collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH Marathon - Scaris (Spoilers!)  (Read 3705 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MH Marathon - Scaris (Spoilers!)
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »
lol I did the same thing. :P Hate having to wait to interact in a thread you posted in that wasn't originally a spoilerish thread. :razz:
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »
Yeah, that's why I created the other one, but I respect Jupi's decision to merge them.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 05:22:39 PM »
The Scaris movie was cute. I definitely enjoyed it. I just wish Catrine was in it more. I love her doll and I was really looking forward to seeing her in the special, but she wasn't on screen much at all. Skelita was cute in it, though. I wasn't a fan of Jinafire, though. She seemed too stuck up.

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
I didn't know about her fashion pack but I guess it is pretty close/same thing :)

Isn't she just Toralei in her Fashion Pack??

Scaris Toralei by reidelsol, on Flickr

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Lilac-Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 06:15:12 PM »
Does anyone have a link for Scaris? I don't have Nick and I heard it wasn't even playing on Nick Canada and I really really reaaaaallllllly want to watch it!!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
For those that saw it...
Spoiler
Was anyone else a little depressed that Skelita and Jinafire didn't have more obvious accents?

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 07:41:52 PM »
a little bit to be honest. also Rochelle kinda has an accent along abbeys line more so than French IMO.

For those that saw it...
Spoiler
Was anyone else a little depressed that Skelita and Jinafire didn't have more obvious accents?

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »
Does anyone have a link for Scaris? I don't have Nick and I heard it wasn't even playing on Nick Canada and I really really reaaaaallllllly want to watch it!!

This youtuber uploaded the movie in parts in an OK quality:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LivingMonsterBratz?feature=watch

Just a few thoughts on the special:

Spoiler
-Deuce was horrible. Why was he so dumb and bro here, bro there? That wasn't the Deuce we know and love. I also find it highly questionable that he is apparently useless without Cleo to boss him around. Talk about unfortunate implications...
-Heath looked really cute in the skirt! The audience liking his look brought a smile to my face.
-I was really disappointed that Skelita and Jinafire had such small roles and that Catrine didn't play a role at all
-Nice to know that the new car doesn't belong to Draculaura ;)
-Toralei... I really dislike her character. At the end I thought she would come around, but then she just had to try to ruin things for Clawdeen. This cat needs therapy.
-All in all I was really underwhelmed by this special. It was kinda boring. Roller Maze is still the best one of the bunch to me.

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 09:41:28 PM »

Spoiler
-Deuce was horrible. Why was he so dumb and bro here, bro there? That wasn't the Deuce we know and love. I also find it highly questionable that he is apparently useless without Cleo to boss him around. Talk about unfortunate implications...
-Heath looked really cute in the skirt! The audience liking his look brought a smile to my face.
-I was really disappointed that Skelita and Jinafire had such small roles and that Catrine didn't play a role at all
-Toralei... I really dislike her character. At the end I thought she would come around, but then she just had to try to ruin things for Clawdeen. This cat needs therapy.
-All in all I was really underwhelmed by this special. It was kinda boring. Roller Maze is still the best one of the bunch to me.

I agree with the Deuce thing. He can be amazing but he was a huge wienie in Scaris. He had his moments, but overall this just made me dislike the Cleo/Deuce thing more.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »
a little bit to be honest. also Rochelle kinda has an accent along abbeys line more so than French IMO.

For those that saw it...
Spoiler

Erin Fitzgerald is the voice actress for Abbey and Rochelle (along with Scarah, Spectra and Cupid) which makes sense that Rochelle sounds like a French Abbey.

Stephanie Sheh (her first Monster High appearance) voices Jinafire and Laura Bailey voices Skelita as well as Lagoona and Bloodgood.

I am a little disappointed that there accents weren't thick like Rochelle's. I don't think they should have been as thick, but definitely more noticeable. It was really hard to tell most of the time, but I enjoyed their voices for the most part.

Regarding the special, I enjoyed it a lot. It's up there with Friday Night Frights. Garrott is gorgeous! His face bothered me for a good portion of the movie. I think it was his nose, but I eventually got over it. :lol: I would 100% buy his doll if Mattel made it!

Deuce was pretty funny in the beginning about not having Cleo around, but it was adorable that he was sad when he didn't get 100000 messages from her. It was a little over the top when he was begging her to never leave him for a week again, but I just adore Cleuce so I couldn't let it bother me. XD I am dying for the Scaris 2 Pack to get to the US so Scaris Deuce can finally have his Scaris Cleo! :heart:

Toralei was so annoying. I can't stand her and wish she would just go away. :mad:

I am very disappointed that the From Fear to Eternity didn't air here in the US. I was really looking forward to that. :cry:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 11:52:31 PM »

Spoiler

Thank you so much for the link!! I really enjoyed it!

I'm seeing some extra screen caps with heath x skelita x jinafire floating around tumblr. Was there an extra bit with them? It wasn't in the link I watched.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2013, 12:49:49 AM »
 just watched it on you tube!!

ok mattel soo like  :

where is my scaris heath?

where is my scaris clawd??

Where are my scaris clawd heath and deuce fashion packs?????

Where the heck is my scaris garret???

oh and a couple other things,
  where the heck is scaris venus? and  or my venus fashion pack ???????

oh and my ghouls need clawdeens runway fashions like NOW!! LOL

come on mattel.. please?????

Oh and  what is From Fear to Eternity ?? is it actually another MH special or was it scaris?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:32:00 AM by mistic_imp »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2013, 06:55:41 AM »
Garotte was trop mignon! Loved him. I doubt they will make him a doll, though, just like they passed over Andy. I hope we see more of him in the series. I'm sad he didn;t tranfer to MH for Rochelle. I mean, if he's sooo in love with her, he would want to go, right?
Rochelle's grandmere was adorable, too. Sucks she didn;t have any lines. I can hear her sounding like Granny Smith.
And OOOMG I need Skelita even more now!! My area has no dolls at all anywhere lately. And even if they did I'm broke, haha. But, Skelita was so sweet ;.;

faunabay

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2013, 07:00:04 AM »
Oh and  what is From Fear to Eternity ?? is it actually another MH special or was it scaris?
There's an older movie called From HERE to Eternity with Burt Lancaster.  :biggrin:  It's probably a play off of that movie.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2013, 07:16:26 AM »
Well, what a disaster that turned out to be for me.  Speaking of the marathon, I had my DVR set to record all the monster high movies that were on.  Then, I check my DVR later to make sure they were being recorded right and it was recording spongebob.  It said monster high on the DVR though.  So, I go back to fix it hoping I didn't miss the right recordings and all I pretty much got right was Scaris.  I got one spongebob recording instead of an episode, I got Fright On twice and some of the recordings were mislabeled.  It said Escape From Skull Shores when it was a Fright On episode.  Next time I'm just going to try to remember when the marathon is and just set it to record by going to the channel.  It was a mix up between the DVR and the channel I guess. 

I wanted to see Skull Shores and Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love but ended up missing them because of this mix up.  I look for them on youtube but either get one in seven parts with several minutes missing or it's bad quality.

On a side note, I did enjoy Scaris City of Frights. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal