collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35076 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #390 on: February 28, 2013, 04:22:53 PM »
Big hug for everyone!!  :grouphug:

I can't imagine people I love getting on my back for collecting dolls. I've been very lucky that everyone has been very supportive. My boyfriend has recently got into playing the card game Magic so its great whenever I want to go check out the MH isle in toys cause he just goes to the card isle in the toys section. :p

Don't let them bug you. It's better to be happy with yourself and your hobbies then a "grown up". A true grown up knows that happiness is really what comes first in life. If you are paying all the necessities to live and have extra money you are free to spend that however you like!

Also thanks for posting that pic Pickle! I am SO in love with that two pack!!

It's the same for me! My boyfriend is into Magic so we're always looking at the cards and toys!
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

picklepud

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #391 on: February 28, 2013, 04:46:22 PM »
Thank you gang. xxxxxx

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 28, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »
Somewhat random question: what would be the best way to straighten a DC Howleen's hair? As much as I love her hair puffs, I want her hair to be straight and afraid that I may ruin her hair if I were to try and use real hair products on it. xD

My brother (22) would mock me a few months ago when I started getting into MH and I just gave him a stare and pointed out that I could never spend as much money on dolls than he spends on cigarettes and beer. He went silent ;)

Haha, i should do that the next time my sister picks on me. I am certain she has spent more money on clothes and partying in one year than I ever had on my MH collection of 30+ dolls. xD

I do have people that are supportive on my hobby. Two of my friends also collect MH dolls (one is huge Lagoona fan and has one of each version of her so far). Plus, my boyfriend has no problem with me collecting MH and MLP. We are both geeks in our own way, so he is totally understanding of my love for the freaky fab ghouls. <3
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 28, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »
I'm a bit frustrated...my husband is fixing his car at my friends house with the help of her dad... And the custom Frankie I got from keelyVH arrived yesterday... So when he went back to our house he brought the package to me... Now I am absolutely in love with this custom!! But my friends SIL goes "omg you collect dolls!" Like no one allowed to have a frickin hobby... And I found myself trying to defend myself as a doll collector who is 28 years old and a mother of 3... And what's worse is my husband joined in with the somewhat mocking that they were all doing... I don't bash these people and it hurt... I don't think my husband realizes how much it hurt me.. He got an earful last night...   :cry: I'm just glad I have you guys to talk to about it and have something in common with... I don't understand why some people have issues with what other people enjoy... If you don't like it... Don't do it! :mad:

Sorry vent over...

Gives bigg squishy hug  :hug:.. Sorry that people can be so Rude is about the nicest word I can think of right now. I mean its your hobby, it makes you happy and your not hurting anyone or yourself so they need to just deal with it ( easier said than done I know) just know that there are a lot more people out there like you who collect and that you have people here that you can talk to and share your passion with (its what helps keep me sane lol) there is a lot of things that a person could be doing that are worse or weirder than collecting dolls,or toys, wish people could realize that before they pick on or make fun of a person that does collect...
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 28, 2013, 06:26:44 PM »
I know I've seen this answered before so I couldn't justify a new thread, but super smokey dolls?  Does the dryer sheet in a plastic bag work for them like it does for ponies?  Any tips or advice?  An ebay arrival just reeks and, my allergies are killing me :(

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 28, 2013, 06:27:54 PM »
I'm sorry to anyone who's been judged for the things that they like, whether that be ponies, monsters, cosplaying, or what have you.  I'm sure we've all been there before (raises hand) and it sucks.  BUT we have the Arena:)  Isn't that a great feeling, to know there is website filled with people to support you, no matter what?  Isn't it great to know that no matter how MH crazy you are, there's always someone who is just alittle crazier just around the corner?

I wish I had been apart of a forum like this back in high school (10 years ago!)  No one ever understood my collections.  Now I know I'm not alone:)

BIG ARENA HUGS!!! :grouphug:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #396 on: February 28, 2013, 06:35:57 PM »
Somewhat random question: what would be the best way to straighten a DC Howleen's hair? As much as I love her hair puffs, I want her hair to be straight and afraid that I may ruin her hair if I were to try and use real hair products on it. xD

My brother (22) would mock me a few months ago when I started getting into MH and I just gave him a stare and pointed out that I could never spend as much money on dolls than he spends on cigarettes and beer. He went silent ;)

Haha, i should do that the next time my sister picks on me. I am certain she has spent more money on clothes and partying in one year than I ever had on my MH collection of 30+ dolls. xD

I do have people that are supportive on my hobby. Two of my friends also collect MH dolls (one is huge Lagoona fan and has one of each version of her so far). Plus, my boyfriend has no problem with me collecting MH and MLP. We are both geeks in our own way, so he is totally understanding of my love for the freaky fab ghouls. <3

In regards to straightening I wet my dolls/ponies/toys hair with cold water and the put conditioner in it and then use my straightening iron onn it while the conditioner is still wet. probably not good for my straightening iron but I find it works. Especially for ponies with Frizzy hair.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 28, 2013, 06:44:22 PM »
I was looking at Big Bad Toy Store and saw this: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT15116&mode=retail

Anybody know anything about this?
-Bow Tie

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #398 on: February 28, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »
I was looking at Big Bad Toy Store and saw this: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT15116&mode=retail

Looks like the preorder from eBay I posted about a little while ago.  On eBay they were supposed to start becoming available in March and apparently BBTS too.  Maybe they are bringing S1600 Clawd back!

Post Merge: February 28, 2013, 06:52:31 PM

While twiddling away on eBay while watching Fantasia, I found a pre-order for the S1600 dolls guaranteeing they will be coming in February.  This includes Clawd!  Anyone think since they released "Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love" onto DVD that they are actually bringing Clawd back to be sold with the girls?  It doesn't look like any have sold and it ends in a few hours but still a curious find.

Here is my last post on it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:52:31 PM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 28, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »
Thanks guys... I spent all day at school so I didn't get a chance to answer.. Today has just been... Ugly.. Lol... Anyways... I am going to talk to him again about it... He did kind of apologize earlier... I'm just a bit frazzled that she said it and then he went further... Lol... And they do make me happy :) he's not a bad guy... Just stressed... He needs to hang out with "the guys" more often... Lmao...

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 28, 2013, 06:57:09 PM »
so today I finally found Catrine... Thay ALL had flaws, like tiny specs of paint all over the face, chipped eyes and skribbles around the eyebrows and eyes ... lol... This seems common but are all the flawed ones like this?
Youd think they would have better QC with an exclusive :)

I find that if anything, the exclusive dolls seem to be poorer than all the others.  It seems like the QC on them goes out the window. So annoying since you have to put out extra effort and sometimes pay more to find the darn things, only to have them be googly or sloppy.

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #401 on: February 28, 2013, 06:58:30 PM »
They better bring him back! I must have MOAR boys!! :drunk:

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #402 on: February 28, 2013, 06:59:44 PM »
I'm sorry, but I just find it really silly that they are doing the same 1600 dolls again. Clawd, I get that, I'm excited about him cause I want him. But the girls are still sitting on shelves around here. Why couldn't they do some other girls for the line and re release Clawd? Just not really getting it..
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 28, 2013, 07:00:11 PM »

Looks like the preorder from eBay I posted about a little while ago.  On eBay they were supposed to start becoming available in March and apparently BBTS too.  Maybe they are bringing S1600 Clawd back!

Post Merge: February 28, 2013, 06:52:31 PM

While twiddling away on eBay while watching Fantasia, I found a pre-order for the S1600 dolls guaranteeing they will be coming in February.  This includes Clawd!  Anyone think since they released "Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love" onto DVD that they are actually bringing Clawd back to be sold with the girls?  It doesn't look like any have sold and it ends in a few hours but still a curious find.

Here is my last post on it.

Oh! Ok. It's good that we now know the source! We shall see if it's really going to happen! It will be nice to give more people a chance to get Sweet 1600 Clawd!
-Bow Tie

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 28, 2013, 07:23:15 PM »
I'm sorry, but I just find it really silly that they are doing the same 1600 dolls again. Clawd, I get that, I'm excited about him cause I want him. But the girls are still sitting on shelves around here. Why couldn't they do some other girls for the line and re release Clawd? Just not really getting it..

Yeah... I find it really surprising that they'd bring this line back when it seems like it hasn't been selling all that well. Why do the signatures get taken off the shelf in a relatively quick time line while 1600 sticks around for over a YEAR. Unless these are new dolls, but that would also be a bit strange to have a second wave so much later.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal