collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So when do you stop collecting?  (Read 2867 times)

Shimmer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: So when do you stop collecting?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2013, 10:56:56 PM »
I stopped long ago with G4, first of all they arent carried anywhere near me and the internet shops are always out of stock (maybe they don't restock?) there are some ponies I would've wanted but I've been  very dissappointed with both the quality and direction the toy line has been taking for a while now.

I think I'll stick to some G1's now and then :lovey:

Sokkis

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »
The whole idea of stopping seems a little odd for me. Yeah, I have times when I don't actively buy ponies, or do anything with them! But still, I have my collection and I love it. Last year was really quiet with ponies 'cause of my personal life - divorce and my younger sons medical exams took my time. But now when everything is quite allright I'm more active and buying ponies again. :) So there are "dry seasons", but the passion doesn't go anywhere. Ponies are my thing, now and I'd like to think that they will always be.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 04:51:25 AM »
I have a very long wishlist. I also buy much less these days. I think just because you are done buying, that doesn't mean that you are done with your collection. There is always grooming, and rearranging, and appreciating. When I think about these other aspects, I don't know that I will ever be done. Or well, maybe at the point I go into the nursing home. Then I'll probably donate the entire collection to a children's hospital. I think that would be the happy end to my collecting. :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 06:55:13 AM »
My family would like to know the answer to this question, too. :P

I'm probably collecting more actively now than I have at any other time since I was, wow, in my early teens?  Back when G1 ponies were still sold at Kay-Bee Toys and all, anyway. :blush:  Yep, that old.  Anyway... I've got a lot of catching up to do.  Since I can at the moment, I am. ^.^  But as for when I'll stop... I did, once, when I "grew up", lol, but I don't know that I ever will again... even if it's only a pony or two every once in a blue moon. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 06:58:18 AM »
I dont see myself ever stopping collecting as such, its just too enjoyable! Of course there are buying breaks here and there due to money, rl, etc, I'll keep returning to the aul habit ;)

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 07:14:13 AM »
For now, I don't have anymore room for my collection to expand! xP  I keep having to restrain myself when I see a pony I want in my collection come up on here or eBay for sale.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 07:43:52 AM »
I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I've always been a collector, even from a very young age. Sometimes I focus more on my dolls, sometimes more on ponies. I focus mainly on G1, but I have other gens, too. There will always be an upgrade, variant, or nirvana pony that I need, lol! So even if I take a break for a while, I'll probably always collect ponies.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 09:02:01 AM »
when I have them all...?

Been collecting G1 since the early 80s and have almost all of the commonly released ones. Those last few are remaining elusive...

not a big fan of G2. it was so frustrating that most of them weren't sold in this country. Only have the original six and the wedding set.

Amost completed my G3 collection. Only ten or so to go now. Anyone have a licensing show Rarity or Pinkie pie for sale? How about a Bay Breeze or a Caribbean Delight?   Rosey Posey...?

I have something to confess... I LIKED G3.5! I know... it's a terrible thing to admit.
Only problem with them was the lack of available characters. Reeeeeally wanted a Minty. (cheerilie is so cute with pigtails!)

G4? Still lacking Minty! a few lucky people paid $150 for her on ebay...
Has anyone else noticed that G4s tails are attached a tad too low? It looks... uncomfortable.
The slow release and lack of new characters has made me lose interest in the line.
I'll probably buy them if they are localy available, but so far the toy shelves remain empty.

Yeah. I'll stop when I have them all!  Muahahahahaaaa!

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2013, 01:33:40 AM »
For those that are bored with the endless reissues for G4 have you ever considered getting into customs to pick up where Hasbro left off? I'm pretty sure there are at least a few customizers out there who are turning Blind Bag or Previous Gen ponies into G4 Brushies or you can even try doing them yourself.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2013, 02:46:38 AM »
For those that are bored with the endless reissues for G4 have you ever considered getting into customs to pick up where Hasbro left off? I'm pretty sure there are at least a few customizers out there who are turning Blind Bag or Previous Gen ponies into G4 Brushies or you can even try doing them yourself.

http://oak23.deviantart.com/art/G4-Pony-Collection-12-01-2013-348064313

That is my current collection. Heh. And I'm already getting bored with MLP because of a lack of interesting characters (Season 3 was very... meh) or new toys coming out that isn't drowing in Mane 6 rereleases. i find myself growing tired of collecting ponies in general because it kind of feels really stagnant right now and I'm only barely excited from the Toyfair pics heh.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2013, 05:45:44 AM »

That is my current collection. Heh. And I'm already getting bored with MLP because of a lack of interesting characters (Season 3 was very... meh) or new toys coming out that isn't drowing in Mane 6 rereleases. i find myself growing tired of collecting ponies in general because it kind of feels really stagnant right now and I'm only barely excited from the Toyfair pics heh.

Oh my god, your collection is awesome! I would love to see close up pics of all of them!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2013, 12:40:01 PM »
I mainly have G1s as well, and almost all of them are childhood ponies. I'm not so much into buying new ones as having fun with the ones I have. But I am collecting puffy stickers and pony outfits, and I'm not sure if that is going to stop. Probably when I have all the ones I want ;)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »
Stop collecting?  :what:

Offline Angellove

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2013, 12:55:18 PM »
I am burnt out on g4.
It's a good thing that I have G1, G2, some G3 to still get.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2013, 03:36:03 PM »

Wow! Those customs are amazing :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal