collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35673 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #405 on: February 28, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »
I'm hoping it's just a stock photo that they are using 'til they get one that shows the new dolls + Clawd. At least, that's wishful thinking. XD

If they should re-release anything, it should be the Signature dolls and/or the DotD Dolls. They are far more popular than the Sweet 1600 dolls.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 28, 2013, 08:17:51 PM »
I'm hoping it's just a stock photo that they are using 'til they get one that shows the new dolls + Clawd. At least, that's wishful thinking. XD

If they should re-release anything, it should be the Signature dolls and/or the DotD Dolls. They are far more popular than the Sweet 1600 dolls.

ALL OF THE YES. I would absolutely LOVE to have a second chance at the DotD dolls. I'm still missing some!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
The Facebook group Monster High Dolls just posted the new Halloween costumes for this year. I really like the Howleen and Jinafire one, but not really a fan of the Skelita one. :(
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 28, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »
I saw those on tumblr. I love the Howleen and Twyla costumes! I wish they were in adult sizes! D:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 28, 2013, 08:44:53 PM »
I saw those on tumblr. I love the Howleen and Twyla costumes! I wish they were in adult sizes! D:
I'd like to say that the Extra Large size is the "Adult" size. I was able to fit in Abbey's costume last Halloween for an anime convention. It was neat that people actually recognized who I was at the con. xD
But they really should release some [official] adult sizes for the MH costumes. ;_; I could totally imagine an adult sized Nefera costume. <3
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #410 on: February 28, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »
I cant find them... Pictures please? :P

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #411 on: February 28, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »
I'm sorry, but I just find it really silly that they are doing the same 1600 dolls again. Clawd, I get that, I'm excited about him cause I want him. But the girls are still sitting on shelves around here. Why couldn't they do some other girls for the line and re release Clawd? Just not really getting it..

Yeah... I find it really surprising that they'd bring this line back when it seems like it hasn't been selling all that well. Why do the signatures get taken off the shelf in a relatively quick time line while 1600 sticks around for over a YEAR. Unless these are new dolls, but that would also be a bit strange to have a second wave so much later.

Maybe it's because of new collectors? I wish they would rerelease the signature versions though instead if that is why. Still, I'm contemplating reserving one of those so I don't have to fight to find Clawd. I really really want him. I'd be happy with Frankie and draculaura too, but I loathe Clawdeens purple hands.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 28, 2013, 09:20:56 PM »
I'm sorry, but I just find it really silly that they are doing the same 1600 dolls again. Clawd, I get that, I'm excited about him cause I want him. But the girls are still sitting on shelves around here. Why couldn't they do some other girls for the line and re release Clawd? Just not really getting it..

Yeah... I find it really surprising that they'd bring this line back when it seems like it hasn't been selling all that well. Why do the signatures get taken off the shelf in a relatively quick time line while 1600 sticks around for over a YEAR. Unless these are new dolls, but that would also be a bit strange to have a second wave so much later.

Signature lines seem to disappear quickly because they all share the same product code. So as Mattel changes out the characters, the stores continue to order using that number. Themed lines tend to have a unique code, so unless there's a case refresh, you'll see the same dolls on the shelf until they're sold through.

DotD was an unusual scenario. The wave 2 shared the same product code, but a LOT of stores didn't get them. Not sure if it was just an early franchise fluke, or if stores just didn't order that number anymore because they had tons of the first ones shelf-warming.

I do find it odd that the 1600 line is being re-released almost a year later. Clawd makes sense because he was removed early on, and the popularity of the boys has grown since then. But it would have made more sense (to me anyway) to release different dolls if they needed to continue with the 1600 line. We have art for Lagoona and Ghoulia; Cleo is there too, although she looks like she's sporting her GR outfit. But it couldn't be that hard to give her a new outfit that fits the theme.

Lilac-Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #413 on: February 28, 2013, 09:57:34 PM »
It's the same for me! My boyfriend is into Magic so we're always looking at the cards and toys!

That's so awesome!!

Oh man I want a DotD Draculaura so bad and wish they would do a re-release! I kinda hope the re-release Cupid if they are doing a Sweet 1600 re-release. I missed getting her and would love another chance to find her.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 28, 2013, 10:05:43 PM »

Signature lines seem to disappear quickly because they all share the same product code. So as Mattel changes out the characters, the stores continue to order using that number. Themed lines tend to have a unique code, so unless there's a case refresh, you'll see the same dolls on the shelf until they're sold through.

DotD was an unusual scenario. The wave 2 shared the same product code, but a LOT of stores didn't get them. Not sure if it was just an early franchise fluke, or if stores just didn't order that number anymore because they had tons of the first ones shelf-warming.

I do find it odd that the 1600 line is being re-released almost a year later. Clawd makes sense because he was removed early on, and the popularity of the boys has grown since then. But it would have made more sense (to me anyway) to release different dolls if they needed to continue with the 1600 line. We have art for Lagoona and Ghoulia; Cleo is there too, although she looks like she's sporting her GR outfit. But it couldn't be that hard to give her a new outfit that fits the theme.

Yeah, it seems odd and pointless to rerelease the existing S1600 girls. They've been on shelves here without a single break since they came out, and I'm totally sick to death of seeing them constantly for more than a year! And now there'll be piles more? Blargh! :razz:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 28, 2013, 10:51:33 PM »
Yeah, it seems odd and pointless to rerelease the existing S1600 girls. They've been on shelves here without a single break since they came out, and I'm totally sick to death of seeing them constantly for more than a year! And now there'll be piles more? Blargh! :razz:

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense at all.  There are still S1600 dolls on the shelves every time I go to the store.  Why would they reintroduce a line that still isn't selling a year after it's release?

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 01, 2013, 04:32:01 AM »
In germany we even had Clawd shelfwarming so yeah.. another release of 1600 is VERY uncalled for. I'm sure we won't get it here, tho. The stores have been DROWNING in 1600 + GR for over a year now and even put them on HEAVY sales which is rare. (and they still did not sell. LOL)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 01, 2013, 06:06:57 AM »
I know I've seen this answered before so I couldn't justify a new thread, but super smokey dolls?  Does the dryer sheet in a plastic bag work for them like it does for ponies?  Any tips or advice?  An ebay arrival just reeks and, my allergies are killing me :(

I use the baking soda method; first I wash the doll to help get some of the smell off and let dry completely. I put some baking soda in a bowl and put it and the doll in a sealable container; if the doll is really smelly I pour some on the bottom of box, lay the doll down, and cover her with more baking soda. After 24-48 hours the smell should be gone though I had some really stinky ponies take a week.

I found another method that uses vinegar:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5475212_remove-cigarette-smoke-smell-dolls.html
I haven't used it on dolls but have with their clothing and it does work!

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #419 on: March 01, 2013, 06:37:45 AM »
I would love it if they did different characters of the 1600 line. The only thing I wasn't big on with that line was the tinsel overload.. but I'm not big on tinsel in general so that's not a surprise. I love the party dresses and fancy styled hair though!
I think the stores around me are just starting to have their remaining 1600 stock dwindle out.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal