collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35335 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #420 on: March 01, 2013, 06:44:43 AM »
1600 was all that was around when I started collecting, and had started to dwindle off. But then all of a sudden they started restocking again like it was going out of style. How u do business Mattel??

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 01, 2013, 06:45:19 AM »
mejohnson: that Ghoulia is fabulous, really. She is one of my least favorite characters, but I adore that look and her hair and ... Everything about her!

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 01, 2013, 06:47:00 AM »
mejohnson: that Ghoulia is fabulous, really. She is one of my least favorite characters, but I adore that look and her hair and ... Everything about her!

I love ghoulia!! I have an affinity for Zombies... Lol... I adore this and wish it was real and not just a really good custom  :cry:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 01, 2013, 06:50:17 AM »
It's definitely strange that they're rereleasing the 1600 dolls. I saw them (minus Clawd) on the shelves in the MH section constantly until after Christmas, when they were moved to the Clearance section, and last time I checked, they were still there. It would make a lot more sense to rerelease the DotD line since lots of new collectors never had the chance to get them. I know I'd love to get DotD Ghoulia and Lagoona's dresses and I really like DotD Frankie, so I'd be happy with a rerelease of them.

pan5da

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #424 on: March 01, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »
Just saw on Tumblr that Catrine is being sold on Walmart.com!  Out of stock though.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 01, 2013, 07:17:02 AM »
mejohnson: I love zombie movies and Ghoulia on the webisodes, but somehow most of her dolls just don't appeal to me. That custom however is absolutely lovely and now I want it! :lol:

I usually love Draculaura in any shape or form, I love the styles she is given, her "pinkness" (my favorite color) and the cutesy persona she has on the webisodes. Today I went to a local supermarket that sells the dolls and I looked at all the Scaris Draculauras and liked none of them. She looks so pretty on the promo pics and terrible in person. The eay her face is painted just looks lazy and sloppy, I didn't like it at all.

Ghoulia on the other hand looks terrible in the promo pics. To me she looks so frumpy and seems to dress older than she is. In person, well, pics, we don't seem to have her here for some reason, she looks super cute! I am hoping that she will join the crew with Jinafire, when she becomes available here.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 01, 2013, 07:20:50 AM »
I'm a bit frustrated...my husband is fixing his car at my friends house with the help of her dad... And the custom Frankie I got from keelyVH arrived yesterday... So when he went back to our house he brought the package to me... Now I am absolutely in love with this custom!! But my friends SIL goes "omg you collect dolls!" Like no one allowed to have a frickin hobby... And I found myself trying to defend myself as a doll collector who is 28 years old and a mother of 3... And what's worse is my husband joined in with the somewhat mocking that they were all doing... I don't bash these people and it hurt... I don't think my husband realizes how much it hurt me.. He got an earful last night...   :cry: I'm just glad I have you guys to talk to about it and have something in common with... I don't understand why some people have issues with what other people enjoy... If you don't like it... Don't do it! :mad:

Sorry vent over...

I understand how that must've felt :( It's like when my friends asks me about my cosplay hobby. They are all like "So you dress up as anime characters? What do you do then, play around like you were anime people?"

And still, they love to dress up in costumes when we go on masquerade parties, but when it's outside parties, they see it as immature... :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 01, 2013, 07:51:48 AM »
Wow, that 1600 Ghoulia Custom is lovely! They SHOULD release new designs. ;O;

(and yeaaah.. I also wish for a rerelease of the DotD-Line.. I remember seeing them in stores but by then I had already bought my Sig Frankie and thought she'd be the only MH doll I'd ever own. YA RIGHT... XD)

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 01, 2013, 08:07:17 AM »
I thrid a desire for DotD re-release! I love the line so much!!! I have none of them as of yet, but I really, really want Deuce! He is such a fantastic doll.

I was wondering the other day (I do think about other things than MH honest!) why is it that there are like... three swim lines for MH. Now why have three different versions of swimsuits? Is it because that is an easy way to make a playline doll? I do't really like swimsuit dolls at all and I don't really care for any of those lines. I hope it will be a while before they make yet another swimsuit line.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 01, 2013, 08:14:40 AM »
I would like a DotD re-release too!! Lol.. On another note... Have been waiting for my Walmart to restock the basic lines... The 2 in my area both got them in last night.. Made it to both first thing this morning... And either had deuce!! Gah!!  -_-

I have been trying to help people get him... But missed out.. Now if only target would put the rest of their scaris basics on "clearance" to get rid of the 5,000 abbeys... Lol

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 01, 2013, 08:15:49 AM »
Eww, no, no SS1600 re-release for me, plz. I'm also more partial to DotD (gotta get that Cleo).

However, if I had to pick a dance line I'd be all for a second wave of Dot Dead Gorgeous!!! Cleo, Frankie and Clawdeen had such fancy dresses in the webisode. I wish they'd make them q__q

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 01, 2013, 09:16:48 AM »
Just saw on Tumblr that Catrine is being sold on Walmart.com!  Out of stock though.

I was wondering when they were going to update their database, thanks for pointing this out. Now people can check their stores for her without having to call first, or make the drive for nothing. :)

http://checkinventory.home.comcast.net/~checkinventory/
Her item number is 23374934.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 01, 2013, 09:20:51 AM »
urrgh S1600 again??? Didn't they just sit on shelves most of their life? (/endsarcasm) For the longest time when I first saw the S1600 dolls, I always wanted to maybe get Frankie, but kinda didn't due to my One Per Character Rule, but if I see them again, Maybe, MAYBE She'll come home with me...to stay MIB. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Argentum-Zeena

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #433 on: March 01, 2013, 09:57:09 AM »
Oh wow, S1600 again? My Walmart still has some from last year (and still at full price...). It's so strange that one of the least loved lines is getting a re-release.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 01, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »
We should be happy they just didn't give us a whole re-release of SS, and only give us SS Ghoulia per case. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal