collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 34874 times)

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #285 on: February 25, 2013, 09:18:41 PM »
I went to JCP yesterday and they essentially said that mh is seasonal... Try only get it in around Xmas... They don't carry it year round :( at least that's what the associate told me...

That would make sense. I hadn't really seen any toys there recently. I guess I can scratch JCP off the list for having Swim dolls.
JCP is where I got my sig Robecca for $10!  It was marked down after christmas.   :P  They were cleaning out the toys they had for the holidays.  Woohoo!

I got two Sig Robecca's for $12 each at Go! Calenders and Games because everything in the store was half off. I was hoping to find a Venus for that cheap, but no dice. All I could find were Robeccas.
I wouldn't have bought a Robecca without that markdown.  She didn't really appeal to me from looking at scans.  But once I got her home and out of the box I fell in love!!  It's great when that happens!!   ;)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 25, 2013, 09:34:05 PM »
I went to JCP yesterday and they essentially said that mh is seasonal... Try only get it in around Xmas... They don't carry it year round :( at least that's what the associate told me...

That would make sense. I hadn't really seen any toys there recently. I guess I can scratch JCP off the list for having Swim dolls.
JCP is where I got my sig Robecca for $10!  It was marked down after christmas.   :P  They were cleaning out the toys they had for the holidays.  Woohoo!

I got two Sig Robecca's for $12 each at Go! Calenders and Games because everything in the store was half off. I was hoping to find a Venus for that cheap, but no dice. All I could find were Robeccas.
I wouldn't have bought a Robecca without that markdown.  She didn't really appeal to me from looking at scans.  But once I got her home and out of the box I fell in love!!  It's great when that happens!!   ;)

I love it when that happens! I've adored her, Rochelle and Venus since last year's toy fair and I avoided Venus and Robecca since then because I don't know why and I'm glad I waited because I at least got Robecca for a great deal! It was harder to find Venus. Especially with good make up and I ended up buying Rochelle when she first came out.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

empirical

« Reply #287 on: February 25, 2013, 10:01:58 PM »
Are there colouring pages in the Ghoul Spirit Doodle Book? I'm a sucker for colouring books, but if it's just puzzles and such, not so much :P I haven't ever seen it in stores...

I was looking at the preview of the Doodle Book on Barnes and Noble's website and it looks like there's a little bit of both? I didn't see the whole thing. Maybe like 6 pages or so? I'm wondering if it's online only since there's no option to see if it's in stock in stores or if you can ship it to the store.

i saw one at family dollar.

Post Merge: February 25, 2013, 10:03:20 PM

Birthday dinner at red lobster and I got a Gil, Dotd deuce and Dotd Draculaura... Awesome birthday of you ask me!!  :biggrin:

how much did that cost? you made out like a bandit!

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 25, 2013, 10:23:29 PM »
The hubby wont tell me, but he did say it was under $400 for those 3... I told him I could have waited... but he knew I wanted them...

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 25, 2013, 10:56:23 PM »
I really would like to know if there is anyone that could pick up dolls for me. There are lots of dolls out or coming that haven't yet to arrive or enever will arrive to Sweden... I will of course pay you a finders fee

I'm looking for Catrine, Jinafire, Swim Class Dolls and the Deluxe Fashionpacks
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

empirical

« Reply #290 on: February 26, 2013, 12:38:17 AM »
The hubby wont tell me, but he did say it was under $400 for those 3... I told him I could have waited... but he knew I wanted them...

i think i might actually be green with envy right now.  :P

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 26, 2013, 12:53:31 AM »
Wow MJ85 - That is one awesome Birthday/Haul for sure!! :D :heart:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 26, 2013, 03:56:18 AM »
I just got Fearleading Purrsephone and Meowlody and I was thinking about washing the gel gunk out of their hair, but I thought I should ask here first if that is a good idea or not before doing it. The reason I'm kind of worried about doing it is because I'm afraid the stripes will wash out along with the gel. If the stripes will wash out or fade, is there an easy way to restore them?

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 26, 2013, 04:11:02 AM »
AFAIK the stripes do wash out and fade. How much depends on your doll and on what detergent/soap you use and how long and hard you rub/wash it. :7
You can, however, colour them back in with sharpie, since not all of it will wash out in just one go.

It has kept me from washing mine 'til now, so I'm just quoting the experience of others, mind you.. I also can not tell you what kind of sharpie will work best. :|

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 26, 2013, 04:31:21 AM »
AFAIK the stripes do wash out and fade. How much depends on your doll and on what detergent/soap you use and how long and hard you rub/wash it. :7
You can, however, colour them back in with sharpie, since not all of it will wash out in just one go.

It has kept me from washing mine 'til now, so I'm just quoting the experience of others, mind you.. I also can not tell you what kind of sharpie will work best. :|

Ok, thanks. I think I'll try it and just be careful not to scrub too hard on the stripes. I'm mostly just trying to get rid of the marks where their hair was tied down in the box, so I'll just concentrate more on the back part of their hair.

Dorriebelle

« Reply #295 on: February 26, 2013, 06:08:26 AM »

After going back and forth over 'Do I want Catrine or not ?' for a solid month - and never finding one anyway, which made it a moot point - I finally found four yesterday. I was lining them up and thinking about it some more when one somehow asked. "Please ?". Right into my head.

I knew I've always been a sucker for cats, I just didn't know until then it extended to plastic ones. So that one came home with us, of course. Hoping that our TRU gets the Scaris two-pack Thursday like they said they should. Then I'm on a dolly diet until Bloodgood or Heath (or, wish upon a star, Slow Moe) comes out.

What's new in your forest ?

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 26, 2013, 06:43:56 AM »

i think i might actually be green with envy right now.  :P

Wow MJ85 - That is one awesome Birthday/Haul for sure!! :D :heart:

Thanks guys... I havent really gotten birthday presents in the past couple of years because money has been tight... But this year he splurged a bit... ^.^ It was a good day :)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #297 on: February 26, 2013, 07:27:55 AM »
My husband and I just had this conversation:

Me: I want a doll for my birthday.
Him: Ok, I'll get you 'a doll' for your birthday.
Me: I want a specific doll for my birthday.
Him: Oh..... Well, then that probably won't happen because of one of three reasons. Either A) I'll forget about it because your birthday isn't till september, or B) It's probably expensive, or C) It's probably not made anymore.
Me: *coyly* It's all of those, but I won't let you forget about it! I'll remind you!
Him: No.

And no amount of whining, pleading, or bargaining got him to even look the doll up on ebay, write it's name down, or change his answer.

And that is the story of how I will never hold Gil in my own two hands. 

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 26, 2013, 07:46:45 AM »
Stands too!!!!!!  Wow!  Way to go Mattel!

I went hunting today.  Still no Catrine:(  Finally got to see A swim doll in person, a Lala.  I didn't buy her though, I want one with LOTSA pink in her hair:)  Still had that one Ice/Blob pack with the sub-par lip screening kicking around.

I guess it was for the best.  I wound up spending a bunch of money on stuff for my apartment.  Not to mention the $1000 I spent on new appliances the other day -_-  Getting divorced is expensive :lol:

kitter, I've seen several Catrines around here. I can grab one for you if you'd like. :) The only thing I can't find is Deuce! I had to give in and buy him from a scalper. It sucks, but it was so frustrating seeing 12 basic Scaris dolls and not a single Deuce. :|

Thanks so much for the offer, but Catrine is the ONE doll I want to find on my own.  I want 2 of them, one with the super light shadow, and one with the super dark shadow, and the only way I'm gonna be able to pull that off is if they are side by side in the store :lol:

Sorry you had to buy from a scalper:(  Hopefully they didn't charge you too much!  I've only seen Deuce once in store.  It IS frustrating >_<
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 26, 2013, 07:51:08 AM »
Uuugh I feel SO bad whenever people on here talk about wanting Gill!  I remember when the Skull Shores dolls came out, I saw Gill over and over again and of course didn't get him for anyone but me because I had no idea what Mattel was about to start pulling with its boy MH dolls.  MH dolls make me want to time travel!!
:(

I saw a Scaris Deuce yesterday at Walmart.  I couldn't believe my luck until I examined him.  One of his eyes was printed about where his eyebrow should be.  I could literally see the naked bump on his face where his eye SHOULD have been printed.  It was that bad.  Probably the worst application of an eye on a MH doll that I've ever seen.  I left him there... *shakes fist at Mattel QC*

Speaking of Deuce, I'm considering selling my DotD Deuce.  Just not sure I'm attached to him anymore.  He is complete except for his sunglasses.  They snapped in half almost as soon as I took him out of the package and I was by no means rough with them! :/  Anyone know what a loose DotD Deuce sans glasses goes for?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:57:55 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal