collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 40559 times)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1230 on: February 16, 2013, 10:07:16 PM »
My kids have one swim Venus each and they both have pink eye shadow. Now I'll be looking for ones with the green.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1231 on: February 16, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »
aw MAN! now I need both swim Venus dolls D:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1232 on: February 17, 2013, 05:28:59 AM »
I'm just holding out for dance Venus with that lovely pink hair!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 17, 2013, 05:39:57 AM »

Me too!! Love that one!!

Can someone help me with a small price check? I found LaLa's newspaper fashion. What's it worth with and without shoes? Thanks.

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 17, 2013, 05:52:00 AM »
I ordered 6 LIV wigs off of ebay the other day, they arrived YAY. I was going to rehair my CAMs, but one of them had a accident with the rehair tool so she's got a huge gash in her scalp. I decided just to wig her instead of buying her a new head. I think wigs give alot more depth and variety to the CAMs anyway. After I go through them I might have some spares for trade, depends on who gets what out of the bunch. I have the day off so I can play with my dollies yay.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 17, 2013, 06:44:37 AM »

Me too!! Love that one!!

Can someone help me with a small price check? I found LaLa's newspaper fashion. What's it worth with and without shoes? Thanks.

I paid $10.50 for mine without shoes... And the are going for another $10-$12 on eBay...

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 17, 2013, 06:46:42 AM »
Maniah, Venus would look stunning in an orchid based dress *__*

While we're at requesting things from Mattel... OMG PLEASE MAKE A TOY OUT OF THOSE HELLHOUNDS! It's not normal how much I love how they look:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm not sure how I missed hellhounds!!! But since I collect these, I will HAVE to have them if they make them....

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #1237 on: February 17, 2013, 08:35:05 AM »
Sent you a PM mejohnson :blush:

Who else still needs a Scaris Deuce??
Anyone need Catrine still?

*raises hand* Still haven't seen my snake boy.  :huh:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 17, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »
So since I couldnt find the swim dolls since I found them at Kmart, I broke down and bought them from Justice online... Thank goodness I wasnt paying full price... they are having a Flash sale with 40% off plus an additional 20% off at checkout... Made the 4 dolls I bought only $46... Paid like 11 for each doll or something like that... Im glad I did because Venus was gone off the website when I just checked...  :blink: I am hoping that she is the one with the green eye shadow... :D

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 17, 2013, 08:52:58 AM »

Me too!! Love that one!!

I paid $10.50 for mine without shoes... And the are going for another $10-$12 on eBay...

Thanks!

I found LaLa and Lagoona at Justic last night. I got them both since i love that LaLa with no fangs.

Oh both there swimsuits are for sale in my sales thread.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 17, 2013, 09:18:35 AM »
So, this is interesting. On top of Swim Venus having a new face, people are also reporting finding newer versions of Ghouls Alive Frankie making their way out as well. Her face is made from a more solid plastic now and she looks a lot softer than her initial release, the colors are more muted:
http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/forum/topics/new-different-looking-ghouls-alive-frankie-stein-found

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 17, 2013, 09:31:45 AM »
Keelee:  Just trust me.  You need both. :lol:  Our collecting styles are very similar.  You're gonna want to have both....

Ahaha, you're so right. XD I totally do. Thanks for all the pictures, everyone! They've convinced me. Neither the new RM singles nor the swim dolls have appeared here anywhere, but I'll keep an eye out. (I also /may/ need both Swim Venuses, too...but definitely both RM Abbeys!)

So, this is interesting. On top of Swim Venus having a new face, people are also reporting finding newer versions of Ghouls Alive Frankie making their way out as well. Her face is made from a more solid plastic now and she looks a lot softer than her initial release, the colors are more muted:
http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/forum/topics/new-different-looking-ghouls-alive-frankie-stein-found

This I've actually seen! I wish I'd taken a picture now, doh. :blush: The difference is, the original release of Ghoul's Alive Frankie has an entirely painted face. For whatever reason, her whole face is covered in green paint (that almost matches her skin), and then her eyes and lips are screen on top of that. It seems kinda fragile, as I usually see it chipped in-box, especially on her nose. This version also has a much more cherry red lip color.

This second (?) release of GA Frankie does /not/ have a painted face. The quasi-translucent green vinyl of her face is just bare, and then she has her eyes and mouth screened directly on said vinyl like normal. This version also has a more maroon lip color, like Signature Frankie.

I was looking at them both in the store, it's just weird. :blink: I can't decide which I prefer!

faunabay

« Reply #1242 on: February 17, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
Not judging!  I would love to grab a "mis-print" for $12 now and see it skyrocket later!

Just having one of the few early releases would be cool, but I was thinking how could you prove to people you have an authentic doll.

Mandy seems to have found my answer though!

I'm truly tempted now :lol:
Now I'm wondering myself.  LOL  I bought all 3 for another member here and then she found them herself.  I've posted a sale thread but now I might want to keep her for myself.    :P  I really shouldn't because I didn't truely have the money to buy them in the first place but thought I'd be getting reimbursed.  Now though hmmmm........ :lol:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 17, 2013, 10:59:37 AM »
Meep. Sorry I was gone a few days everyone. (family issue, resolved for the time being)

Just woke up, forgot about posting the pics I promised and grabbed my camera. Sorry for blurry pics. >,<;

Side View

Front View

It seems that Venus is the most popular of this line, since yesterday, two Fred Meyers, All of them had Lagoona and Draculaura, but no Venus, except for the last one I went to which only had one, so I grabbed her.

And overnight I became a Variant collector...>,>; (unless she's the only one whose had that little mistake)

Now i Have 2 MIB Variants of Swimline Venus...Signature makeup and I'm guessing the official way she was supposed to look. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 17, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »
I was just at my Fred Meyer and they only have the pink makeup one, about 3 or so. I'm now looking for the one with green makeup.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal