collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35824 times)

papier

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1410 on: March 15, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
I think that Die-ner Operetta is going to be 'the one'. I've gotten through three Opies because all of them in some way sucked - awful wonk-eye, balding, hair plugs out of line...this is going to be the one. And the lack of mask is a good thing, as fair as I'm concerned: it'll be much easier to spot facial flaws.

I'm so embarrassed and upset...  I posted a comment on the pic of Heath and Abbey that Monster High Dolls put up.  I wrote about how much I love them.  I guess my mom saw that I "liked" the photo or something and went over to see it and commented on it, saying "Don't buy these for your kids".  Yes.  She posted that on a Monster High Dolls photo.  I'm 28 and I haven't lived at home for four years, and my mom is still trying to take a big old dump on anything/everything I like that she happens to disapprove of.  And in a public place devoted to the dolls she apparently dislikes, no less.  I grew up feeling somewhat ashamed of many of the things I liked because SHE didn't like them and went out of her way to express that to me.  I thought I was free from that now.  I guess this just triggered me...
Excuse me while I die of embarrassment.  :sad:

*hugs* I'm always saddened to read things like this at the arena. Even while you're upset, I'm sure there's a part of you that knows that you don't need her permission to like things, so listen to it! So many people put themselves through misery trying to please their parents, and it's not worth it - your life is no more or less successful for having your parents give the thumbs up. You could always say to her: 'That's just, like, your opinion and stuff'. Always silences my mother! XD

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 15, 2013, 04:22:37 PM »
Not a huge fan of the GNO dolls besides Rochelle!

I've heard similar statements like yours a few times now and I'm curious: is there anyone who likes GNO Lagoona? :lol:
People seem to favor either Rochelle or Spectra. Rochelle seems to be the most adored so far.
I have to admit, I don't like GNO Rochelle and Lagoona that much.
If I had to rank them it'd look like this:
#1 Spectra
#2 Lagoona
#3 Rochelle

I'm so embarrassed and upset...  I posted a comment on the pic of Heath and Abbey that Monster High Dolls put up.  I wrote about how much I love them.  I guess my mom saw that I "liked" the photo or something and went over to see it and commented on it, saying "Don't buy these for your kids".  Yes.  She posted that on a Monster High Dolls photo.  I'm 28 and I haven't lived at home for four years, and my mom is still trying to take a big old dump on anything/everything I like that she happens to disapprove of.  And in a public place devoted to the dolls she apparently dislikes, no less.  I grew up feeling somewhat ashamed of many of the things I liked because SHE didn't like them and went out of her way to express that to me.  I thought I was free from that now.  I guess this just triggered me...

Urgh, that sucks. I think parents who try to passiv-agressively guilt-trip their kids are a pain in the ***.
I'm lucky to have parents who always approved of the toys I wanted (even when I suddenly started to collect them again as an adult, haha), but I know a lot of people who get crap for their completely harmless love for nice looking toys and/or collectors items and it makes me shake my head so hard.

Should I ever have children, I will be glad if they find joy in something harmless instead of, you know, violence and drugs? :P

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 15, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »

I want to like her comment & say, "Yeah! More for me!" I'd do it just to tick her off, even though I might get flamed.  :P

*snip* I'm curious: is there anyone who likes GNO Lagoona? :lol:

Me!! Love her. I probably won't get Spectra or Rochelle based off of what I've seen thus far.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:28:16 PM by shockponie »
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 15, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »
I love GNO Lagoona! She's adorbs! :heart: I try not to be biased, but she's gorgeous! I loved Spectra when I saw her promo picture and now that I see in-box pictures, I'm not a fan anymore. I do love her outfit though! I'm not a fan of Rochelle's hair. I love her with bangs. Her outfit is ok.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 15, 2013, 04:33:34 PM »
She purdy, I so want her! Although, I thought her black dress was some kind of like black romper at first. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

jennovazombie

« Reply #1415 on: March 15, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »
Dern, Toysrus didn't have the werecat 3 pack. Hubby saw the scaris cleo+lagoona set, but he was like "I'm not getting you a set if you don't like one of the dolls, that's just silly." Next week we'll go back to see if they have the 3 pack, maybe he'll change his mind on the scaris set because I keep talking about those beautiful octopus accessories!
Something about Lagoona bugs me....probably her goat eyes. They are so stinkin far apart and bugged out! o _ o

animal_lover

« Reply #1416 on: March 15, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »
Dern, Toysrus didn't have the werecat 3 pack. Hubby saw the scaris cleo+lagoona set, but he was like "I'm not getting you a set if you don't like one of the dolls, that's just silly." Next week we'll go back to see if they have the 3 pack, maybe he'll change his mind on the scaris set because I keep talking about those beautiful octopus accessories!
Something about Lagoona bugs me....probably her goat eyes. They are so stinkin far apart and bugged out! o _ o

I agree about lagoona. She just always has this blank expression on her face. I feel like the other ghouls are a lot more expressive and have more character. Some of Rochelle's dolls have weird facial expressions to me too.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1417 on: March 15, 2013, 04:41:49 PM »
I've heard similar statements like yours a few times now and I'm curious: is there anyone who likes GNO Lagoona? :lol:
I wouldn't go so far as to say she's ugly, but I certainly find this version of Lagoona to be pretty boring. Not interested in the GNO line at all really. Not even for their outfits.

I agree about lagoona. She just always has this blank expression on her face. I feel like the other ghouls are a lot more expressive and have more character. Some of Rochelle's dolls have weird facial expressions to me too.
Mad Science Lagoona has a really sweet expression. I think that's partly why she's my favorite Lagoona.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #1418 on: March 15, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »
I finally got the Scaris 2 pack.. now I can shut my yapper about it and stay silent until the next line comes out.
I also took advantage of the BOGO sale.. or tried to since there wasn't much left. I bought the powder room, even though I already have the set and have the doll coming to me. I guess I thought customizing it would be fun, that and I want to rehair that Draculaura in blonde I think since she has such a soft delicate face. Meh, I figured for half the price it was worth it. If I was spending $30 already I wanted to make it worth it and get an item with the same value lol. My reasoning sucks.. I just wanted to buy dolls!!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 15, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »
Urgh, that sucks. I think parents who try to passiv-agressively guilt-trip their kids are a pain in the ***.
I'm lucky to have parents who always approved of the toys I wanted (even when I suddenly started to collect them again as an adult, haha), but I know a lot of people who get crap for their completely harmless love for nice looking toys and/or collectors items and it makes me shake my head so hard.

Should I ever have children, I will be glad if they find joy in something harmless instead of, you know, violence and drugs? :P

Exactly!  Ugh.  I'm not hurting anyone.  She doesn't have to like them, but I wish she'd just keep it to herself instead of trying to make me feel bad about it.  She's definitely very passive-aggressive "You must feel the same way that I do about this or you are stupid and wrong" guilt-trippy.  REALLY glad I don't live with her anymore.

I want to like her comment & say, "Yeah! More for me!" I'd do it just to tick her off, even though I might get flamed.  :P

Lol!!  Great response, actually. :D

*hugs* I'm always saddened to read things like this at the arena. Even while you're upset, I'm sure there's a part of you that knows that you don't need her permission to like things, so listen to it! So many people put themselves through misery trying to please their parents, and it's not worth it - your life is no more or less successful for having your parents give the thumbs up. You could always say to her: 'That's just, like, your opinion and stuff'. Always silences my mother! XD

Thanks… :hug:  I know I don’t need her permission to like what I like.  I think the most upsetting part about it is that she is STILL trying to control me like she used to.  I wish she’d give it a rest.  These dolls are awesome.  She’s not going to change my mind!  And I’ll buy whatever I want for my kids.  A couple people actually responded to her and said things like that.  I “liked” those comments. XD

Didn't mean to get off track.  I do like GNO Rochelle, but I'm not too crazy about her outfit.  GNO Lagoona doesn't really do anything for me.  I do really like GNO Spectra but her purple hands are kind of a turn-off.  I think that's one of the main reasons I didn't end up buying a Sweet 1600 Clawdeen.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:59:45 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 15, 2013, 05:25:19 PM »
You should post the link to the photo and get everyone to troll her and and see how she reacts. :P

"You raise your kids the way you want, but don't tell everyone else what to buy and what not to buy for our children"

"More for us!"

"Why are you telling us what to not buy if you don't like them??"

lead the way and the piranha will follow. XD lol jk, that's too mean.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 15, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
You should post the link to the photo and get everyone to troll her and and see how she reacts. :P

"You raise your kids the way you want, but don't tell everyone else what to buy and what not to buy for our children"

"More for us!"

"Why are you telling us what to not buy if you don't like them??"

lead the way and the piranha will follow. XD lol jk, that's too mean.

Lol!  Well, I mean, she WAS technically trolling the MH Dolls page. I can't blame people for getting upset with her.  Trying not to feel guilty about all of this...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:59:01 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 15, 2013, 05:44:34 PM »
Tropical_Sunset, I saw a few people telling her stuff so I decided to join in. I told her I'm only 19 so the Heath and Abbey two-pack will be for me :P I cannot wait for these two. I only want Heath but Abbey looks so pretty ^.^ I love her outfit and the way her hair was done.

I also like GNO Lagoona. She's my favorite out of the line so far but that might change when people start posting pictures.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

faunabay

« Reply #1423 on: March 15, 2013, 06:45:48 PM »
I adore Rochelle!!  She was my very first MH doll and I got her as a present which made her even more special.  But.......I'm not sure about the  GNO Rochelle.  The way her eyebrows are placed to me she looks perpetually surprised!   :blink:  So I'm going to wait until I can see her in person to completely make a decision but I'm really not sure I want to get her.   :(

animal_lover

« Reply #1424 on: March 15, 2013, 07:03:08 PM »
I know this has probably been asked a million times but do barbie clothes fit on monster high dolls?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal