collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35729 times)

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #690 on: March 05, 2013, 10:03:58 AM »

Didn't I hear somewhere back in this very thread that they were re-releasing all of the boys cept Holt?  Wonder why Holt isn't getting any love-

I thought they were re-releasing a signature Holt???

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #691 on: March 05, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »
Has this been posted here yet?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I was super-excited about Bloodgood getting her nightmare until I googled what it looked like. Silly me. For some reason, I was expecting it to look like a D&D nightmare, which would've been way more awesome than a silly blue horse with bloodshot eyes. Sigh ...

I'm curious to know what the 13 Wishes Big Moment Doll is. That one wasn't part of the preview pics I saw. The Friday the 13th doll sounds interesting - probably Catty Noir, eh?

Oh, and "Blitz Item - Sweet 1600 (CR)" - I wonder what that is. Anyone know what that "(CR)" stands for?

Looks like Lala's Diener is going to be like the Coffin Bean (general release set has one doll, exclusive has two).

So, according to this the GNO 4-pack will be a Walmart exclusive here in the US and The DC 5-pack most likely will be Target to replace Skull Shores?  Catty Noir will be a Target exclusive as well?  That's how the stores pair up between Europe and the US right?

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 05, 2013, 10:05:31 AM »
Probably b/c he was shelf-warming for AGES and they don't want to have that again. :|

(I know it's silly, since the fandom is completely different by now and I think he would sell.. alas, Mattel probably thinks different about his or does not think about it at all. LOL.)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 05, 2013, 10:09:57 AM »
From what I remember when I first started out in collecting MH, Holt was the one mostly warming the shelves like there was no tomorrow, so Mattel is probably thinking: "This blue guy didn't sell so well in the beginning, so releasing him again could be a risk that we'll be overstocked with him again and we'll lose money making so many of him." but what they don't know is that people are desperate for him now and need him!!

The main new things I only want are I <3 Fashion Scarah and the GNO 4 pack.

Don't know if I really want the GNO line, but OMG They come with iCoffins!!! But if I get the 4-pack, then I'll have to get the other three single releases and that really goes against what I stand for in my One Doll Per Character Rule...Then again that rule is slowly diminishing anyways ever since I opened Rochelle/Venus/Robecca/Jinafire...=_=; Urrgh what's happening to me...*lays in fetal position*
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #694 on: March 05, 2013, 10:11:14 AM »

Didn't I hear somewhere back in this very thread that they were re-releasing all of the boys cept Holt?  Wonder why Holt isn't getting any love-

I thought they were re-releasing a signature Holt???

Please. For the love of my sanity, Mattel. Re-release him. I still haven't gotten over missing him since I came in the game so late. He's my most wanted doll, period!

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 05, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »
I thought they were re-releasing holt... But he was the only one who doesn't have the articulated wrists...

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 05, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »
Well Mattel can definitely come up with some big surprises- so who knows?  But it is true that Holt was a major shelf-warmer.  I remember seeing a pile of them in clearance...  :doh:  But hopefully they change their mind-  there must be someone in marketing monitoring the sales on ebay, right?   

I guess the real problem is that the plan for new dolls occurs a year in advance of them actually hitting the shelf- a lot can happen in a year...

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 05, 2013, 10:37:06 AM »
*looks at DC Gil.... Can't stop thinking Gilly Elliot*

WildLace

« Reply #698 on: March 05, 2013, 10:45:24 AM »

:lmao: :haha:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 05, 2013, 11:07:16 AM »
Well, there goes ALL my money this year. :dizzy:

I really only want Scarah, Clawd, and Gil (must stick to the one doll per character rule >_< ) so I will have to buy the 5-pack and the 2-pack and just get rid of the dolls :huh: No way am I going to pay Ebay scalper prices for the guys. Actually, is anyone willing to split those two packs with me? You can have the ghouls, I just want the guys :)

Sprinkles, if nobody else has volunteered to split with ya, I'll totally buy your DC Rochelle XD I neeeed every Rochelle and would prefer not to buy the whole pack just for her... Especially with so many other dolls coming out that I want! :faint: And I'm not even sure the pack will come to Canada...?

edit: oh, makes sense that it will be the new Target exclusive to replace the beach 5-packs. So possibly our new Canadian Targets will get it, but still. :P
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:08:50 AM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 05, 2013, 11:31:50 AM »

I really only want Scarah, Clawd, and Gil (must stick to the one doll per character rule >_< ) so I will have to buy the 5-pack and the 2-pack and just get rid of the dolls :huh: No way am I going to pay Ebay scalper prices for the guys. Actually, is anyone willing to split those two packs with me? You can have the ghouls, I just want the guys :)

Sprinkles, if nobody else has volunteered to split with ya, I'll totally buy your DC Rochelle XD I neeeed every Rochelle and would prefer not to buy the whole pack just for her... Especially with so many other dolls coming out that I want! :faint: And I'm not even sure the pack will come to Canada...?

edit: oh, makes sense that it will be the new Target exclusive to replace the beach 5-packs. So possibly our new Canadian Targets will get it, but still. :P

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy a pack and split it with someone because my area seems to be the last to get anything -_- We STILL don't have Catrine (luckily my boyfriend got her for me as a birthday present ^.^ ). Thank you though!
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 05, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »
I really like GNO Venus, I'm just not sure if I like her better than Music Festival Venus or not. I definitely want GNO Rochelle, so if I decide I want GNO Venus, I'll probably buy the 4 pack and sell Clawdeen and Ghoulia. I like I Heart Fashion Clawdeen's dress, but I won't buy her just for that. I'm not a fan of Scarah, but I like all her clothes and shoes, which I think may be worth buying her and selling her nude. I'm still regretting not grabbing I Heart Fashion Abbey on Black Friday for her outfits and shoes.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 05, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »

He totally is! Awww.
You can do it, Gil! ^^

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 05, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy a pack and split it with someone because my area seems to be the last to get anything -_- We STILL don't have Catrine (luckily my boyfriend got her for me as a birthday present ^.^ ). Thank you though!

No worries! If I end up buying the whole pack and don't like Gil enough to keep, maybe I can sell him to you!  ^.^ The Arena is so awesome for redistributing multipacks between us XD :grouphug:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 05, 2013, 01:29:50 PM »
I'm not up to date on my webisode watching so Gil's character could have had some changes I'm not aware of, but I can't imagine him DANCING.  He's such a stick in the mud, he's the LAST character I would have guessed belonged in the Dance Class line.

Also, I've been meaning to make this point.  I think Scaris Deuce not effecting Sig. Deuce's value makes sense.  Most people prefer the Sig outfits they see in the webisodes and specials.  Sig is also a deluxe doll, and Scaris is a Basic doll.  I think prices for SS Gil will go down with this DC release, because it's not the same situation  SS and DC Gil are almost the same.  They may even be no different from each other!  I think SS Gil's value has nowhere to go but down.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal