collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH Marathon - Scaris (Spoilers!)  (Read 3825 times)

operaghost

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MH Marathon - Scaris (Spoilers!)
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2013, 10:05:36 AM »
I loved this movie! Rochelle and Garret were great. I want a Garret doll, now! Ghoulia was adorable in the movie, and so was Skelita. I wish they showed more of Catrine. I think she only spoke once, if I'm not mistaken.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »
It was pretty cute, but Deuce having a meltdown without cleo was quite the opposite.  But If he has one moment like this in the whole series/their relationship, ok...he was just missin his lady and was going crazy :heart:

I wish there would have been more of Catrine, Jina and Skelita. They were all adorable and I'd have liked to see more of em!

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2013, 11:20:33 AM »
Down with everything Zapper said. 

BIG SPOILER:
For Deuce to go from being strong in "Ghoul's Rule" to being totally weak just made no sense.  I get that he missed her but...

Clawd was adorable and I can understand his actions more, after the Valentine incident in "Why do Ghoul's Fall in Love" I can see why he'd still be a tad insecure.  Heath was hilarious as always.. :)  Now I'm looking forward to his doll even more!

Cute special but "Friday Night Frights" is still my fav.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »
Majesty: that same thing happened to me with spongebob, glad I caught it before it was too late.

I agree with others, I wish Skelita and Jin's accent's were a bit thicker, especially Jim's, BUT, I'm bettering Mattel is trying to stray away from having them be/sound too stereotypical, so they sofned them for that reason I bet.

Does anyone plan to customize their CAM Gargoyle into Garrett? Mine is currently Rochelle's bro, so I may have to pic up a nother CAM boy pack...

I thought Toralei was as nasty as she always was, but she sorta redeemed herself somewhat when she said she couldn't believe the group had put up with her nasty ways the whole trip.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:58:25 AM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2013, 11:38:27 AM »
I just watched it, thanks to Zapper's link. It was fun and cute but... Well, I have the same problem that everybody else does with Deuce. I like him because he is confident and socially and emotionally intelligent. He sees beyond Cleo's weaknesses and supports her despite them. Now he had ost all confidence and I don't like the implication that Cleo does and decides everything for him, when before this on the webisodes he has always seemed so independent. Oh, well, hopefully he will improve on the webisodes again.

Despite all  my gripes, the special is quite solid for a show that was made based on a toyline.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »
Heath: Did anyone miss me?
Abbey: I did.  A little.

Their little exchange was one of my favorite parts:).  I *really* love the idea of them together.  Abbey is such a strong and confident character contrasts nicely with Heath's silliness!  I officially can't wait for the Heath/Abbey set.

Plus, come on Mattel...can we get a Scaris Clawd?!  Please. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Nana-Rena

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2013, 11:52:24 AM »
I found Jinafire to be a bit stereotypical. She seemed to speak broken English at times and she had mannerism that are a bit stereotypical, but I guess many of the ghouls are more or less stereotypes.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »
I recorded Scaris on the DVR and when I rewatched it, I noticed it said "Scaris: City of Frights & From Fear to Eternity". Was there supposed to be two specials? I'm also wondering what was with those previews they were showing on the commercial breaks that show things that didn't happen in Scaris, or at least I didn't see them. Did the DVR just cut off too early?

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2013, 02:38:16 PM »
I thought it was really cute how Clawd, Deuce, and Heath missed the ghouls and went all the way to Scaris to be with them ^.^ (Abbey and Health need to just get together already :P ) I wasn't a huge fan of Garrott, but that might be because I ship Rochelle and Invisibilly due to that episode based on the DC dolls. Toralei was her annoying usual self and I was disappointed that Ghoulia didn't have a huge role :huh: I'm also sad that Catrine only spoke like once :huh: Overall, it was a really cute episode and I look forward to 13 Wishes ^.^
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
I don't particularly see the issue with deuce..  :blink:

My husband is the same way... Strong willed, independent, confident... But the moment I am not around (say I go on vacation... Like that will EVER happen... Lmao) he is constantly checking his phone and checking on me to make sure nothing happened to me in the 8 seconds I have been gone (a bit of an exaggeration  :blush: lol, but you see where I am going) some men can be totally independent and then the moment they don't have someone to expend their time on and invest in... They become clingy and whiney...   

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »
Ooh one more thing I forgot to complain about mention. I did not like how Skelita sounds almost identical to Lagoona minus the accent. I know it's the same voice actress but couldn't she have made them sound at least a little bit more different? :huh:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2013, 03:42:32 PM »
I don't particularly see the issue with deuce..  :blink:

My husband is the same way... Strong willed, independent, confident... But the moment I am not around (say I go on vacation... Like that will EVER happen... Lmao) he is constantly checking his phone and checking on me to make sure nothing happened to me in the 8 seconds I have been gone (a bit of an exaggeration  :blush: lol, but you see where I am going) some men can be totally independent and then the moment they don't have someone to expend their time on and invest in... They become clingy and whiney...   

I agree. sometimes my hubby can be the same way ;) so I didn't mind that part of Cleo and deuce one bit ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2013, 06:32:55 AM »
I enjoyed it. Fun to watch. I still like Friday Night Frights better, tho. :P
I like the personalities they gave to Jina & Skelita, much so because they were like 100% how I had imagined them to be prior to watching. xD

I get Deuce, basically b/c my boyfriend can be like this. Strong-willed, independent-type being all like 'OMG I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE ALONE TIME NOW' and then when I don't call for a couple of days gets all clingy and annoyed at me for actually not calling. LOL. So I'm right there with bonbon & MJ85. (of course it was a bit exaggerated, but it's a cartoon, so hey!)
Clawd annoyed me more TBH, but like someone here said, I can see where he was coming from after the events in 'Why do Ghouls fall in Love'.. but still. Annoying. ;D

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2013, 06:37:50 AM »
My hubby was that way when we first moved to California... Stuck to me like glue... So much that an escape to the grocery store was like going to the Bahamas... Now it's not so bad... We have been here for a little over 2 years... And now he has friends and an Xbox... Now if only I could get him to time when he's using it better... Like not when the kids are doing homework... Lol

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2013, 06:42:45 AM »
And now he has friends and an Xbox... Now if only I could get him to time when he's using it better... Like not when the kids are doing homework... Lol

LOL. Yeaaaah.. I can imagine that to be a little distracting. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal