collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35252 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2013, 07:53:45 AM »
My husband and I just had this conversation:

Me: I want a doll for my birthday.
Him: Ok, I'll get you 'a doll' for your birthday.
Me: I want a specific doll for my birthday.
Him: Oh..... Well, then that probably won't happen because of one of three reasons. Either A) I'll forget about it because your birthday isn't till september, or B) It's probably expensive, or C) It's probably not made anymore.
Me: *coyly* It's all of those, but I won't let you forget about it! I'll remind you!
Him: No.

And no amount of whining, pleading, or bargaining got him to even look the doll up on ebay, write it's name down, or change his answer.

And that is the story of how I will never hold Gil in my own two hands. 

That's such a shame! :( I'm not really looking into buying any older dolls except for DT Cleo and DotD Deuce and I don't want my boyfriend spending that much money on one item for me unless it's an engagement ring. XD My boyfriend knows the characters and somewhat knows the different lines so he knows what he's looking for when he's out getting groceries or has to make a stop at Walmart or Target. :D
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2013, 08:37:17 AM »
My Scaris two-pack arrived!
Lagoona looks perfect but Cleo has an ever so slight wonk eye x__x
Other people recognized it as well, so it can't be just me. Gotta return and exchange them, but, but... I WANT TO OPEN THEM. It's hard having them sitting there and not being allowed to get them out of the box :(

I also noticed that my SS Draculaura has a mighty wonk eye. How could I not notice this when I bought her? Lol, maybe I thought she was supposed to look this way. I wasn't very versed in MH faceups back then.
Great, now I don't want her anymore. I guess I'll put her on ebay and buy another SS Lala from the money I make off of her *g*

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2013, 08:44:02 AM »
I really would like to know if there is anyone that could pick up dolls for me. There are lots of dolls out or coming that haven't yet to arrive or enever will arrive to Sweden... I will of course pay you a finders fee

I'm looking for Catrine, Jinafire, Swim Class Dolls and the Deluxe Fashionpacks

I have a Catrine and a Jinafire.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2013, 08:55:14 AM »
I just noticed my DotD Cleo has eye wonk too!  Moving all of my things has given me the chance to take another look at everyone with my 2013 eye.  I guess my 2011 wasn't as fine tuned :lol:

All my dolls were standing on a shelf darn near the ceiling of my house, and packed 3 deep.  I never got to see them.  Now everyone is pretty much at eye level and packed 2 deep, so I can see everyone:)  I've still got a LONG way to go, setting everyone up.  I think everyone needs another wash.  They are all so dusty!

Will re-washing sticky dolls move the glue from the scalp to the rest of the hair?  Alot of my dolls feel stickier than I remember them being 2 years ago :huh:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 26, 2013, 08:55:53 AM »

Speaking of Deuce, I'm considering selling my DotD Deuce.  Just not sure I'm attached to him anymore.  He is complete except for his sunglasses.  They snapped in half almost as soon as I took him out of the package and I was by no means rough with them! :/  Anyone know what a loose DotD Deuce sans glasses goes for?

I am by no means an expert but at least 80+. If you wanna sell him here take offers on him. I know he still goes for over 100 on ebay. He is the one boy I had to my hands more than once and never got. I'll never own him now sadly.

Good luck if you do sell him.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 26, 2013, 12:07:24 PM »

Will re-washing sticky dolls move the glue from the scalp to the rest of the hair?  Alot of my dolls feel stickier than I remember them being 2 years ago :huh:

I've found that once the glue starts leeching out through the plugs, attempting to wash it out with water by normal means will usually only succeed in spreading it to the rest of the hair. Your best bet will be to soak it in a degreaser first to break up any residue. Once that's gone, you can just wash and style their hair the way you normally would, repeat treatment as necessary.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but Tea Tree oil seems to be having good results with those that have used it (I believe credit for this find goes to Catlein). You should be able to get bottles of it at most pharmacies. I've been having luck using Goof Off 2 whenever the problem crops up on my own dolls, which is a discontinued product, so I'll likely be grabbing some Tea Tree oil in the future to give it a whirl. :)

Good luck!

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #306 on: February 26, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »

I've found that once the glue starts leeching out through the plugs, attempting to wash it out with water by normal means will usually only succeed in spreading it to the rest of the hair. Your best bet will be to soak it in a degreaser first to break up any residue. Once that's gone, you can just wash and style their hair the way you normally would, repeat treatment as necessary.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but Tea Tree oil seems to be having good results with those that have used it (I believe credit for this find goes to Catlein). You should be able to get bottles of it at most pharmacies. I've been having luck using Goof Off 2 whenever the problem crops up on my own dolls, which is a discontinued product, so I'll likely be grabbing some Tea Tree oil in the future to give it a whirl. :)

Good luck!

Tea Tree Oil and Goo Gone both work

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2013, 12:17:25 PM »
Thanks for the tips ^^^^^

I guess I'll try the soaking idea.  I like the sound of that:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 26, 2013, 12:21:32 PM »
My Rochelle still has glue but after a while, I haven't even noticed it or anything. It's only when I fidget with her hair in the back when I notice it.

I wouldn't mind trying the oil, but it's like $7-10 for like....2 oz I think?? I'm cheap. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 26, 2013, 12:33:26 PM »
Ditto Luvly.  I found it at the store I work at.  Such a small bottle, for so much money!

BUT I love touching the hair, and brushing the hair!  The hair is my favorite part so I have to get it sorted out.  If spending the money on a 2 oz bottle is what I've got to do, then I'll do it.  It's cheaper than sending 'em all out to Ravie :P

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 26, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
Why is it so expensive for you guys. ;O;
Have you tried ebay? I bought a huge bottle there, was much cheaper than buying a small one. It really works wonders tho - I can definitely recommend it! ^^

(..and yep, it was Catlein who first discovered the awesome effects it had on MH glue.)

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2013, 01:40:41 PM »
Tea tree oil is an amazing fix :D I figured it out when I realised that if I used it to remove bandage adhesive on myself, it must be able to gently help out dolly hair! It can be rather pricey though :(

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2013, 11:41:11 PM »
You can get shampoo that has tea tree oil in it. Maybe that can be a cheap alternative?

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2013, 11:42:34 PM »
You can get shampoo that has tea tree oil in it. Maybe that can be a cheap alternative?

Tried it. Didn't really work near effectively enough :( Might be okay for dolls with lesser glue problems though.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2013, 04:21:21 AM »
I'm off for the next three nights. I think this might finally be the "weekend" that I move all the furniture around while my husband is at work. He will hate it. And he will whine and cry about it. But I need things changed. Plus, I want to condense things so that I can have more storage space for bookshelves so I can better display my dolls!

I just got paid and paid my bills and set aside money in savings. I left myself some "fun" money. I'm thinking of trying to find a nicer display case than just the $30 wal-mart bookshelves that I have been using.

Does anyone have any suggestions on shelving/cases that are good? Something to order online or pick up at a big chain store like wal-mart or ikea or target?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal