collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41274 times)

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1215 on: February 16, 2013, 07:30:05 PM »
oh mah gorsh >.< Exhausted Ravie is exhausted, but I have a new awesome shelf that's deep enough to set up actual displays XD so now I gotta decide what to do with it! Thinking about either having a dotd party shelf, a Clawdeen's room sleepover shelf or a Cafe DeMorte helf. So many options now, and I hope to get more of these shelves in the future, whenever i can get my huge honkin dresser outta my room (i don't use it, and it's over six feet long x_x)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 16, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »
Just remembered something from awhile back! 

Luvly:  You promised us pictures of your Swim Venus variant!  I'm super curious:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 16, 2013, 08:30:25 PM »

Luvly:  You promised us pictures of your Swim Venus variant!  I'm super curious:)

Monster High Insider has an image of what LuvlyMelody described finding with her doll:
http://mhinsider.tumblr.com/image/43165292606

I can't wait to see more images of her this way, I love the colors. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1218 on: February 16, 2013, 08:35:45 PM »
Apparently that's how swim Venus is meant to look but for some reason the first batch that got released used the signature Venus face-up.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 16, 2013, 08:47:34 PM »
Oh, that's gorgeous! I hope I find the newer one. Might need a second of it if I do, for future fashion packs :p

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 16, 2013, 08:59:47 PM »
Thank you Mandy:)

Guess you are off the hook, Luvly!

That is quite a big mistake, huh?  I'd be pretty upset if I got one of the "wrong" ones.

I wonder how difficult it is to see what the faceup looks like under the shades in box, in store :wonder:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 16, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »
Apparently that's how swim Venus is meant to look but for some reason the first batch that got released used the signature Venus face-up.

Oh crap!... Now I have to go check mine out...  :blink:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 16, 2013, 09:11:48 PM »
It's very easy to spot the difference under the shades. You can easily spot the bright pink. I checked when I was at Kohls and it wasn't difficult at all. :)

I also found the mummy/gorgon pack at a Kmart! I picked it up. I don't usually buy CaMs, but these are gorgeous!!! :)
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1223 on: February 16, 2013, 09:13:02 PM »
I found with other things I've collected in the past that when this happen the "mess up" version ends up going for alot of money later on when people decide they want the "mistakes".  LOL   

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 16, 2013, 09:16:59 PM »

Monster High Insider has an image of what LuvlyMelody described finding with her doll:
http://mhinsider.tumblr.com/image/43165292606

I can't wait to see more images of her this way, I love the colors. :)

So this is what she is supposed to look like? With just the green?

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: February 16, 2013, 09:22:28 PM »
It's very easy to spot the difference under the shades. You can easily spot the bright pink. I checked when I was at Kohls and it wasn't difficult at all. :)

I also found the mummy/gorgon pack at a Kmart! I picked it up. I don't usually buy CaMs, but these are gorgeous!!! :)

Great to know!  Thank you.  Just have to remember to check before I rush the cashier :lol:

I found with other things I've collected in the past that when this happen the "mess up" version ends up going for alot of money later on when people decide they want the "mistakes".  LOL   

I thought about that, but couldn't anyone put a Sig Venus in a Swim swimsuit, and claim it is a "mis-printed" doll?  Is their a way to prove it?  I'm not sure you could make money on this one......

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 16, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »

I thought about that, but couldn't anyone put a Sig Venus in a Swim swimsuit, and claim it is a "mis-printed" doll?  Is their a way to prove it?  I'm not sure you could make money on this one......

I think the only way you could tell them apart would be if the doll has holes punched in her ears. Her Swim doll doesn't have any earrings.

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1227 on: February 16, 2013, 09:34:03 PM »

Oh I'm not saying I'm trying to make money off it myself.....just saying I've seen it happen.   :)

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 16, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »
Not judging!  I would love to grab a "mis-print" for $12 now and see it skyrocket later!

Just having one of the few early releases would be cool, but I was thinking how could you prove to people you have an authentic doll.

Mandy seems to have found my answer though!

I'm truly tempted now :lol:

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: February 16, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »

Heres mine and she is going to stay right where she is :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal