collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So when do you stop collecting?  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So when do you stop collecting?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 08:06:45 PM »
I was really into G3s, but then got burned out when they released the core 7. A few years later I got back into collecting when my friend found a whole bunch of G1s at a flea market for me :) I slacked off a bit here and there, but I'm back full force with no plans on stopping :biggrin:

A bit off topic, but I was sooooo into Harry Potter a few years ago when I watched the movies for the first time on tv. I was insanely obsessed with it, watching two or three movies every day, buying HP merchandise, reading the books, etc. Then Snape died and I'm totally out of Harry Potter now. Killing off my favorite character was too much for me to handle and I'm packing away my HP stuff now :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »
With the amount of things Hasbro is doing to displease me, especially syncing the MLP toyline to the show, my G4 collection has been scheduled to stop after the Alicorn Twilight Sparkle toys come out. Sorry, I'm too jaded to go on.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 08:53:19 PM »
"Stop" collecting. Quaint notion, there! ;)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 09:15:42 PM »
i think that i will proably  keep colelcting till A. i  run out of space. or b. run out of  items to colelct lol. i  dont  collect that many  G4 items anymore..  i  got most of the brushables. and will quite possibly pick up the flutteshy design a pony and the    luna deisgn a pony  and the  new sunset shimmer.  and possibly the  new fna pack(not sure)  but it all depends. but i will contuine to   gro my G1 collection

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 02:26:12 AM »
I only really collect G1, I have a small G3 collection of mainly exclusives and a few others I like, had quite a big collection of G3 but sold them all when I realised I just wasted that keen . . . I don't like G4 personally so don't collect them and now don't get the exclusives either which bummed me a bit.

I have most US G1s I want but lots of original accessories lke ribbon to get which will keep me busy and I colelct Italian variants and there's so many that will keep me busy too so I thin k i ahve enough to keep me collecting a long time yet.  I think it's easier in my opinion for vintage collectors to keep going in some ways as so much more variety to collect than what is avialable now

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 05:45:36 AM »
I don't think my collection will ever be complete and I like it that way was I will always have something to look for :) I'm mostly a G1 collector and not too far off having all US and UK release ponies but I also collect Nirvana ponies and have the need to have one of every G1, be it Nirvana or otherwise. I realise this will likely never happen because there will always be those one of a kind ponies that other collectors won't part with but as I said, I like it that was as that means I will always be collecting :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 07:06:08 AM »
I do not know when I will stop collecting. I hope the pony line does not turn all into dolls.......

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 07:13:30 AM »
I want to say "never," but that seems dangerous. I may have to sell off certain ponies in my collection if funds become a problem- so far they haven't gotten that bad! But I don't see me NOT collecting. I may have times that I don't buy much- last year I only bought a few things, and I'm concentrating a little bit on clearing out my trade boxes. But I'm still collecting, still sorting through the boxes in the pony room, still trying to find ways to display them safely, still love the smell of the room when I walk into it.
Hasbro is making it hard right now, though. I don't need a whole room full of Pinkie Pie, no matter how awesome she is. Perhaps they will make new and interesting toys, perhaps they won't. It's ok, I have a huge and difficult wishlist, I'll find something to search for.

What would it take for me to stop collecting? Apocolypse. Societal Collapse. Those might not even stop me- just slow me down. In the post-apocolyptic world, bring your nirvanas here to trade for food! Ladybird will suddenly be worth, quite literally, a hill of beans! LOL!

Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 10:31:12 AM »
I simply do not understand the premise of the quesion? :P

What is this stopping collecting?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 10:58:22 AM »
Lol, stop? I don't know the meaning of the word!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 11:14:03 AM »
Being a g1 collector I'll stop major collecting efforts when I have every US released pony...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline tictactoe_kf

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Find what makes you happy and do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 06:28:53 PM »
I'll stop when I run out of room, which is VERY VERY SOON considering I live in a one-bedroom apartment with a boy and two cats. Actually, I probably should be stopping now (she says as she just won a Moondancer and a near-mint Speedy on eBay :blush: ).

When I have a bigger place I'll probably continue to collect. Or not. I get bored easily. For now I have several restoration projects in the works to keep me busy!
:heart:

Thanks Shenanigans for my awesome avatar!

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 06:36:21 PM »
I don't know if I'll ever stop collecting, but I do go through periods where I don't actively seek new ponies and concentrate on my other collections instead. When the bore seven came out that was probably the longest break I had from ponies and didn't start collecting again until G4 came out. I'm in a semi-hiatus mode now with all the mane six reissues. When new brushables hit the shelves then I will be actively buying again. Until then I may pick up the odd G1 pony but I tend to avoid online purchasing because it is so addictive!

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 01:59:39 PM »
I never stop collecting and would never ever get rid of my g1 collection. I do take years off from being active in the community depending on certain events in my life, but am always keeping an eye out for any ponies.  My collection is something that I love and am proud of and even though sometimes I can't always display them, at least I know they are safe and cherished : )

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
When?  :P More like 'how'!

My room, which is mainly my pony room, is almost filled unless I wanna start putting shelves in front of curtained windows. Otherwise, I'll have to start putting ponies into storage for a few years. Once I complete my Sundae Best and TAF ponies, I'm going to slow down a bit on my collection.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:06:55 PM by Las-Pegasus »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal