtube and I ate up every minutes of it! I don't really have any complaints other than it would have been nice to have heard Catrine say something, and Operetta didn't get a line of dialogue (unless I missed it). Otherwise I loved it. I mean, for an hour show they crammed in A TON!

Also, they kept showing previews or something of Heath and a big abominable snowman. Is that from a special I missed or something?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »
yeah, I was wondering what the heck that was about with the yeti thing. >,>; I think we missed out on something.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »
This is now my favorite special! I loved it! Abbey had her great lines as usual. Also, I don't think I could love Heath more if I tried. He keeps getting better every special and I can't wait to own his doll. He actually looked good in his sparkly fiery manskirt. :lol:

I've also been loving Cleo lately. She's been hilarious in the last few specials. Clawd and Deuce were adorably pathetic without their ghouls. I wish Gil would have tagged along too. Didn't he miss Lagoona?

I kept expecting Catrine to be somehow vital in either finding Garrott or maybe she narrowly escaped the fashion apprenticeship since she was so artistic. But poor kitty was just a plot device/ storytelling device.

Also I thought Garrott looked really different. The still from the trailer made him look more like the gargoyle CAM but in the movie he didn't really look like that. I'm a sucker for a good romance so I really liked the storyline with Rochelle trying to find him. I was sighing along with Frankie the whole time.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2013, 12:21:30 PM »
lol I think it's safe to assume that all of us thought that the gargoyle in the orange stripped shirt in the background of the packaging was Garrott. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2013, 03:13:20 PM »
just re-watched the special(I dvr'd it) did anyone else who recorded it with commercials notice during one of the breaks that they show a clip where  Heath lights up in the middle of a snow storm to reveal what looks like a giant snow monster/yeti/abominable snowman? it then flashes to Frankie, Jinafire, Ghoulia and Abbey (all still in their Scaris outfits) looking scared. I wonder if this was the "From fear to eternity" part of the special and we haven't seen it yet?

Thoughts?

P.S. the clip is right at the first commercial break

faunabay

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2013, 05:11:45 PM »
This is now my favorite special! I loved it! Abbey had her great lines as usual. Also, I don't think I could love Heath more if I tried. He keeps getting better every special and I can't wait to own his doll. He actually looked good in his sparkly fiery manskirt. :lol:
I LOVED Heath in that manskirt!!    :biggrin:  And it was so sweet when Abbey said she missed him....."a little bit"    :P

Post Merge: March 07, 2013, 05:12:47 PM

I am now completely convinced that my Rochelle NEEDS a Garrett.
Me too!!  I think I'm going to have to get the gargoyle CAM and make a custom Garrott!  ;)

Kobold

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2013, 07:49:11 PM »
I just finished watching it. Not bad! The boys... could have been handled better (Heath is my favorite male character, I'm really glad he tags along. I wish everyone wasn't a jerk to him though. He's a comic relief but he doesn't deserve all that snobbing...).
Pacing's a little off, but it's obviously hard to have so many characters doing their own thing and keeping a good flow. Well I'm sure the kids loved it, it had it's good moments.

...I didn't expect Catrine to have a huge role, but... she doesn't even get line?  :huh:   That's disappointing.

'hoping we get a Garrott doll.  :)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2013, 11:13:12 PM »
The still clip everyone keeps mentioning (with the Yeti and Heath) is from "From Fear to Eternity" which is a short that was supposed to air after the special. For whatever reason, it wasn't actually shown in the states. However, I did find a version of the movie on Youtube that includes it here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwd822d-HWo

It's decent video quality (actually recorded, not a camcorder pointed at the screen) but the sound is pretty jacked. I was still able to understand it, mostly. It's rather cute, shows the gang's adventures on their way home from Scaris, and gives Jinifire and Skelita a little more dialogue and screen time. It starts at about the 43:10 mark.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2013, 11:20:21 PM »
Dang. >,>; If that's the case I HOPE They release this special as a DVD and include the short along with it.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »
Dang. >,>; If that's the case I HOPE They release this special as a DVD and include the short along with it.

It looks like it is supposed to be included in the Scaris movie release. Of course, if you're curious, you can click the link and watch it now :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal