collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41472 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1335 on: February 18, 2013, 08:34:39 PM »
I am so mad right now! :mad: So after leaving nearly an hour after I was supposed to leave work I went over to Target to see if they had Draculaura's fashion pack. To my surprise, it was the only one on the shelf! I was so ecstatic that I grabbed it and grabbed a nearly perfect PD Cleo. So fast forward 40 minutes later, I grab my Rochelle and the fashion pack and as I'm starting to open it, I notice that part of it was already open. I look to see if anything was missing and her shoes are gone! I am so mad I didn't notice it during my excitement. Now I have to go track down another one and exchange it so I can't play dress up with my Rochelle. :cry:

At least I found a new Swim Venus and Lagoona. The Swim Venus has a smudge on her lips, but she has the green eye shadow! Now I don't know if I should open up either of them or return the one with the pink make up. What do y'all think I should do?
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: February 18, 2013, 08:39:03 PM »
Yeah, I didn't wanna say anything about the new packaging, but the new way they're packing them, yes saves costs and all, but at the same time, they look VERY easy to open through and steal something. >,>; Yay new packing saves us money! But now we gotta be careful when we see them and inspect to make perfect sure it's complete.

As for Venus, I say wait till you find a replacement one in store, then return the smudged lip one, OR Contact mattel about the paint smear.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 18, 2013, 08:50:06 PM »
Yeah, I didn't wanna say anything about the new packaging, but the new way they're packing them, yes saves costs and all, but at the same time, they look VERY easy to open through and steal something. >,>; Yay new packing saves us money! But now we gotta be careful when we see them and inspect to make perfect sure it's complete.

As for Venus, I say wait till you find a replacement one in store, then return the smudged lip one, OR Contact mattel about the paint smear.

I think the new packaging is cute, but I agree it's so much easier to steal than the older ones because with the older ones you had to work hard to get anything out. I hope I can easily find another one tomorrow so I can play dress up with Rochelle. For now I'll just take PD Cleo and my new Swim Lagoona out of their boxes and brush their hair. :heart:

I'll probably just wait to find another one with green make up to replace. I'm in no rush. I don't want to bother Mattel with something like a little paint smear. It's not too noticeable. It's going to be so hard not to take either of them out of the box. Venus' hair is so soft and I just adore brushing her hair! *O* I guess I'll figure out which one to keep in box when I get a new one with green make up. I'm just really happy to have one of each! :biggrin:
-Bow Tie

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 18, 2013, 08:52:35 PM »
I grab my Rochelle and the fashion pack and as I'm starting to open it, I notice that part of it was already open. I look to see if anything was missing and her shoes are gone! I am so mad I didn't notice it during my excitement. Now I have to go track down another one and exchange it so I can't play dress up with my Rochelle. :cry:

I'm so sorry you got a pack with no shoes  :scared: I'll be more careful...been a bit lazy about double checking everything but I do always look for the shoes because they are so pretty..

Thieves!

I agree with Luvly on the lip smear. If you want to repaint it I guess it doesn't matter but at least with finding another in store you can see if it has the same problem or not!

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 18, 2013, 08:58:44 PM »
I grab my Rochelle and the fashion pack and as I'm starting to open it, I notice that part of it was already open. I look to see if anything was missing and her shoes are gone! I am so mad I didn't notice it during my excitement. Now I have to go track down another one and exchange it so I can't play dress up with my Rochelle. :cry:

I'm so sorry you got a pack with no shoes  :scared: I'll be more careful...been a bit lazy about double checking everything but I do always look for the shoes because they are so pretty..

Thieves!

I agree with Luvly on the lip smear. If you want to repaint it I guess it doesn't matter but at least with finding another in store you can see if it has the same problem or not!

I'm usually very careful especially since I made sure the PD Cleo had great makeup, but this time I was just too excited to check. I'm so disheartened that people would do such a thing, but I shouldn't be surprised. :cry:

I'm not good with painting so I'll just be patient. I've had good luck so far with finding them so I'll just be more patient. I work in a mall with a Justice and down the street is a Meijer, plus there's another Justice about 5 minutes from my house so it's not like I'm driving all over the state for her. :)
-Bow Tie

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1340 on: February 18, 2013, 09:04:06 PM »
D: the shoes are the best part! what kind of jerk would steal the shoes!

I really wish we had a kmart or a justice. I am going to have to rely on friends to track down both of these Venus dolls.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 18, 2013, 09:06:32 PM »

Thieves!

I'm usually very careful especially since I made sure the PD Cleo had great makeup, but this time I was just too excited to check. I'm so disheartened that people would do such a thing, but I shouldn't be surprised. :cry:

I'm not good with painting so I'll just be patient. I've had good luck so far with finding them so I'll just be more patient. I work in a mall with a Justice and down the street is a Meijer, plus there's another Justice about 5 minutes from my house so it's not like I'm driving all over the state for her. :)

If you want you can have the shoes from mine... :)

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 18, 2013, 09:07:51 PM »

I tend to focus on one thing and miss another like eyes or lips and bald spots.

Yeah it's a bummer and I'm not surprised people do it but then you have this:
"I steal because it's so expensive"  well why do you think they keep raising prices on small items! Because of thieves >< so they can take that into account for money they can gain/lose. Oh and many other reasons  :P

I haven't seen any around but I've been avoiding doll purchases. :) My last purchase by me was a while ago actually so that's good.  I'll try the food store tomorrow heeee and maybe Kmart eventually since they've been found there.
They should be around long enough for you to pick a good one or two!

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 18, 2013, 09:15:57 PM »

Thieves!

If you want you can have the shoes from mine... :)

Thank you so much for the offer, but I've seen the new fashion packs pretty often so I shouldn't have a problem. I sincerely appreciate the offer! :)

I tend to focus on one thing and miss another like eyes or lips and bald spots.

Yeah it's a bummer and I'm not surprised people do it but then you have this:
"I steal because it's so expensive"  well why do you think they keep raising prices on small items! Because of thieves >< so they can take that into account for money they can gain/lose. Oh and many other reasons  :P

I haven't seen any around but I've been avoiding doll purchases. :) My last purchase by me was a while ago actually so that's good.  I'll try the food store tomorrow heeee and maybe Kmart eventually since they've been found there.
They should be around long enough for you to pick a good one or two!

I focus on the face. That's all that matters to me. I wasn't bothered by the fact that the PD Cleo doesn't have a lot of tinsel. I didn't care. I just wanted her to have a good face. :lol:

I try not to purchase too many dolls, but I've been avoiding PD Cleo for weeks! I keep saying, "Next paycheck!" (I get paid weekly) and I just couldn't bring myself to buy her 'til now. :lol: Now I'm caught up 'til the new stuff comes out like PD Lagoona and Frankie, Ghoul's Night Out and the 13 Wishes dolls which won't be 'til late Spring/early Summer.

They just came out so I should definitely be able to find a good one with green make up. I also need to exchange the one I have with pink make up for one with a knee that isn't splitting. I just have so much to deal with. :lol:

I saw this on tumblr and just had to share! If I was drinking anything, I would have spit it out all over my computer. It's just too funny! :lol:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:22:38 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: February 18, 2013, 09:22:53 PM »
They just came out so I should definitely be able to find a good one with green make up. I also need to exchange the one I have with pink make up for one with a knee that isn't splitting. I just have so much to deal with. :lol:

Right?! I find myself exchanging dolls recently with better lip paint. Like my Scaris Rochelle from Xmas.  Thinking of doing that with my DDG 3 pack.....I love Lala + Abbey but their eyes are a little funny?  and Ghoulia's lips are badly smudged.  But I know the quality on those packs is meh so I'll see if I can find pretty ones, otherwise I'll keep em and make it work! They are still lovely after all I am just being picky..... :blush:

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 18, 2013, 09:28:25 PM »

Right?! I find myself exchanging dolls recently with better lip paint. Like my Scaris Rochelle from Xmas.  Thinking of doing that with my DDG 3 pack.....I love Lala + Abbey but their eyes are a little funny?  and Ghoulia's lips are badly smudged.  But I know the quality on those packs is meh so I'll see if I can find pretty ones, otherwise I'll keep em and make it work! They are still lovely after all I am just being picky..... :blush:

I hear ya! I've passed up so many dolls because of that. I nearly missed out on Basic Venus and the re-release of SO Lagoona because I was being way too picky. Especially since they aren't shipping them anymore now that PD dolls have replaced them. I love 'em anyways because they are just absolutely lovely dolls, but I can't help but be picky. :blush:
-Bow Tie

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: February 18, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »
No prob... I bought it but havent found the lala I want to put in it yet... So its just kinda sitting there... lol

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: February 18, 2013, 11:56:07 PM »
I am in love with Swim Lagoona!!! Her make up, her hair, her outfit. I just adore her!!! I'm definitely going to be getting more of her for outfits! She is my second favorite Lagoona. I love SS Lagoona, but Swim Lagoona is just absolutely gorgeous! I would trade a couple of my extra nude Classroom Lagoonas for some nude Swim Lagoonas!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:58:09 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 19, 2013, 12:25:22 AM »
Nothing wrong with being picky. You're choosing which doll you'll be taking home with you to live with you for the rest of their life, so of course you'll have to be picky! XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: February 19, 2013, 01:21:01 AM »
Maniah, Venus would look stunning in an orchid based dress *__*

While we're at requesting things from Mattel... OMG PLEASE MAKE A TOY OUT OF THOSE HELLHOUNDS! It's not normal how much I love how they look:

I'm not sure how I missed hellhounds!!! But since I collect these, I will HAVE to have them if they make them....

I think this webisode isn't on the official MH youtube channel yet. I saw this at the Polish MH channel.
Don't they look just awesome?! I think they will never make them, though. They were just one-shots for the webisode and tbh, I can't see Mattel releaseing something that gruesome looking in a fashion doll toyline :huh:

PS: wait, did you say you collect monstrous dogs? Show me! :biggrin:

I did... I adore hellhounds... I don't have many and some of them are actually hyena's LOL but here are some of them. I will upload a more current picture later this week. I have added a houndour from pokemon and another plastic dog I came across at a yardsale...

Spoiler

I put them behind the spoiler so that everyone doesn't have to look at the hellhounds if they don't want. And I must apologize the hyena's insisted on being included in the pictures!

Post Merge: February 19, 2013, 01:37:36 AM

Sent you a PM mejohnson :blush:

Who else still needs a Scaris Deuce??
Anyone need Catrine still?

*raises hand* Still haven't seen my snake boy.  :huh:

I haven't found deuce either! I'm really not sure if I'm gonna get Catrine, but haven't seen her in stores either.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:37:36 AM by Tribble79 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal