collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 40033 times)

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #240 on: February 01, 2013, 08:07:47 AM »
Omg hooray my wife found Catrine! She said they have six, so enough that Maniah and I will have one now.

-does her I have Catrine dance-

I am so thrilled too! I was at wal-mart when Maddy called me, and I had JUST complained to my husband about them still not having Catrine, when she called like 1 sec later. I am so so so happy! I've kept a small portion of money aside for Catrine, and had just been about to give it up and put it toward a different purchase, so the call came in good time :)
It's a good thing she did show up today. I was on the point of giving up hope till my wife called to tell me there was a doll and asking about that cat girl.

Ok ladies and gents I have a small issue with my Catrine, and I've noticed it with the one I got for Maniah. When I put on Catrine's sunglasses I noticed that they glasses part is upside down when the ear pieces are right. When I turn it around the glasses are poking up funny.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ok these are upside down to me, but look at the side here

when I turn the glasses the other way to look properly though

Does that look right with the ear pieces turned up like that? Am I just being an idiot? I would think they would curve down even if she does have cat ears instead of human ears.

They look like the prada baroque sunglasses to me :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 01, 2013, 08:10:05 AM »
I just googled them..hmm but even on those sunglasses the ear pieces curve down instead of up like these.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2013, 08:11:43 AM »
I see the similarities to the Prada glasses, but with Catrine's her nose piece is upside down. If you put the glasses on her correctly, then the ear pieces curve upwards, instead of downwards. The Prada ones curve downwards. If the nose piece were flipped over, than the ear pieces, the arms, would curve downwards.

Hm. I see the point being made, and because of that nose piece, both ways just look wrong.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2013, 08:26:47 AM »
Bonjour!!  Guess who found her way home with me this morning?

Oh lordie is she gorgeous!!!  I'm tickled pink over her:).  It's my daughters 7th birthday tomorrow and this is one of her presents.  Hooray for Catrine!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2013, 08:29:26 AM »
Congrats to everyone finding Catrine! * crosses fingers * I hope I find her soon! Have any Illinois peeps seen her yet?

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2013, 08:57:02 AM »
I would think they made the legs of the glasses go up instead of down on purpose. She's a werecat, not a human, so there's no real reason to make them curve down except to look like normal sunglasses. I personally don't even think they look that weird going up, other than it just not being what I'm used to as I lack cat ears ;D

Congrats on your Catrines y'all! :heart:
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2013, 09:03:35 AM »
Whhhy must  I not get paid until next Friday Dx So far I haven't had any luck though. The one store I asked said they had some on order but they weren't in transit yet  :huh:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2013, 09:05:55 AM »
All of these Catrine's are giving me hope! Getting a ride to the store this afternoon for water, so here's hoping. At least I'm getting something I wanted this month, when my fiance picked up the Hyrule Historia on Amazon he grabbed me Ghoulia's deluxe fashion pack because it was running low on stock <3 (well 20 left, but still. It would have gone fast).

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2013, 09:23:54 AM »
Ahhh! :freak: Nothing found... :cry:

I came home with Junior Mints instead...They're deliciously refreshing...

Yum, hopefully those Junior Mints tide you over til you get a Catrine of your own! :D

I'll be waiting til she's more plentiful on the shelves before I start looking. c:
Them Junior Mints didn't do anything for me! And more and more people are finding her, AND I'M NOT ONE OF THEM!! :freak: *breathes into paper bag* I'd wanna wait until she shows up more, but I'm scared she's not going to! >,<; I just wanna get her out the way for now so I can take a small MH break after being caught up.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
OMG!  I am on the phone with Walmart right now.  Apparently they must have gotten her in but the lady keeps arguing with me that it is an assortment and not just one particular doll instead of just going to look if they have them in.  Not on the shelf just in the system and she just keeps arguing with me.  Now she is telling me that that particular doll did not come in but they got the other 6 in????  Is she in the Scaris assortment?  She has her own price tag and this lady is driving me nuts!  She won't just tell me if the item I am asking about is on the floor or in the back and she even asked about the werecat.  I think she is thinking she is the same as the Scaris dolls and since no one stocked her on the shelf she is just trying to tell me they don't have her even though she could be sitting in the back in her own box right now. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:25:34 AM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »
I would tell them to open the case and check. As far as I am aware she comes in a case by herself.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2013, 10:27:23 AM »
I would tell them to open the case and check. As far as I am aware she comes in a case by herself.
  That's what I thought but she won't let me talk just keeps arguing with me.  I think I will just go in physically and have someone check because this is ridiculous!  She was even arguing about the number I gave her.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2013, 10:28:42 AM »
  That's what I thought but she won't let me talk just keeps arguing with me.  I think I will just go in physically and have someone check because this is ridiculous!  She was even arguing about the number I gave her.
I would just go in, find the tag and have someone with a telzon check

Offline MLPDad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
Congrats to everyone finding Catrine! * crosses fingers * I hope I find her soon! Have any Illinois peeps seen her yet?
I just found her on my lunch hour at the store on 75th st in Glen Ellyn so she is making her way to Illinois. They had 5 when I go there so 4 left.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2013, 11:21:02 AM »
I can confirm she's in her own case. I opened her up myself and put all the other 5 on the shelf at work. haha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal