collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35525 times)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1470 on: March 16, 2013, 08:50:59 AM »
Haha.. I LOVE pink x black!!! But Lala always looks too human for my taste.... so I'll have her, give her a leather jacket and boots and she'll be SO AWESOMEEEEEEEEE--. •o•

Scratch that.. I'll have SEVERAL and make them wear all the Lala fashions. Goodbye Draculaura - You're out now! :>

I lol'd at this ^^

xD!
It's true tho - I cannot wait to see the actual doll now. :>

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 16, 2013, 08:54:14 AM »
Wow, if that is Catty Noir, I definitely want her! I love pink and her outfit is adorable!

I also really like PD Frankie. Her outfit is adorable and I love her makeup.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 16, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
Come here kitty kitty, get on my shelf NOW!

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1473 on: March 16, 2013, 09:12:43 AM »
I feel like that Catty is just fan art, but I'd love it if she was legit! Black and pink is a favorite of mine.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: March 16, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »
Now THAT is how to do another werecat. That being said, I still want a sphinx! And WYDOWNA!!!!!

Please, God of Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Monster of the Black Lagoon, bring us the lady black spider with her fiery red hair and her six glorious arms. We beseech you! We beg of you! We PLEAD with you!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: March 16, 2013, 09:40:30 AM »
I guess the Scaris two pack is available for pick up at some TRU. The nearest one to me doing it is over 50 miles out. I hate you TRU/Mattel.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: March 16, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »
Now THAT is how to do another werecat. That being said, I still want a sphinx! And WYDOWNA!!!!!

Please, God of Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Monster of the Black Lagoon, bring us the lady black spider with her fiery red hair and her six glorious arms. We beseech you! We beg of you! We PLEAD with you!
AMEN Brother Tuney!!  Wydowna needed to happen like yesterday!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: March 16, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
Hmmm, if that image of Catty is the real deal, it could be Darko Djordjevic's work. He did the official promo art for the Werecat Twins, as well as the illustrations for the "Ghoulfriends Forever" books, and this looks like his style.

http://darkodordevic.deviantart.com/
^ He also has a lot of MH fanart posted on his deviantart that I absolutely love,
like his OC Unicorn: http://darkodordevic.deviantart.com/art/Magical-Unicorn-Ghoul-333574453

As far as the character goes, I like the idea of a truly black-skinned doll, I think the execution could be gorgeous, though I admit that I'm not much into the more frou-frou styles of MH. Her outfit is a bit too Pepto Bismol pink for me, however I do like the cracked mirror top, it's a cute touch.

I'd have to reserve my final judgment of this character for the actual doll. Her style may be a nice counterbalance to Toralei and the Twins' punk rock style, and she would look cute next to Catrine. Going by the character's ears, I'd say they would be re-using Toralei's mold this time around, rather than the Twins'.

I know money talks, and the werecats are likely seeing a good enough of a demand for Mattel to focus on them as much as they have, but I'm one who thinks that they're are getting to be a bit much, and this coming from someone who adores cats. They're even starting to become the majority of filler background characters in the CGI specials, lol. I wonder if it's intentional? ;) If they're going to give us repeat monsters, I'd like to see some of the other concepts used. Maybe some more ghosts, or dragons, or vampires, make Frankie a younger sibling, anything to balance out the ratio a bit.

Yes! :D A Sphinx would be fantastic, and I'd sell my soul for Wydowna at this point.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:53:52 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

animal_lover

« Reply #1478 on: March 16, 2013, 11:12:46 AM »
I like this idea for catty but I agree it's a little to PINK! .  :lol: I think purple would be much more awesome and it would give her that darker/goth/monster vibe.  I still think mattel is doing so much pink because these are toys mainly for little girls.

This is just my 2 cents and nit picking but if wydowna is a spider shouldn't she have 8 legs?

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: March 16, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »
I like this idea for catty but I agree it's a little to PINK! .  :lol: I think purple would be much more awesome and it would give her that darker/goth/monster vibe.  I still think mattel is doing so much pink because these are toys mainly for little girls.

This is just my 2 cents and nit picking but if wydowna is a spider shouldn't she have 8 legs?

She has 2 legs and 6 arms

2+6=8  :biggrin:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: March 16, 2013, 11:45:13 AM »
Hmm... Catty (if that is her) has a pop star/celebrity motif going on... Maybe she's connected to the new movie that a trademark has been found for? It has something to do with acting after all.

(Lulz... going through tumblr, it seems as if I am not the only one wondering this!)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:48:14 AM by Catlein »

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: March 16, 2013, 11:47:21 AM »
I'd like a "bad luck" black cat if she didn't look so... friendly.

I am not saying I want more "mean girl" werecats like Toralei, but she could look bad but be good.

The whole "don't judge a book..." like they have a lot in MH

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: March 16, 2013, 11:50:21 AM »
I've heard similar statements like yours a few times now and I'm curious: is there anyone who likes GNO Lagoona? :lol:

I like GNO Lagoona. :) She probably won't be a must-have, but I will probably get her eventually.

Not sure how I feel about the probable Catty Noir.  I like the character design but the pink sparkly dress is too much.   Gotta have her though (OMG so excited that they're finally making a *black* cat), and I'd love to do like keylimepony suggested and dress her in a "Noir" gangster style suit and fedora.

animal_lover

« Reply #1483 on: March 16, 2013, 12:03:23 PM »
Oh. My bad. Lol I've never actually seen her I was just going by what tuney said. Haha

This is off topic but I bought a scaris ghoulia on sale to open and play with. But I'm a little confused when it comes to her glasses. There's the plastic band on them that i guess keeps them on while she's in the package. And then the plastic band has one of those plastic hang tag things going into her head.

Do I take all of this off? Or do you need it to keep the glasses on? I apologize if this is kind of a stupid question. I just din't wanna take it off and then the glasses don't stay on.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1484 on: March 16, 2013, 01:01:06 PM »
Oh my gosh, she's a perfect counterpart to Catrine. Yin and Yang, if you will.

Great point! I love her!! I have been hoping for a black cat. I think it's also a good way to test the waters for a very dark doll like that with something that they know is selling fairly well [werecats] so they don' waste time/effort/resources on a dark doll like the Spider if she won't sell. Do you know what I'm saying??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal