collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH Marathon - Scaris (Spoilers!)  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MH Marathon - Scaris (Spoilers!)
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »
I don't particularly see the issue with deuce..  :blink:

My husband is the same way... Strong willed, independent, confident... But the moment I am not around (say I go on vacation... Like that will EVER happen... Lmao) he is constantly checking his phone and checking on me to make sure nothing happened to me in the 8 seconds I have been gone (a bit of an exaggeration  :blush: lol, but you see where I am going) some men can be totally independent and then the moment they don't have someone to expend their time on and invest in... They become clingy and whiney...

I get Deuce, basically b/c my boyfriend can be like this. Strong-willed, independent-type being all like 'OMG I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE ALONE TIME NOW' and then when I don't call for a couple of days gets all clingy and annoyed at me for actually not calling. LOL

Deuce wasn't acting strong-willed or independent. At least not to me. He just acted like a total broseph-douchebag.
If my girlfriend was away on vacation without me I would never pretend to my friends that I was glad that she was gone. Why should I? If I was so ~independent~ I wouldn't need a SO in the first place ;)

I just like Deuce way more in the webseries and diaries, I guess. He is more level-headed, less dudebro and seems to honestly love Cleo as a person. Also he is more sensitive there.
How the special presented him as a brainless jock annoyed me.

But Cleo was a real sweetie in this special. At least they kept her character consistent and remembered that she had undergone a bit of development. Maybe it's because of my new Scaris Cleo, but she is my favorite character at the moment ^^

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2013, 02:07:55 PM »
After watching Scaris, I love Skelita and Jinafires personalities <3 I think the whole episode was cute ^__^
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
I LOVED The special! Loved the plot, The voice and accent for Skelita was right on the dot for me, the story was great, no random side plot that didn't make sense like in GR, but there are some minor gripes about it, not too big, but it's there.

-I was excited that they finally added an Asian character when they made Jinafire! Loved her personality, her look, everything about her! But when I heard Jinafire's voice/"Accent" I was so dissapointed. Didn't sound Asian at all, not one bit, not even close to engrish. >,>;

-No Caterine, only like...14 seconds of seeing her drawing over her shoulder, and only 1 second it showed it her face. 15 seconds of screen time.

And at the end, when Jinafire was like "Do you take foreign exchange students??" That can only mean one thing....POSSIBLE FUTURE RELEASES!?
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »
And at the end, when Jinafire was like "Do you take foreign exchange students??" That can only mean one thing....POSSIBLE FUTURE RELEASES!?

And FASHION PACKS! (Do you hear that mattel!?) <3
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »
I was excited that they finally added an Asian character when they made Jinafire! Loved her personality, her look, everything about her! But when I heard Jinafire's voice/"Accent" I was so dissapointed. Didn't sound Asian at all, not one bit, not even close to engrish. >,>;

English isn't my first language, but I could hear that she had an accent. I liked that they didn't make her talk like utter stereotype. Just because someone comes from a different country doesn't mean they automatically suck at pronouncing American English.

For example, I don't sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger at all  :lol:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2013, 03:43:32 PM »
I was excited that they finally added an Asian character when they made Jinafire! Loved her personality, her look, everything about her! But when I heard Jinafire's voice/"Accent" I was so dissapointed. Didn't sound Asian at all, not one bit, not even close to engrish. >,>;

English isn't my first language, but I could hear that she had an accent. I liked that they didn't make her talk like utter stereotype. Just because someone comes from a different country doesn't mean they automatically suck at pronouncing American English.

For example, I don't sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger at all  :lol:
Oh no no, what I meant was that I didn't mean I wanted her sounding like broken english asian, but have a distinct asian accent. I'm Asian and I haven't heard any kind of character sound like that.

Overall, I guess back then when some people first commented about Abbey and Lagoona's accent, it's my turn to do the same with Jinafire. :P

And FASHION PACKS! (Do you hear that mattel!?) <3
They'll show everyone in the deluxe fashion packs, but leave out VENUS on a release for a fashion pack?!?! What a tease. >,<;
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:45:41 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »
Stephanie Sheh, the voice actress for Jinafire is Chinese-American. :) I love her accent! It's charming and adorable! <3

I do agree with you Zapper for the most part. He is on bro/dude-overload and just needs to tone it down a lot. I still think he's adorable though. :) He has his moments. :heart:

One of my favorite lines was by Clawd: "Thanks for coming too Heath. Even though I totally told you not too." XD
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:12:15 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2013, 05:54:46 PM »
I enjoyed it enough but am I the only one bothered that it's implied Madame Ghostier basically kidnapped and killed (by neglect) "apprentices" but wasn't apprehended by authorities after the gang escaped from the catacombs?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2013, 05:56:01 PM »
Hmm, maybe I should watch it a few more times and hear her voice a few more times before I put in my Final FINAL Judgement. :P

I actually liked Toralei in this special, she isn't so...Toralei compared to the last specials. All, co-operative and frienemyish with the main ghouls. XD

Post Merge: March 05, 2013, 05:57:30 PM

I enjoyed it enough but am I the only one bothered that it's implied Madame Ghostier basically kidnapped and killed (by neglect) "apprentices" but wasn't apprehended by authorities after the gang escaped from the catacombs?
Imagine what would've happened if it wasn't Clawdeen that won?! What if Jinafire "won" instead? She never would've been seen EVER AGAIN! >,<;
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Rococo

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2013, 06:07:26 PM »
That's what I was thinking! Haha. I imagine eventually, Clawdeen's friends would have searched for her and I bet Madame Ghostier's place is the first place they would go.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2013, 07:02:50 PM »
Actually thinking about it over dinner, I think if the other two got captured and locked up, they would've gotten away, Clawdeen got lucky her friends were there.

Skelita: Take her bones apart and tosses them through the little window and eventually re-assemble herself, escape.

Jinafire: Look at the metal door, then melt it down, turn it into an accessory, escape.

Clawddeen:....I got nothing for her.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

animal_lover

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2013, 07:14:02 PM »
Actually thinking about it over dinner, I think if the other two got captured and locked up, they would've gotten away, Clawdeen got lucky her friends were there.

Skelita: Take her bones apart and tosses them through the little window and eventually re-assemble herself, escape.

Jinafire: Look at the metal door, then melt it down, turn it into an accessory, escape.

Clawddeen:....I got nothing for her.

Hahaha. Thanks for the giggle!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2013, 02:25:10 AM »
We had our Charter set to record them all. For some reason, it didn't do so, saying tha tit was "unaired" which I know is bull. I am still really disappointed. :(  I wanted to watch the Skull Shores special also. So frustrating....
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2013, 06:28:14 AM »
I love going back and re-watching the movie as there's a lot of stuff going on in the background that you kind of miss initially. Favorite background guy is def. Skeleton Mime; "You're just messing with me now, aren't you?"  :snicker:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2013, 08:05:26 AM »
I don't particularly see the issue with deuce..  :blink:

My husband is the same way... Strong willed, independent, confident... But the moment I am not around (say I go on vacation... Like that will EVER happen... Lmao) he is constantly checking his phone and checking on me to make sure nothing happened to me in the 8 seconds I have been gone (a bit of an exaggeration  :blush: lol, but you see where I am going) some men can be totally independent and then the moment they don't have someone to expend their time on and invest in... They become clingy and whiney...

I get Deuce, basically b/c my boyfriend can be like this. Strong-willed, independent-type being all like 'OMG I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE ALONE TIME NOW' and then when I don't call for a couple of days gets all clingy and annoyed at me for actually not calling. LOL

Deuce wasn't acting strong-willed or independent. At least not to me. He just acted like a total broseph-douchebag.
If my girlfriend was away on vacation without me I would never pretend to my friends that I was glad that she was gone. Why should I? If I was so ~independent~ I wouldn't need a SO in the first place ;)

I just like Deuce way more in the webseries and diaries, I guess. He is more level-headed, less dudebro and seems to honestly love Cleo as a person. Also he is more sensitive there.
How the special presented him as a brainless jock annoyed me.

But Cleo was a real sweetie in this special. At least they kept her character consistent and remembered that she had undergone a bit of development. Maybe it's because of my new Scaris Cleo, but she is my favorite character at the moment ^^

"If my girlfriend was away on vacation without me I would never pretend to my friends that I was glad that she was gone. Why should I? If I was so ~independent~ I wouldn't need a SO in the first place ;)"
That's thought like a girl would (no blame there.. xD)
But I have a lot of guy-friends and most act just like this.. dunno. It's just the way they are I guess. *shrugs*
And like I said, it's cartoon so naturally they overdo it.

But agreed, I also enjoyed him more in the webisodes and I loved him in 'GhoulsRule', but I guess I just wanted to say I understood where the writers were coming from since I know boys like that. Toned down version tho, mind you. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal