collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 34625 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #375 on: February 28, 2013, 12:28:59 PM »
@mejohnson85: I am sorry that you went through that. :( :hug: I don't get why people have issues with other people's hobbies. If it what makes someone happy (and it's legal), then why give them a hard time about it?
I've had a friend basically tell my boyfriend (before we dated) that she imagined I would end up being a lonely 40 year old surround by a bunch of dolls/toys and that I needed to grow up.  :cry:
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 28, 2013, 12:32:28 PM »
Does anyone know if the CAM boys are still in stores??  Now that my daughters have Deuce, they want some other guys for him to hang out with. 

I have seen them numerous times in the past few weeks.  You should be able to find them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #377 on: February 28, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »
I'm a bit frustrated...my husband is fixing his car at my friends house with the help of her dad... And the custom Frankie I got from keelyVH arrived yesterday... So when he went back to our house he brought the package to me... Now I am absolutely in love with this custom!! But my friends SIL goes "omg you collect dolls!" Like no one allowed to have a frickin hobby... And I found myself trying to defend myself as a doll collector who is 28 years old and a mother of 3... And what's worse is my husband joined in with the somewhat mocking that they were all doing... I don't bash these people and it hurt... I don't think my husband realizes how much it hurt me.. He got an earful last night...   :cry: I'm just glad I have you guys to talk to about it and have something in common with... I don't understand why some people have issues with what other people enjoy... If you don't like it... Don't do it! :mad:

Sorry vent over...

@mejohnson85: I am sorry that you went through that. :( :hug: I don't get why people have issues with other people's hobbies. If it what makes someone happy (and it's legal), then why give them a hard time about it?
I've had a friend basically tell my boyfriend (before we dated) that she imagined I would end up being a lonely 40 year old surround by a bunch of dolls/toys and that I needed to grow up.  :cry:

I have always said it is much better to be a happy child than a stressed adult. Besides stressing makes your hair fall out.

Who cares what other people say or think about you. As long as you are happy than nothing else matters.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 28, 2013, 12:45:28 PM »
Ugh, those jerks, mejohnson85! I've had my husb try to razz me a couple times, but my SILs are cool & defend me by bringing up his video games. Too bad we weren't there to defend you! Hmph. :poke:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #379 on: February 28, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about that mejohnson, my husband lightly pokes fun at me sometimes too, more so about the excessive amounts of dolls I have then the collecting itself. I can understand where you're coming from though. Like others said, if its something that makes you happy then don't let what they say bother you!  I get more irritated honestly when my husband gives me the "mental eyeroll" because I want to stop at a store and look for dolls. Just look at it this way, other people who don't collect them may not understand it but in the MH world your collection is one I'm sure a lot of people envy and love to see ;)
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Rococo

« Reply #380 on: February 28, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »
Reading about those of you getting attacked by friends/loved ones for collecting dolls (or ponies as I often read) as a hobby is really giving me secondhand frustration. >__<

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 28, 2013, 01:08:59 PM »
i will admit that it would always bug me that I would get more flack for collecting MH and MLP than someone who often talked how wasted they are and how much they drank the night before. Dx

But yes, I have generally realized that if it makes me happy, then I should keep doing it. If other people have issues with me collecting and taking pics of MH dolls, then that is their problem.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 28, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
Does anyone know if the CAM boys are still in stores??  Now that my daughters have Deuce, they want some other guys for him to hang out with. 

They are still in the stores here.  If you can't find any locally I could pick one up for you, though it would probably be pricier than you're used to since I'm in Canada. 

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 28, 2013, 01:23:30 PM »
Sorry to hear your family gave you grief MEJohnson :( That sucks and I hope hubby apologises!

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys
Check out my web store: https://www.gaspodesponies.com

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 28, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »
I feel very happy that I have a boyfriend who is fine with me collecting ponies/dolls and the like because it's a part of who I am. :heart:

I'm so sorry that happened to you mejohnson85 :( Like has already been said  here, I too wish we could have been there to back you up! Everyone has a hobby or interest that maybe we don't like...(I don't like bieber, he freaks me out.) But I'm not going to rag on you even if you did!  <3

Just look at it this way, other people who don't collect them may not understand it but in the MH world your collection is one I'm sure a lot of people envy and love to see ;)

YES! This right here.  :hug:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 28, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »
Finally got chance to take a quick snap.

Scaris duo by Picklepud, on Flickr

Your pictures actually make that Lagoona look appealing; she's so much prettier with her hair down!

Yes! I really like her hair this way! :)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #386 on: February 28, 2013, 03:00:05 PM »
MJ85: When people knock someone's collecting habits, I've found that letting said people know how you feel is the best solution. If they really care for you, they'll cut it out. Don't let 'friends' get away with that nonsense!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 28, 2013, 03:30:21 PM »
i will admit that it would always bug me that I would get more flack for collecting MH and MLP than someone who often talked how wasted they are and how much they drank the night before. Dx

Something like this wouldn't just bug me, it would downright offend me.
That's terrible!

My brother (22) would mock me a few months ago when I started getting into MH and I just gave him a stare and pointed out that I could never spend as much money on dolls than he spends on cigarettes and beer. He went silent ;)

Frankie Stein

« Reply #388 on: February 28, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »
-joins everyone to give mejohnson a hug-  :grouphug:

so today I finally found Catrine... Thay ALL had flaws, like tiny specs of paint all over the face, chipped eyes and skribbles around the eyebrows and eyes ... lol... This seems common but are all the flawed ones like this?
Youd think they would have better QC with an exclusive :)

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #389 on: February 28, 2013, 04:10:30 PM »
Big hug for everyone!!  :grouphug:

I can't imagine people I love getting on my back for collecting dolls. I've been very lucky that everyone has been very supportive. My boyfriend has recently got into playing the card game Magic so its great whenever I want to go check out the MH isle in toys cause he just goes to the card isle in the toys section. :p

Don't let them bug you. It's better to be happy with yourself and your hobbies then a "grown up". A true grown up knows that happiness is really what comes first in life. If you are paying all the necessities to live and have extra money you are free to spend that however you like!

Also thanks for posting that pic Pickle! I am SO in love with that two pack!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal