collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slightly annoyed with BJD seller, am I being a baby?  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Slightly annoyed with BJD seller, am I being a baby?
« on: February 22, 2013, 03:50:05 AM »
I recently bought a full set little fee from a seller on DOA. Let me start by saying she's really sweet and I don't want to file a complaint but I'm annoyed and am wondering if I'm making to much of this.

In her sales post she mentions he will come with an extra set of hands, not once but twice. I'm pretty excited about the doll and as silly as it is, I'm looking forward to the extra hands.

He came the day before yesterday, complete doll (painted nails on the hands he has on) which was disclosed. I'm fine with that. The seller had included glass instead of acrylic eyes, ok that was sweet. She also included an extra set of shoes, a wig and tshirt. Awesome, I love extras. No second set of hands.  I tear the box apart looking un wrapping each piece of paper. No hands. I pm her to ask about them after verifying the sales thread. Yup hands should be here according to her sales thread. Her response? Extra hands? I don't think I have any but if I find them I'll send them to you.

Really? I messaged her back stating I was only looking hor them because her thread stated extra hands came with the doll. Grr. Now the extras she sent and the glass eyes make up for the cost of the hands. But I'm still annoyed.

And for anyone who hasn't bought a Fairyland doll they come in this cute storybook. She had pulled the foam out of the story box and shipped him in the foam in another box. She didn't say his story book box was included, but really? Why pull the foam out? Either send him with his box or don't.

Yeah I got a sold out doll for a good price, I admit that. But include what you state is included!

So I'm really annoyed. Am I being a baby and need to get over it?

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Re: Slightly annoyed with BJD seller, am I being a baby?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 05:42:47 AM »
Nope, not being a baby. If the listing said "extra hands" it should have come with extra hands. Period.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 06:09:50 AM »
Nope, not being a baby. If the listing said "extra hands" it should have come with extra hands. Period.

Thank you! That's what I thought too. It doesn't help after removing the BLACK paint on his nails they're slightly stained. ugh! I should probably sand them, it should come off but I planned to take my time with that while he had the OTHER hands on. poop!

ETA: I emailed DenverDoll to see if they have any in stock. I don't mind fixing these as I planned too, but I don't want him handless while I'm doing it either. Watch, I'll order them from DDE and the seller will magically find them. Thats just my luck!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:15:13 AM by Vertefae »

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 07:03:54 AM »
I agree, you are not being a baby about this. The sales thread says extra hands and seller did not send them. Upgraded glass eyes and extra clothing was on them, you did not ask for them.

I don't know if it's worth opening up a paging thread or if you left the seller feedback yet. I'd probably tell her I would give seller a week to find the extra hands and then just be done with it since they don't seem to really be bothered by it.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 07:23:02 AM »
I agree, you are not being a baby about this. The sales thread says extra hands and seller did not send them. Upgraded glass eyes and extra clothing was on them, you did not ask for them.

I don't know if it's worth opening up a paging thread or if you left the seller feedback yet. I'd probably tell her I would give seller a week to find the extra hands and then just be done with it since they don't seem to really be bothered by it.

I haven't opened a paging thread yet or left feedback. I wrote her back saying they were in her sale thread and then I screen captured the thread just in case she tries to change it. I figured I'll giver her a couple of days and if she doesn't respond I'll just leave appropriate feedback. Or if she's a rude butt I'll open a paging thread. Let the mods deal with her. (I shouldn't be so mean over a set of $23 hands)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 07:47:15 AM »
$23 might not be much in BJD terms, but a missing $23 item from a purchase is certainly enough to make a fuss over. And regardless of the cost of the missing item, the fact is you were not send what you paid for and the seller needs to make that right.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 07:48:39 AM »
I would be annoyed too, if it says "extra hands" then there should be extra hands.  It's not like the seller didn't type up the sale thread herself..."extra hands" just magically appeared in the listing. 

I can  understand being disappointed too....FL hands are so CUTE!

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 09:12:46 AM »
It could have been an accident too. Once I sold a Lagoona and even tho the pet was in the pic, in my rush to get her out I forgot to include her in. The buyer let me know and I sent the pet along. So yeah message them because if they did forget I'm sure they would want to make things right. I wouldn't be upset about it yet since stuff happens but if they handle it poorly then you should be upset.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:16:10 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 09:38:23 AM »
It could have been an accident too. Once I sold a Lagoona and even tho the pet was in the pic, in my rush to get her out I forgot to include her in. The buyer let me know and I sent the pet along. So yeah message them because if they did forget I'm sure they would want to make things right. I wouldn't be upset about it yet since stuff happens but if they handle it poorly then you should be upset.

Thats what I thought, they just were misplaced or something, but this was her response:

I'm so glad he made it safe and sound and that you liked the extras! A second set of hands? Er... I don't think I have a second set of hands? But if I find them, I'll be more than happy to send them to you???

-Marah

Originally Posted by vertefae
Hey,
Out of curiosity were you going to send a second set of hands?

thanks

and the sales ad

Item: Littlefee Chiwoo Blue Riding Hood
Brand/Maker: Fairyland
Skintone and Resin Type: Normal Skin
Included in sale: -LTF Chiwoo boy, normal skin
-Blue Riding Hood fullset outfit
-default wig
-random pair of acrylic eyes
-extra pair of hands

Item Description
Up for sale is a Blue Riding Hood fullset Littlefee Chiwoo, factory faceup. Very gently loved, has hardly been out of his box.

This item has the following modifications: Ear piercing
He came with his ears pierced, and has a manicure on one set of hands.

So yeah.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 09:51:25 AM »
I would pursue the issue.  She is responsible for the listing she creates. 

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 10:01:14 AM »
I would pursue the issue.  She is responsible for the listing she creates. 

I wrote her back and said that I was asking because they were listed in the ad. Do I just wait and see if she responds or ? ugh I hate being the bad person.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 10:21:56 AM »
Wait and see how she responds.  If she still says she doesn't have the extra hands or whatever, let her know you're going to have to leave negative feedback or go to the mods.  Once she knows that you're not going to just let it drop, she might "magically" find the extra hands.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 10:52:30 AM »
Wait and see how she responds.  If she still says she doesn't have the extra hands or whatever, let her know you're going to have to leave negative feedback or go to the mods.  Once she knows that you're not going to just let it drop, she might "magically" find the extra hands.

Thanks!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
 I wonder if she used an older template and forgot the hands offer was in there.  Even so it was her listing and you deserve the hands or money for hands that were not included.  Its not being a baby to want what you paid for.  I don't care what kind of deal you got..that was part of it.  Hope it works out.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 11:13:57 AM »
I would pursue it as well. If she doesn't have extra hands to send, she should refund the amount to cover a new set.

Item Description
Up for sale is a Blue Riding Hood fullset Littlefee Chiwoo, factory faceup. Very gently loved, has hardly been out of his box.

And this ^^ If he has hardly been out of his box she obviously has it. Why not send it?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal